PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and least favorite belts?

Stickman
12-30-2005, 01:26 PM
um...

DominateR
12-30-2005, 01:37 PM
My fave right now would have to be the U.S. Championship; all-time fave was the Hardcore Championship which I still believe needs to be brought back as an interbrand belt this time instead of a RAW exclusive title. And for some reason, I hate the Cruiserweight belt more than any of them now or ever because it seems like every 2-3 months the belt switches hands on SD!, and all the rest of the belts are usually held by the same person for at least double that amount of time.

Yashamaga
12-30-2005, 01:54 PM
woah what happened to my post?

heres what it was......

What are your current favorite and least favorite belt designs?

Favorite: Intercontinental Championship

Least: United States Championship - It looks so cartoony. The WCW US belt was great, they should have left it like that.

Stickman
12-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Cena's belt is crap. Cena's US belt is crap.

IC Belt is crap. The old design is good.

US is crap.

Tag Belts are ok on both shows.

Batista's is the best as of right now.

The One
12-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Currently Active
Least: John Cena's WWE Championship
Favorite: NWA World Heavyweight Championship

All Time
Least: Taz's 2nd FTW World Belt (Always hated the way it looked)
Favorite: WWF "Winged Eagle" Championship

James Steele
12-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Favorite Designs

1. "Winged Eagle" WWF Championship
2. "Big Gold Belt" WCW Championship/World Heavyweight Championship
3. WCW United States Championship
4. "Old School" WWF Intercontinental Championship
5. "Attitude Era" WWF Championship

Honorable Mention: WWF Tag Team Titles, SD! WWE Tag Team Titles, WWF European Championship

Least Favorite Designs

1. WWE United States Championship (It looks like someone shat gold and a US flag on leather)
2. "John Cena Special" WWE United States Championship (It looks like someone shat aluminum foil and a US flag on leather)
3. "John Cena Special II aka F-U 2" WWE Championship (just :nono: )
4. WCW Hardcore Championship
5. "Bloated Oval" WWF Intercontinental Championship

DisHonorable Mention: TNA X Division Title

The Naitch
12-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Favorites:

In no particular order

1) US Spinner Title
2) WWF Title (1999-2002)
3) WWE Undisputed Title
4) WWF Hardcore Title

The Naitch
12-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Least Favorites:

1) Cena's WWE Title
2) European Title
3) Smoking skull
4) World Heavyweight Championship
5) IC Title

Destor
12-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Favorite is the current WWE championship (well not the current, 'casue technically thats the spinner belt.) That thing is beautiful. Least favorite is the WCW hardcore title, that was a gay belt.

LK
12-30-2005, 08:46 PM
World Heavyweight title
Intercontinental Title
WCW Tag titles (I thought they looked cool)
WWF title (the one Austin got after he won the belt at WM 14)

FourFifty
12-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Are we talking about just looks? Well, if we are....

I highly dislike Cena's spinner belt, and Stone Cold's Smoking Skull belt... Anytime someone has a championship (that word is key) belt made for their gimmick, it sucks. Or when Hogan spray painted nWo on the WCW belt.

I loved the WWF Hardcore title. The broken belt looked awesome... And so did The Million Dollar belt :D

Cool King
12-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Favorites

I.C Title (Current)
World Tag Team Titles
Hardcore Title
ECW Title

Least Favorites

All Cena Belts (Enough with the "Bling Spinnaz" crap)
The CW Title (It looks like a sweet ( Candy :roll: ) wrapper)

ddpBANG
12-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Anytime someone has a championship (that word is key) belt made for their gimmick, it sucks.

The broken belt looked awesome... And so did The Million Dollar belt :D
You just contradicted yourself.

Current like: SmackDown! Tag Titles (just like the blue and gold)

Current hate: the WWE spinner title (don't like thugged out belts, and WWE non-spinner title (it's just black and gold. It needs some color.)

Loose Cannon
12-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Warrior's Blue strap IC is my all-time fav.

Destor
12-30-2005, 11:07 PM
The Million Dollar title isn't an actual championship. (ddpbang)

ddpBANG
12-30-2005, 11:12 PM
It was defended as one. (destor)

Loose Cannon
12-30-2005, 11:14 PM
fuck you (Cool King)

just playing (Cool King)

Destor
12-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Go back and watch those matches and see how many times the announcers say it isn't an actually championship.

McLegend
12-30-2005, 11:22 PM
HBK White Strap IC title is my all time favorite

Least favorite is the Current IC title.

redoneja
12-30-2005, 11:25 PM
My favorite all time is the Old School IC title.

My least favorite all time is the Spinner US title Belt or the NWA Heavyweight Title Belt.

Dorkchop
12-30-2005, 11:33 PM
* the Hardcore championship that Tommy Dreamer had right before the WWE decided to make the belt defunct.

Dislikes:
* WWE championship. Looks too boring.
* John Cena's WWE championship.

mrslackalack
12-30-2005, 11:35 PM
World Heavyweight title is my favorite. I dislike the current RAW tag team belt.

Skippord
12-31-2005, 12:29 AM
Hate
The WWE tag titles

The World Tag team titles

FourFifty
12-31-2005, 12:44 AM

Find me a title history. Point out one time where someone who wasn't in a storyline with The Million Dollar Man held that "title"

I just dig how it looks.

*edit- which is why, in my first post, "Championship" is a key word

Chavo Classic
01-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Chavo approves -

The current SD tag titles
The original undisputed WWF title
The WWF title (1998 - 2001)
The Hardcore title (great gimmick belt for a great gimmick)

Chavo pisses on -

Anything Cena wears
HHH's recycled WCW belt

Just John
01-01-2006, 11:51 AM
5. "Attitude Era" WWF Championship

hb2k
01-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Old School Intercontinental Belt was sweet, as was the Winged Eagle WWF Title.

You know what would really have been cool? If, instead of having Cena have another spinner when he won the WWE Championship, as that's already been done, what would have been awesome is if he had came out with the Winged Eagle belt with the Word Life logo on where the WWF block logo used to be, because that totally would have matched the "throwback" style he was going with.

Stickman
01-01-2006, 02:37 PM
I highly dislike Cena's spinner belt, and Stone Cold's Smoking Skull belt... Anytime someone has a championship (that word is key) belt made for their gimmick, it sucks. Or when Hogan spray painted nWo on the WCW belt.

:D

At the time, the Spraypainted WCW belt was awesome. The concept of it just rocked. Everywhere you went you saw NWO either spraypainted or written in ink. At least, everywhere around where I hung out.

Stickman
01-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Can somebody post a picture of the belt before the winged eagle? I'm not sure what it looks like at all.

dablackguy
01-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Favorites:
The original Intercontinental title just becxause of the look
The original WWF Title for the same reason

Hate:
The WCW Television Title, because I didn't like the belt and because of the manner in which it was defended (Time limit draw anyone?)
Cena's spinner WWE Title, Bob Backlund would be turning over in his grave... were he dead :)

dablackguy
01-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh and the original hardcore title, smashed belt + masking tape with hardcore written in marker on it = awesome

Russenmafia
01-01-2006, 04:14 PM
I prefer the old belt designs for the IC and U.S title. Don't like the new ones at all. Like the World Heavyweight title and hate John Cena's Spinning belt.

JH
01-01-2006, 05:56 PM
WWE
Favorite: Batistas belt....i have always loved that title
Least Favorite: IC Title

TNA
Favorite: X Title
Least Favorite: Tag...they could do better

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2006, 12:15 AM
I dislike the current WWE United States Championship design. The same goes for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

I think they should focus all their energies on creating a new appearance for the WWE Title. Cena's design sucks ass, and the title belt design from Triple H's fifth reign until JBL was pretty poor, too. I am tempted to say bring the eagle back, but I think they could create something new and classy.

I wouldn't mind seeing the World Heavyweight Championship get a new design either. The current belt is good, but it is too dependant on looking like the WCW Title, and it reminds me so much of Triple H. Debut a new title at WrestleMania or something. Not something huge, but something classy. Maybe even have Batista "get bored" with the current design as a storyline indicating he's been WH Champion for so long. Maybe even have him bring back the old eagle design? It would be interesting to say the least.

Maybe the WWE could freshen up the belts a bit, and replace them all as part of a "2006 New Era" movement. Get something that looks worth winning for the cruisers, screw the flag design for the US Title, get something that looks expensive for the winner of the Best of Seven Series. The WWE Tag Titles are fine, but maybe get rid of the blue and replace it with something else. Maybe a red belt and a blue belt, so you can begin to associate the tag teams by which one is the "Red Champion", and which one is the "Blue Champion". Different tag belts is always something I've been interested to see.

The WWE Women's Championship is fine, but I would bring in something a little more expensive looking. Maybe surround it with jewels or something. The World Tag Team Championships don't impress me these days. I think they could use a makeover. The Intercontinental Championship could be good, I think it just needs a few tweaks.