PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to see another Legends of Wrestling game?

D Mac
12-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Also, who should be in that was'nt before?

DS
12-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Here's a better question:

Why should there be another Legends of Wrestling game?

Kane Knight
12-31-2005, 06:37 PM

Do you want to see ANY Legends of Wrestling game?

UmbrellaCorporation
12-31-2005, 06:51 PM

What the hell is Legends of Wrestling?

To which I voted no. Those games were terrible.

D Mac
12-31-2005, 06:59 PM
If they redid the whole engine, maybe?

Destor
12-31-2005, 07:43 PM
I thought the first game was a step in the right direction, but with the sequels there was absolutely no effort what so ever. The franchise had a lot of potential; to bad it was all wasted potential.

Hitman84
12-31-2005, 07:45 PM
If they redid the whole engine, maybe?
True story. The Legends of Wrestling engine was terrible compared to No Mercy and the SmackDown series. The series was a very good idea, but it was totally ruined by the poor engine.

Having said that, though, for gameplay I think LoW2 was the best of the three, however there were a lot of legends missing from it who did appear in LoW3 (Randy Savage, Mr Perfect, Jake Roberts to name but a few).

If another LoW game were to come out I would prefer the LoW2 gameplay - where you have to complete certain mini challenges during the match to get crowd pops and heat from the fans - and the LoW3 roster with the addition of a few more wrestlers: Jim Neidhart (to complete the Hart Foundation stable), the Rockers, Yokozuna maybe and a few others. Oh yes, and they should iron out the glitches too. I mean, it was really annoying for your opponent to pin you mid match, when you still have enough energy left to kick out, only for you to literally pop out of the cover but the ref would keep counting and there'd be nothing you could do bar resetting the machine to prevent yourself from losing the match. I mean, c'mon!

Xero
12-31-2005, 10:10 PM
You mean people actually played any of those games more than twice!?

Kane Knight
12-31-2005, 10:17 PM
To say they were horrible compared to the AKI eengine and the Smackdown engine is to sell them short. They were horrible compared to the Acclaim Engine for WM The Arcade Game.

Xero
12-31-2005, 10:22 PM
To say they were horrible compared to the AKI eengine and the Smackdown engine is to sell them short. They were horrible compared to the Acclaim Engine for WM The Arcade Game.
It was almost on par with WrestleMania Challenge for NES.... Almost.

FourFifty
01-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Revamp the game from the ground up, and I'd say yeah.

It's a great idea, but there seems to be too many "legends." Just because they got their hands on a few trademarks doesn't mean they're legends. Kinda like in the first LoW game, with all due respect, RVD isn't a legend (yet). I'm gonna get some major heat from this but when the game came out I don't think Latino Heat would have cut it as a legend. Gory, Chavo Sr, but not Eddie. If they made LoW IV, then I'd say put him in.

But the real question is what is a legend?
Years ago I'd say someone who was well over with the fans world wide, lasted a long time, and didn't wrestle any more, but then Ric Flair came back in the ring.

Disturbed316
01-01-2006, 12:54 PM
The games were a nice idea, and had some ok features in them (the way to escape through the cage door) but the engine failed the game.

Just John
01-01-2006, 01:32 PM
I dunno if this is such a good idea, but it'd be intereting to have a smackdown Vs Raw Legends game, like a spinoff, not a sequel.

Xero
01-01-2006, 01:47 PM
WWE vs. WCW legends would be awesome. Use the SvR engine, and make all the old arenas etc.

TheNamelessOne
01-01-2006, 02:08 PM
I liked the idea behind the engine, instead of pressing one button and your wrestler simple does a move, you get them into the right position and press the next button which would initiate the move. You could also decide if you wanted to pin them at the end in some cases, or slap a submission move on them.

But of course, the developers really couldn't be arsed in the sequels. This idea wasn't expanded upon at all, the engine just got glitchier and instead of fixing some of the problems they decided to just keep adding stuff. This is why people disliked the recent Tomb Raider game, it was basically the same as each previous rendition and even included all of their flaws.

Disturbed316
01-01-2006, 02:12 PM
I liked the counter system they put in. It's like the reversals in submission moves in the Smackdown games, but was aplied to almost every move.

Kane Knight
01-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Revamp the game from the ground up, and I'd say yeah.

It's a great idea, but there seems to be too many "legends." Just because they got their hands on a few trademarks doesn't mean they're legends. Kinda like in the first LoW game, with all due respect, RVD isn't a legend (yet). I'm gonna get some major heat from this but when the game came out I don't think Latino Heat would have cut it as a legend. Gory, Chavo Sr, but not Eddie. If they made LoW IV, then I'd say put him in.

But the real question is what is a legend?
Years ago I'd say someone who was well over with the fans world wide, lasted a long time, and didn't wrestle any more, but then Ric Flair came back in the ring.

It's prett easy to be a living legend.

People like the Rock and Austin were pretty clearly legends even in their own days, as was Hogan in his. RVD's debatable, but probably was only in there because they needed to compete with games that have 80 wrestlers. If you include ECW wrestlers though, he would fit perfectly.

Flair is not a living legend. The guy in the ring right now has nothing on the man we fell in love with (In a non homosexual, wrestling smark way). Hogan's not these days either. Every time he steps in the ring, another part of my childhood dies.

It'd be nice to see, as someone suggested, a sorta legends vs game. Wouldn't it be cool if they could actually gather up the legends of the WWF/E, WCW, ECW, some of the older promotions (Including NWA), and even some of the bigger indies?

It's a wet dream, but still.

Funky Fly
01-04-2006, 07:21 AM
If they took the basic engine from LoR 2 and gave it to another developer to work the kinks out (ie. clean the crap cartoon graphics up, put proper storylines in it, get rid of that stiff and buggy "Acclaim" feel) it could be pretty good.

Like what EA did with the Burnout series.

Kane Knight
01-04-2006, 08:48 PM
If they took the basic engine from LoR 2 and gave it to another developer to work the kinks out (ie. clean the crap cartoon graphics up, put proper storylines in it, get rid of that stiff and buggy "Acclaim" feel) it could be pretty good.

Like what EA did with the Burnout series.

Well, EA entirely changed the concept of burnout, especially with Revenge. They've now made it such that the concept of being rewarded for driving on the wrong side of the road and such takes a backseat to hitting things.

Kane Knight
01-04-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm not saying the new Burnouts suck...But that they're not really the same concept anymore, not by a longshot.

Doing the same thing would be the equivalent of not only adding a new Engine, but making half the legends dark match eventers.

diamondcutter
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM
No, although the call name system they used was nothing short of genious (list of first names, list of last names, list of nick names). That should be a staple of all wrestling games.

Kane Knight
01-04-2006, 09:27 PM
No, although the call name system they used was nothing short of genious (list of first names, list of last names, list of nick names). That should be a staple of all wrestling games.

I agree. I've been suggesting this for ages.

weather vane
01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Demolition should be in it if they make a new one.

KingofOldSchool
01-04-2006, 09:54 PM
I think the WWE should get THQ to make one. Because regardless, most of the people that were in LoW, have signed WWE Legends contracts now. So they probably wouldn't be allowed in a non-WWE game anyways.

Like I said the WWE should really try to get THQ to make one based on the SVR 2006 engine. Just think of the roster..

Hogan
Rock
Austin
Foley
Hart
Bulldog
Race
Flair
Steamboat
Anderson
Graham
DiBiase
Piper
Andre

The list goes on...they can actually have alternate attires and have old school storylines. For example a storyline where DiBiase tries to buy the WWE Title.

94 SVT Cobra
01-06-2006, 02:26 AM
I know i have a habit of not making sense, but that LOW engine compared to my sense making ablites makes me seem like a fucking genius.

Funky Fly
01-07-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm not saying the new Burnouts suck...But that they're not really the same concept anymore, not by a longshot.

Doing the same thing would be the equivalent of not only adding a new Engine, but making half the legends dark match eventers.
I hear you.

I was thinking of AKI specifically, when I made that post. I'm not suggesting they modify the WCW/nWo engine again (No Mercy or Def Jam anyone?), but if they tweaked Acclaim's engine thoroughly enough, it might become quite deep while still managing to be fun.