PDA

View Full Version : The Movies

loopydate
01-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Got it for Christmas. It is the single greatest game ever made.

That's about it. I guess... uh, describe movies you've made in The Movies. I'm working on my first Advanced Editor movie, and I just entered my third year of production. Going to be awesome when it's done though.

OssMan
01-01-2006, 02:01 AM
i bought black & white 2 instead of this game and my video card does not support either

loopydate
01-01-2006, 02:20 AM
I had to update my graphics driver to run it. Took me forever to figure that out (I am, after all, computer-illiterate), and I was strongly considering returning it. But I found a thread on GameFAQs posted by someone with the exact same symptoms I had, and that's what he recommended. And now I can play it.

The Destroyer
01-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Yeah, it's quite good. I'm really interested as the full range of variety you get once you've researched and unlocked everyhing though. Since it's only 1940 or so and I've already got loads of sets...

loopydate
01-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Same here. It's about 1947 for me, and my lot is almost full with sets and production facilities.

My first self-made movie didn't do so hot. I thought it ruled, but I didn't have enough star power/experience to get a good rating.

Working on another one now that I wrote. It's a war comedy about an American soldier who meets a woman on a German subway and hooks up, only to find out that she's actually a soldier. She tries to kill him and wackiness ensues.

But the guy has the best death EVER. The German girl bashes down the door to the Allied safehouse like something out of "The Shining." Then she jumps on top of him and stabs him while he's having a picnic and flirting with a Siberian chick. She rolls off and catches her breath. Then he sits up like Michael Myers, but she just stabs him in the face. But then the guy's C.O. shoots the German girl and hooks up with the Siberian.

Sort of a convoluted plot, but I think it's going to go really well. I won Most Prolific and Best Lot at the last awards, so now my actors can eat and drink all they want without getting addicted, and my actors are always a perfect fit for whatever role I give them.

Still dead last in the studio rankings, though. Had some serious money issues while I was making my last self-made movie that brought stuff to a screeching halt. I planned things out better this time, hiring extra crew and stuff, so I don't anticipate that happening again.

This game is just so damn much fun.

Disturbed316
01-02-2006, 08:44 AM
That sounds like such a fucked up movie Loopy, but it's convinced me to get this game :y:

loopydate
01-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Only got two stars, and drove my studio $500,000 into debt, 'cause it tied up all my actors so they couldn't make anything else. Took me more than five years to make it.

Won't be doing that again. Small, romantic comedies for me from here on out. And the stuff my writers make up for me.

Drakul
01-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Heard it was coming out for the PS2, so I'm going to go check that out and see if its still going to be released or has already been released.If it has I bet its a half assed "Ps2 sims 2" style job.Nothing like the PC version and only 0.04% of the content from the game makes it to PS2.

checked and its scheduled for PS2 and GC
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=The+Movies&x=11&y=3

Boondock Saint
01-03-2006, 12:36 AM
I've heard about this. Sounds pretty cool. Prolly wait for the PS2 or XBox version though. Glad to hear it's good.