PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth world tour to possibly include Children of Bodom

asphyXy
12-10-2003, 04:24 PM
<font color=969696>Jon Schaffer, mainman of Iced Earth, said in an interview with the German magazine "Rock Hard" that Iced Earth would like to go on world-tour with COB as support act.

"...We think about taking Children Of Bodom with us - worldwide would be the best. But there are names of other bands like Symphony X, Soilwork and Manowar we talked about..."

-------
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: </font>

Sickboy
12-10-2003, 06:14 PM
That's good for COB, if they indeed get to go to a world tour with Iced Earth.

The Destroyer
12-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Bleh, I'll never get to see Iced Earth because of the morons at their label who can't see that there is a market for metal gigs outside of the London area. Every single other damn metal band are the same when it comes to touring over here, with the exception of Nile, Opeth, Arch Enemy and maybe a few others, and it's something that really pisses me off.

So it has zero bearing on me whoever supports them. :)

asphyXy
12-10-2003, 06:28 PM
<font color=969696>Don't complain about a lack of good metal concerts if you live in Europe. Especially toward an American.</font>

The Destroyer
12-10-2003, 06:36 PM
I'll complain if I like.

We get one gig, in one city. One show for a country of 60 million people? Shitty. You get entire tours featuring bands like Morbid Angel, Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, In Flames and Iced Earth, all bands who fall into the group of metal bands who fall into the "one off London show" trap I so hate. A tour implies they care. A cursory one off show implies that they don't give a fu</>ck.

Mainland Europe gets treated far better than we do, so yeah, they can't complain. But the UK isn't part of mainland Europe and does not get a fair deal when it comes to metal bands touring. It's odd that obscure US hardcore acts can come across here and tour for a full week, but metal bands with far more popularity can't. I'm not blaming the bands, oh no... there seems to be some feeling (probably by both promoters here and labels elsewhere) that metal is simply not viable in the UK. Suppose they'll have to ignore the tour of the nation's larger venues that Iron Maiden are on right now, managing to pack in huge crowds night after night, won't they?

Rant over. :)

asphyXy
12-10-2003, 06:51 PM
<font color=969696>Before 2000, 4 of the 5 bands mentioned having a tour of the US would've been something to laugh at. Dimmu Borgir's latest albums have been pretty bad, Hypocrisy's Catch 22 got them popular, In Flames got popular off of Reroute, and Iced Earth's fanbase has been growing constantly since they've started. I consider myself extremely lucky that Children of Bodom are friends with the guys of Hypocrisy, otherwise I would've had to wait even longer to see them.

My next goal [among many] is to see Vintersorg live. [/False hopes unless I go to Europe]</font>

The Destroyer
12-10-2003, 06:57 PM
The only vaguelly "shining light" I can see are that Nevermore are meant to be planning a proper UK tour, after deciding their one off London support slot with Arch Enemy wasn't enough. At least someone out there has sense.

CoB hadn't played over here until earlier this year either... and they did a measly 2 shows. :meh:

Maybe 2004 will bring in some decent touring...