PDA

View Full Version : Edge... *Raw spoilers*

McLegend
01-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Edge's segment last night was hilarious. I was loling throughout the whole thing. Right when he the guy in the figure 4 on the highway was a great highlight, and I could actually see Flair doing that in real life.

Discuss the greatness that was Edge in that segment

Impeccable
01-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I actually thought that his impression of Naitch was fantastic. He had the voice.

I just hope he doesn't win the IC title...it would seem like a step backward for Mr. Money in the Bank.

Y3J
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Ive been liking Edge recently, all of his segments have been brilliant.

Ive been disappointed with his matches in the last 12 months and his inactivity in the ring isn't good for his title shot as he has no momentum.

I think he'll win the IC title though.

The One
01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
If Edge wins the IC Title, that means within the next 3 months he would need to drop the IC belt and get into a program with a World Champ, OR carry the IC Title into the program with the World Champ which always is crappy...however if they have him lose to IC CHamp Flair, it would be hard to build him up as a real threat to the World Title in such a short time. Or as I see it happening WWE will forget that they put a year time limit on the Money in the Bank Shot. :shifty:

Kane Knight
01-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I thought it was hilarious, but mostly in an ironic sense. Edge seems only capable of performing well while being sarcastic. his mannerisms are suited for pretty much that alone. So while he was ranting, I was giggling like a schoolgirl.

Corkscrewed
01-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Well, if he goes back to the character he had as part of heel E&C, only with a little darker or more sinister overtone, that could work really well. Sarcastically entertaining Edge seems to be his best character, and overlaying it with this slightly cruel spin could make him 2006's comeback wrestler of the year.

Joey Slugs
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Rated R Superstar = pure promo gold

UmbrellaCorporation
01-03-2006, 05:19 PM
I :love: Edge.

Just John
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Holy shit, I forgot all about the MITB

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2006, 08:51 PM
I still haven't see RAW, but I think most people agree that comedic Edge is greatness.

I don't like him when he's being all serious, and although a comedic heel is always in danger of getting face pops, I think that would be good for Edge right now. Firstly, because Edge has so much heat going right now with the whole Matt Hardy/Lita thing that I almost can't see him playing a face and it making sense, which limits the programs he can have effectively. Secondly, because I think at this stage of his career, the WWE just needs their fans caring about Edge.

Let him maybe act a bit silly now and again, let him loosen up, cut funny promos. Almost like a Heel Rock. The fans will still boo him, at least for a while, because he has been such a dislikeable guy for the last two years.

Innovator
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
He was great at being serious before the whole Hardy thing came to be, so sarcastic Edge looks to be good for now.

BlackDawn2024
01-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Holy shit, I forgot all about the MITB

Vince: What the hell is the Money In The Bank briefcase?

You're not alone.

Loose Cannon
01-03-2006, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/w/Edge%2C-Christian%2C-Road-Dogg-and-K-Kwick-segment?v=8dSrPPxE88U&search=Edge%20and%20Christian

^ROFL.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2006, 03:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/w/Edge%2C-Christian%2C-Road-Dogg-and-K-Kwick-segment?v=8dSrPPxE88U&search=Edge%20and%20Christian

^ROFL.

I wish Edge would really channel that personality a bit more in his career. Maybe not the "geeky surfer" lingo, but definately have him loosen up a bit. Have him play mind games with his opponents by trying to turn the fans against them. It would actually be interesting to see a heel that turns other faces heels to defeat them. The only real heelish thing about him would be his arrogance and the fact he fights the good guys and occasionally align himself with the bad guys.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone see Lita turning on Edge at New Year's Revolution? Having Lita alongside Ric Flair is probably the only thing that can get her back over as a face, because let's face it, she isn't hot enough these days or talented enough on the mic to really make us care or see her point of view.

For some reason, I can see Flair doing something with Gregory Helms in the future, too. Helms and Flair have already had an exchange of words in the past, and now Helms is out of the Hurricane gimmick, a feud (or partnership) between the two would be a lot more realistic. I don't know if I'd rather see Flair w/Lita vs. Helms or Flair & Helms w/ Lita. Both have their plus sides. An interesting note is that all three are from North Carolina aren't they?

Impact!
01-04-2006, 04:18 AM
I thought Flair was from South Carolina :-\

Skippord
01-04-2006, 05:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/w/Edge-and-Christian-Play-Kazoos?v=I7OUjYLfPZs&search=Edge%20and%20Christian

^^^ LOL LOL LOL

Afterlife
01-04-2006, 05:28 AM
You guys are serious about the segment being funny? I mean, I find Edge's character entertaing. He's a great actor when he's got someone to work with. I'm not downing his in-ring. But the Ric Flair feud is dumb to begin with, and that segment was seriously difficult to watch. The first thing in my head when I saw his 'costume' was "Triple H fucking a dummy in a coffin". Not that it was "tasteless". Just that it was unnecessary to begin with and drawn out way too long.

But then again, I'm a screenwriter, so what do I know?

Skippord
01-04-2006, 05:44 AM
LONG LIVE THE STREAM

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2006, 06:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/w/Edge-and-Christian-Play-Kazoos?v=I7OUjYLfPZs&search=Edge%20and%20Christian

^^^ LOL LOL LOL

:love:

blake639raw
01-04-2006, 11:44 AM
You guys are serious about the segment being funny? I mean, I find Edge's character entertaing. He's a great actor when he's got someone to work with. I'm not downing his in-ring. But the Ric Flair feud is dumb to begin with, and that segment was seriously difficult to watch. The first thing in my head when I saw his 'costume' was "Triple H fucking a dummy in a coffin". Not that it was "tasteless". Just that it was unnecessary to begin with and drawn out way too long.

So because you didn't find it entertaining, they shouldn't have did it? Alot of people seemed to like it.

Stickman
01-04-2006, 12:05 PM
It was gold. Not as good as HBK impersination of Hulk Hogan, but it was great.

TerranRich
01-04-2006, 02:26 PM

^^^ LOL LOL LOL
Yes, folks, I was there live. :D

Zen v.W.o.
01-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Edge has always ruled. I dont know how at any time, anyone could ever dislike him.

Schoenauer
01-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Zen, see the whole Hardy angle.

McLegend
01-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Which Edge was money in, and had 1 really good Cage match, and a somewhat decent Ladder match.

TerranRich
01-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Off topic, but rummaging through the YouTube site, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/w/fun?v=vvbM_23FP9Y&search=WWE

DANCIN' DAVE!!

Zen v.W.o.
01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Zen, see the whole Hardy angle.

He probably needs like some sort of repellent to keep the chicks off of him.

JT
01-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Holy shit...you people found that entertaining? This is the segment that made me finally decide to turn the television off and go out for the night. ???

Kane Knight
01-04-2006, 10:40 PM

Youkidding me? That shit was funnier and better done than 99% of his work to date (Without Christian carrying him).

Kane Knight
01-04-2006, 10:41 PM
(Not saying much)

Shadow
01-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Wasn't gold but it was alot better than the Katie Vick promo. Was alright and Edge's impression was spot on.

What would've made it gold, imho anyways, is if he made mention of the fact that the guy was wearing an Edge shirt. Sorta tying into how Edge is saying that Flair is jealous of him or some shit like that.

Schoenauer
01-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Remember Shadow, this is the WWE, they fail at making promos seem gold... except maybe for Triple H, but it's live TV so I'll wing it.

Blitz
01-04-2006, 11:54 PM

^^^ LOL LOL LOL

Need to find the one where they play Kurt's music. :rofl:

John la Rock
01-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Edge is great. reminded me of the E and C days :y:

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Wasn't gold but it was alot better than the Katie Vick promo. Was alright and Edge's impression was spot on.

What would've made it gold, imho anyways, is if he made mention of the fact that the guy was wearing an Edge shirt. Sorta tying into how Edge is saying that Flair is jealous of him or some shit like that.

I actually have to disagree with you there. I liked how they didn't mention it. My nephew actually laughed at how the guy was wearing an Edge shirt. If they had pointed that out, it would have deminished its comedic value, IMO. It just made it seem natural to be an Edge fan, and didn't take it into the spotlight.

I guess the best thing I can compare it to was when Edge & Lita were talking to Snitsky in the lockerroom (the promo where Snitsky unveiled his foot fetish). I remember watching that and thinking "Haha, is he looking at Lita's feet? That's a nice little comedic touch." and then all of a sudden they brought attention to it and I was like "Oh...it was a part of the script.".

I just think the shirt was a nice little touch that put his product in there, and it made being an Edge fan seem to be adequate social behaviour.

Edge is awesome...:love:

Afterlife
01-05-2006, 07:34 AM
I'm not saying they shouldn't have done that segment specifically; I don't see why they're doing this feud at all, really. But that's not really the point.

I'm definitely saying it was not entertaining. I was actually embarassed for him. Again, I"m not knocking Edge. He's a good talent. But the idea that this was his 'best work' is downright baffling.

Kane Knight
01-05-2006, 08:49 AM

Wow. You've found a way to take what little material of a subtle fashion there was and totally piss it away. Good one. You should book for the WWE. that way, their bankrupcy will only take 3 years.

Shadow
01-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Wow. You've found a way to take what little material of a subtle fashion there was and totally piss it away. Good one. You should book for the WWE. that way, their bankrupcy will only take 3 years.

Only three years? Damn....I would've thought I'd bankrupt them in 3 days.

Kane Knight
01-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Only three years? Damn....I would've thought I'd bankrupt them in 3 days.

I took into account some retards would watch them if the WWE was nothing more than 3 hours of Vince shitting while reading Hamlet.

"OMG TNA IS TEH SUXX0RZ!"

ThruTheWire
01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
So... can anyone post the Edge segment from Monday? I've been looking but can't find it..