PDA

View Full Version : Here is another hilarious article from the Honky Tonk Man...

KingofOldSchool
01-04-2006, 05:59 PM
The way HTM reads the Krazy Loop commentary, Dragon Steamboat did not seem too happy about losing the IC Belt to HTM. Loop writes: "Steamboat was disappointed, in his words, to drop the title to an "Elvis Impersonator. Steamboat also stated that The HTM's work rate was perhaps a 6 out of 10."

If the Dragon did not want to drop the belt to an "Elvis Impersonator" I suppose he would have gladly dropped it to any number of other "Impersonators" who were in the WWF at the time. Maybe an impersonator like a Barbarian, a Warlord, an Animal Steele, a Junkyard Dog, a Macho Man, a Snake, a Genius, a Ugandan Giant, an Ultimate Warrior, a Cowboy Bass or Orton, a Russian, a Model, a Killer Bee, a Birdman, a Barber, a Bossman, a blow my pipe Pipernutz, a Mr. Wonderful, a Mr. Perfect, a Million Dollar Man or a Special Delivery Jones! Fans do you get what HTM is saying here? Wait I missed one. Steamboat, what about dropping it to a Hulk Impersonator?

Steamboat has a right to his opinion but I question his logic especially since his own work rate was only a 4 or 5. Steamboat is now an agent in the "no ticket selling WWe" trying to help young talent. Steamboat should tell Vince in the agent meeting the work rate needs to improve. Yes, tell Vince that he needs guys that have 8,9,10 work rate values to get the business off its ass, then watch what happens to you. Go ahead you great analyzer of talent. Tell Vince that shit and your ass will be 86ed faster than the pyro that explodes on RAW. Vince doesn't give a crap about work rate, he cares about selling tickets.

Steamboat, you did not sell as well as you think you did. If you were selling tickets and wanted some time off, Vince would have given it to you. Vince knew you could not draw with the IC belt so he told you to drop the belt and stay home as long as you wanted. I can't remember one time when the fans chanted your name as I had matches with subs due to your being off the cards in our re-matches.

You would never have drawn a dime with the IC belt as a good guy. That belt was primarily held by good heels that sold tickets, i.e. Patterson, Morocco, Valentine, Savage, HTM, Rude, and the list goes on. Not too many good guys held that belt very long. I was given a chance and I paid dividends to Vince in ticket sales. He wanted the belt in the towns and carried it to the towns around the world. For 15 months Jimmy Hart and I ran full speed and never asked for "time off." We must have had a damn good work ethic to do that since we did not wrinkle like a cheap suit after 8 little weeks like you.

F*ck the work rate and your ratings scale of 1-10. It is about work ethic and getting the job done, not some high school Harry bullshit of wanting to be home so you can snuggle up to your old lady because she is jealous you might be cracking some arena rat (girls that screw wrestlers) behind the building after the show.

If it had not been for Steamboat's booker/buddy/pal/friend George Scott, the Dragon would have been no more than a high spot mid carder. His interviews sucked and he "oversold" everything in the ring as if he was being tortured by Charlie Cong at the Hanoi Hilton. Scott took care of him and Saggy Boy Flair for many a year in the Carolinas. Scott moved to the WWF as the booker taking Steamboat and PiperNutz, another one of Scott's asshole buddies. Scott cleaned out the Carolina territory and brought the talent to the WWF to start the big run. Flair stayed behind to fill his ego of NWA Champion. He knew he could not be the WWF Champion and did not want to play second fiddle behind Hogan and a roster full of main event players. If Steamboat thinks he was superior to anyone he need look no further than his WCW days. Was the magic there? No. Why? There was no George Scott, just as there was no George Scott when Steamboat had to drop the IC belt to someone in WWF. I was witness while in WCW to Bischoff saying, "This guy sucks," while referring to a Steamboat interview at a taping in Orlando. I know, Dragon, you had a bad back. That is why you could not cut it in WCW and had to go home again to snuggle up.

HTM has given you credit as being a smart guy. HTM was wrong. The time has come for me to smarten you up. It all comes down to one simple thing Dragon. You do not get to pick who you want to drop a belt to unless you own the company or your buddy is the booker. Your mentality on the IC belt going to HTM only proves what happens when the inmates take over the asylum. We have the Bischoff WCW as a model for that. If they had not canned you there, you would have been the perfect fit in a WCW group of egotistical pricks who wanted nothing more than to promote themselves on their terms with no regards for anyone else.

I hope you have the balls to smarten up the WWE young guys as much as I have smartened you up. When you walk around backstage doing your road agent stooge job, instead of hanging your head in disgrace as everyone looks at you knowing you dropped the belt to an "Elvis Impersonator" look them in the eye and say, "I dropped the belt to The Greatest Intercontinental Champion Of All Time."

Till we meet again,
Adios

Breaking News:
Ricky Steamboat continues to publicly air his interest in working a match with Ric Flair at WrestleMania 22. Although the idea has not yet been formally discussed, Steamboat told Monday Night Mayhem that, assuming Flair was interested, he could probably talk Vince McMahon into the idea.
Source: PWTorch.com

P.S. Fans you have seen Denture Boy's matches that are all the same. How do you think the Dragaon would rate Saggy Boy's work rate for doing the same high spots over and over again? I hope Steamboat saved enough dough to buy some clairol for his gray hair! As HTM said above, I thought Dragon was a smart guy, but now we know he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.By crawling back to WWe, we know he did not save his dough either.

What? Do him and Warrior have a bet on who can type the craziest online articles?

Jordan
01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Flair and Steamboat at WM makes me horny...

Jaton
01-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I've never had a problem with HTM..but he just trashed my childhood hero. Fuck Hogan, fuck Warrior..The Dragon was always my hero. :(

Fuck HTM.

Dorkchop
01-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow.

kinglacoste
01-04-2006, 08:00 PM
honky rocks

BigChris
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
I got long side burns and my hair slicked back, I'm coming to your town in my pink cadilac....

JT
01-04-2006, 09:33 PM
:y: to HTM

weather vane
01-04-2006, 09:45 PM
HTM as a character was wicked.

HTM as a person is a fucking loser.

JTB31
01-05-2006, 03:20 AM
LOL@HTM telling Steamboat you can't dictate who you drop the IC belt to.

This coming from a guy who refused to drop the IC title to Macho Man.

Afterlife
01-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Might just be me, but right or wrong, HTM seems to be incredibly angry about every topic he tackles. And the topics seem to center around the career he used to have.

JH
01-05-2006, 09:03 AM
when somebody says ricky steamboat sucks then he's full of shit
steamboat is one of the greatest performers of all time
his matches with flair are classics and honky tonk man can say steamboat took time off all he wants but everybody knows a month after he lost to honky tonk man he went to nwa and became the world champion which is something honky tonk man will never see

Chavo Classic
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Honky Tonk should be kissing the feet of Ricky.