PDA

View Full Version : An idea for Benoit ******SPOILER MOTHAFU*KA***********

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Okay, so Benoit vs. HHH it looks like, because they're going to have one more Mchaels vs. HHH as the No Way Out replacement, (you know, the ppv calibur RAW main event at the end of the month) and I'm pretty sure HHH is going to win.

Obviously the way to put Benoit over (because I mean really, he is getting luke warm reactions, because over the last years he's been kicked around and now SUDDENLY he's a big shot, NOT GONNA WORK) is to have him sermount the insermountable. He's got to pick apart Evolution 1-by-1 within a month before HHH even acknowledges him.

So naturally each week on RAW he makes each of them tap clean to the crossface. You see Benoit understands what's going on, he knows he has to let his wrestling speak for himself. Then naturally you have him beat them in some form of handicap match or whatever, just to make him look like he's ready for wrestlemania. And pump him the fuc</>k up for christ's sake. I swear they barely mentioned ONCE on RAW that he went from 1 to the end to win, I mean they said it but it was an afterthought. They should have played it until we were sick of it. Do everything you can to get the guy going into the mania main event over.

Okay so after a month of this and HHH has beaten Michaels and whatnot, you completely get Michaels the hell out of the picture...fans want to see HHH and Michaels yes, but they've seen it about 3452436 times, so it won't do as a mania main event so isolate him. And DO NOT make Michaels a special guest referee because Michaels has too much damned charisma and it'll distract from the match.

Anyways, finally HHH's main focus is on Benoit. You have him do his usual "respect" promo (which is pretty damned boring, but eh, it'll work here) "Benoit uhhhhhhhhhhh...you uhhhhh..... are one of the best technicaluhhhhhh..... wrestlers uhhhhhh....... IN THE WORLD UHHHHHHH.....but in the end you don't have what it takes uhhhhhh....to get the job uhhhhhhhhhhh.....done uhhhhhhhh......like me uhhhhhhhh......"

And he goes on about how he can guarantee he's going to win. And don't even let these two touch until mania. Have both men beat weaker opponents, because frankly I don't want Benoit to get the Booker T treatment, beat everyone until the match with H and BAM, he's back to facing Christian for the IC title. IMO you have to question Benoit's ability to get the job done, he is now the underdog in every way you can think of mentally, he might have some momentum but HHH is that damned good. However you can't completely bury his chances or else the crowd won't buy him, just make the odds stacked against him. for 3 weeks leading to Mania, put him against 3 big guys. Henry, Batista (who he's beaten) and Steiner. Have him face Henry last actually, because if you're a good worker and oyu face Henry, the match is pretty hot, just because of the whole "World's strongest man" look Henry has. It helps for a good story, it could really get Benoit over. In the match against Henry Benoit's gotta take a nasty looking bump on his Neck, like miss a diving headbutt onto the outside or something. Then hurt it even worse when he gives Henry a German but still wins...although he needs help getting out of the ring after making Henry tap.

Of course there is the history of Benoit's neck, but there is also the history of him in the end not having what it takes. Benoit no matter what, has always JUST fallen short for whatever reason, and now this is it. His neck is buggered again, and HHH is going to say "if it wasn't the neck it'd have been something else Benoit, this belt doesn't want you! You can get as close as you need, even win the rumble! But you'll never touch the gold!"

This of course is at the end of RAW, and Benoit comes out slowly and may as well be crawling and tries to brawl with HHH but he's too hurt and HHH gets the upperhand and pedigrees him. However as HHH leaves the ring Benoit gets the mic and yells "Helmsely, you're going to have to do a lot more than that to keep me down on sunday you son of a bitch, take me seriously, or I will make you tap!" and there's a look of fear on HHH's face.

So the match comes and hopefully by now the crowd is into Benoit, he's beaten guy after guy, he's coming down with his brutally injured neck made worse by the pedigree and he's going to give it his all, he's got to be built like a warrior...whether he wins or loses is almost an afterthought, he's worked 18 years to get to this point and his bad neck is'nt going to stop him from fighting for his life.

HHH still says for the crowd not to take him seriously in the pre-match promo, but early on they are almost forced to. HHH has the early upper hand but on the outside he misses a clothesline and Benoit Germans him on the outside! A German isn't something you should bastardize of course, and if the fans see this occur early on the outside, it'll catch their attention and it will show Benoit means business. Benoit will pound on HHH like the wolverine he is for a few minutes until finally HHH can get the upperhand as all heels do, and he'll go after Benoit's neck. But clearly, he's bothered by that German, he knows Benoit is too explosive. Also it took a lot out of him, his offense is missing the crispness he usually has, and he's selling it big time, just by grimacing after each move he gives Benoit.

All in all, Benoit goes over. It'll seem like all hope is lost, HHH will have the pedigree it after a lowblow and it'll seem like he duped everyone again, but Benoit will kickout. Then out of nowhere will lock in the crossface and let's face it, the crowd LOVES the crossface, and once HHH taps there will be an orgasm going throughout Madison square garden.

I think it'd work, WWE doesn't, so they ain't gonna do it. But some of you punks would as "why have the charisma lacking Benoit go over?", well they seem to want him in the mania main event, and if they want the fans to give a damn about that spot anymore, put Benoit over or else people will be pissed off with HHH retaining, and I'm talking about the casual fans. They want to see title changes at mania.

However, we all know, it isn't going to happen. But whatever, that's my take on what they should do.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Innovator
01-28-2004, 10:08 AM
I like the sound of it, but knowing the WWE writing staff this would boggle their minds. I do agree with having Benoit face Evolution one by one, as it would give him something to do leading up to no way out. I think they need to stress to everyone how Benoit has never won the big one, but this is the most focused he's been in his entire career.

sensai86
01-28-2004, 11:08 AM
I like the sound of it, but knowing the WWE writing staff this would boggle their minds. I do agree with having Benoit face Evolution one by one, as it would give him something to do leading up to no way out. I think they need to stress to everyone how Benoit has never won the big one, but this is the most focused he's been in his entire career.

:y:

natureboycv
01-28-2004, 11:14 AM
<font color=8307ff><b>Awesome. :y:</font></b>

Sephiroth
01-28-2004, 11:20 AM
:drool: At Benoit winning the title at Mania...

At least that is what i pray before i go to sleep.

The Outlaw
01-28-2004, 12:06 PM
We can all dream...

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-28-2004, 12:07 PM
But more'n likely Vine will do what he can to bury him.

Team Sheep
01-28-2004, 12:10 PM
I personally think that HBK will beat HHH in their title match before the rumble, then HHH goes off to shoot his movie and HBK and Benoit have a match and it will be like: The only wrestlers to enter at #1 and win the rumble. That would be good planning IMO.

Fryza
01-28-2004, 12:12 PM
The only problem I see with him taking about Evolution, is that might get entangled with the angles that are running. The WWE seems intent on having Orton go over at anytime, and it would then cross in with Foley. If they did put Benoit to Orton, they'd probably have Orton go over..

Just how I see that the WWE writers would do it..

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-28-2004, 12:13 PM
I personally think that HBK will beat HHH in their title match before the rumble, then HHH goes off to shoot his movie and HBK and Benoit have a match and it will be like: The only wrestlers to enter at #1 and win the rumble. That would be good planning IMO.

I'd like it but it's not gonna happen.

I'll be more pissed off if they bury Benoit until mania and then he wins, because then the fans won't buy him. Also even worse is if they bury him after he wins (if he wins). Freakin stupid.

blake639raw
01-28-2004, 12:14 PM
HHH will be at WM in a big time match at least. Even if they did go with HBK/Benoit, HHH will still have a match.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Also, if it was Benoit vs. Michaels I think I would orgasm for 3 hours consecutively.

Brock_LegendKiller
01-28-2004, 02:25 PM
One Problem...NO WAY OUT IS A SMACKDOWN! PAY PER VIEW! HHH AND HBK ARE RAW SUPERSTARS!

The Outlaw
01-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Also, if it was Benoit vs. Michaels I think I would orgasm for 3 hours consecutively.

Ditto.