PDA

View Full Version : wwe tagteams?

Darwin Henderson
01-28-2004, 01:27 PM
where have they all gone?
raws tagteams totally suck yet we still end up having a crappy tag match nearly every week.
the dudley boyz are boring now and other tag teams generally just suck such as la resistance.
why does the wwe insist on splitting up entertaining and talented tagteams such as edge and christain or the hardy boyz.
its now clear that vitamin c will soon be feuding and eddie and chavo have split up.
what tag teams are left now?
why does wwe think we find watching former partners feud?
what wrestlers do you reckon would be a good tag team together?

The CyNick
01-28-2004, 01:59 PM
A new tag team debuts on SD this week, and if they were given a push it would be a shot in the arm to diviison, but that seems unlikely.

On RAW, you have some teams, but they dont really have them focus on the tag titles, they end up doing other things. The Duds are tired, but they are over, as are Rosey/Hurricane, La Res are getting better and they do a great job drawing heat, Jindrak and Cade are decent for rookies, Steiner/Test are crap but as a team they seem less offensive, and Lance/Val, well they never get TV time, so.

SD really only has 3 teams, WGTT, Bashmas, and Scotty/Rikishi. They need to take some guys who aren't doing anything and make tag teams out of them.

Loose Cannon
01-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah really, they need to go back and look at some videos from the 80's and see how to put together a tag division. They had proboably the greatest tag division of all-time back then. Right now you really have one great tag team and that being WGTT. I don't know why they haven't turned face and started a feud with The Bashams, who I am starting to like. Scotty/Rikishi are stale and should turn heel if they are going to stay together. They had a Fk'n awesome team in Kendrick/London and I don't know why they didn't push them. I watched them on Velocity one time and they reminded to so much of The Rockers.

Now Raw's tag division really sucks as the only team I see going places are Jindrack and Cade. I like La Resistance as I think Conway is a great worker and I actually like Dupree. I love that taunt he does. But the Dudleys are stale, Hurricane/Rosey just suck and bore the hell out of me, Batista and Flair don't look like a team at all, and Lance and Val don't get pushed.

Maybe they should just make one tag division on Smackdown with one set of tag belts instead of having two divisions. Or do like Cynick said and start putting together tag teams of guys that are doing nothing. JUST GET O'Haire back on my TV PLEASE.

Savio
01-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Rey and ultimo should be a tag team.

Krow
01-28-2004, 09:36 PM

And you should drink varnish.

No offense, but the CW division's being slopped enough as it is. The worst thing they could do is to take two of its top-tier stars and put them together as a team. But if the CW battle royal rumored to be at WM doesn't go anywhere, then they might as well scrap the title anyway.

I'll say what I said on the old forums about tag teams, which goes along the lines of what LC said about the 80s tag division. The WWE should use them to introduce the new guys and use it as a stepping stone to a singles career. Usually, it requires the sacrifice of one of the two, but them's the breaks. They did it with the Rockers, and it gave us Shawn Michaels. They did it with the original Hart Foundation, and it gave us Bret Hart. They did it with Edge and Christian, and that worked out exceptionally well for the both of them. At least, I think so. They've tried to do it with the Hardy Boyz twice, and gave us Mattitude, but fu</>cked it up.

So get the new guys like Jindrak and Cade, O'Haire and SOMEONE PLEASE GOD (Maven?), the Bashams, WGTT, etc., and revitalize the tag team divisions. Use the old teams like the Dudleyz to put the younger ones over and give them some credibility, and keep the tag teams a separate entity, none of this Flair and Batista bullshit. When a team has established itself, see who the better worker is, and split 'em up. If they both work, like E&C, then split 'em up with a feud or something and then have them go their separate ways. If one is good, but not really worthy of singles competition yet or ever, use him to bring up another younger guy and rinse and repeat.

The CyNick
01-28-2004, 09:54 PM
But there's nothing wrong with taking two guys that are doing nothing and make them a tag team. The New Age Outlaws are a greta example of this theory in action. They were worthless as singles guys, but as a team they became something special for a period of time, and helped the tag division.

The same thing should happen today. Val and Lance are a good example of a team, but sadly they dont really seem to be getting any kind of push. Like I said I think the big problem with the RAW tag division is that none of the teams really seem interested in the belts.

The opposite is true on SD, but over there they have hardly any established teams.

As for Rey and Ultimo, I think Rey is needed tin the CW division to carry those guys, and I think Ultimo is a lost cause in the WWE.

Corkscrewed
01-29-2004, 01:02 AM
A new tag team debuts on SD this week, and if they were given a push it would be a shot in the arm to diviison, but that seems unlikely.

On RAW, you have some teams, but they dont really have them focus on the tag titles, they end up doing other things. The Duds are tired, but they are over, as are Rosey/Hurricane, La Res are getting better and they do a great job drawing heat, Jindrak and Cade are decent for rookies, Steiner/Test are crap but as a team they seem less offensive, and Lance/Val, well they never get TV time, so.

SD really only has 3 teams, WGTT, Bashmas, and Scotty/Rikishi. They need to take some guys who aren't doing anything and make tag teams out of them.

SPOILER WARNING!!!! :rant: :rant:

Just kidding.

SD! also has APA and... um... damn. :(

Take us back to 1999, when the tag division was HOT!

Savio
01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
And you should drink varnish.
...And you should lick out an asshole. :foc:

Loose Cannon
01-29-2004, 12:39 PM
What both brands need is a strong heel tag team that can work the mic. Like the Outlaws before DX or Edge and Christian. I think when you have a team like that and you line up some strong babyface teams to go against them, the tag division works. There are NO heel teams right now that can really work the mic and get the crowd going. Now I think Cade and Jindrack could be that team on Raw, but they really really have to work on their mic skills. As for Smackdown, I don't really see a team like that. Just remember the great heel teams FROM THE 90'S like The Hollywood Blondes, Bulldog/Owen, Outsiders (eventhough the crowd cheered for them at times), Money Inc, Outlaws, E&C, Dudleys(ECW), Impact Players. Eventhough some of these teams didn't have great wrestlers, they had great mic workers who could get the crowd against them. The WWE really needs a team like this.

Savio
01-29-2004, 01:08 PM
I think the best heel team was Undertaker and Big show.

Razor Rybek
01-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Bring back Power And Glory, and The Killer Bee's :y:

Loose Cannon
01-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Bring back Power And Glory, and The Killer Bee's :y:

Power and Glory: AWESOME FINISHER, Horrible workers

Razor Rybek
01-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Power and Glory: AWESOME FINISHER, Horrible workers

i remember their finest hour in WWE, Getting squashed in about 5 seconds by the LOD. Herc was still a dude though, Roma was just a ponce :)

mikenegrin
01-29-2004, 04:56 PM

rey and edge were a great tag team......if edge comes back to SD then i think we'll see another them two

Corkscrewed
01-29-2004, 05:00 PM
...and The Killer Bee's :y:

Um... the Dudley's are already in the WWE. :shifty:

Razor Rybek
01-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Um... the Dudley's are already in the WWE. :shifty:

I'm talking Bee Brian Blair and Jumpin Jim Brunzell, you were probably sneakin a joke in their but if thats the case....WHOOOSH straight over my head it go's

Rock Bottom
01-30-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm talking Bee Brian Blair and Jumpin Jim Brunzell, you were probably sneakin a joke in their but if thats the case....WHOOOSH straight over my head it go's

He was referring to the Dudleyz' yellow and black "bee" camo.

Razor Rybek
01-30-2004, 08:37 AM
He was referring to the Dudleyz' yellow and black "bee" camo.

:lol:

Gotcha! I'm a bit slow on the up-take sometimes.

Splaya
01-30-2004, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Krow]And you should drink varnish.

I second that.