PDA

View Full Version : Vince unhappy with Styles, wants JR back

Vazz
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
As was reported last week, Vince McMahon isn't very happy with Joey Styles' recent color commentary on RAW. Last week on RAW, McMahon spoke with Styles and told him where he felt he was going wrong from a WWE perspective, and also told Styles what he expects from him now that he's the lead announcer of AW.

Sources say that Styles will quickly have to realize he is no longer calling ECW matches for Internet fans if he wants to stay as RAW announcer long-term.
link (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006/articles/1136911289.php)

Jim Ross was of course "fired" in a storyline ran by WWE a few months back, but now the company want to bring back Ross in some capacity.

It isn't known how Ross would be brought back, but the ball is apparently in his court whether or not he will choose to go back to WWE or not.

It's evident that canning Ross made WWE realize how much of an asset he was to the product and it will be interesting to see if he goes back, given how he was treated.
link (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006/articles/1136911893.php)

Personally I think Vince is an idiot. Styles was doing great, calling the actual matches instead of just ignoring the match and talking about something else that's happening later that night. I liked that, the first ppv Styles was at where it was just him and the King was great. But then they had to ruin it and throw Coach in there and now it's too crowded and he probably has trouble getting a word in. Take Coach off the announce team and let Styles do his thing. :mad:

Y3J
01-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Styles is excellent. At least he knows the names of the moves unlike the other guys.

According to them, every other move is a "take-down".

Stickman
01-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I must say, Styles is better than JR. I"m a JR fan too, but man, Styles is gold. Maybe the problem is the colour commentator(s)

Y3J
01-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I must say, Styles is better than JR. I"m a JR fan too, but man, Styles is gold. Maybe the problem is the colour commentator(s)

I hope by "colour commentator", you don't mean Coach ;)

alvarado52
01-10-2006, 01:18 PM
I must say, Styles is better than JR. I"m a JR fan too, but man, Styles is gold. Maybe the problem is the colour'd commentator
racist prick :wink:

Shaggy
01-10-2006, 01:18 PM
The only bad thing ive noticed with Styles is that he will give away something that is about to happen every once in a while. He did it at New Years Revolution and it seemed like Coach and King didnt know what to do about it and the it also happened on Raw last night.

Cool King
01-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Vince: Um, I'm not happy with the way you're doing the commentary.

Styles: OH MY GOD!

Vince: Um, yeah. Well remember, you're not in ECW anymore, this is WWE, so try to be a bit more like Lawler.

Vince: Oh and if you don't do any good after this, then I'll have no choice but to bring back J.R and maybe put you on HeAT.

Vince: Well, remember what I said.

*Vince walks away*

Tomko: Hey what's up?:)

---------------------
I think Coach is doing a great job. His commentary is really good.:y:

Just John
01-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I want JR back, I never aspired to be like him, but he's been a kinda childhood figure to me in the sense that, when I watched wrestling I expected JR's voice.

Rob
01-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Vince McMahon is a dude who thinks The Coach adds something positive to the show. What does that tell you about his taste really?

The CyNick
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm not overly impressed with Styles on RAW. I dont want JR back and I dont think Coach should ever be the lead commentator, so I'm not sure what they should do.

Styles might be better on SD where they can sit him in a studio and edit him however they want.

I think now with JR gone, Tazz and Cole should be the lead guys,a nd they should be moved over to RAW. Maybe if they do another draft this year.

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Vince McMahon is a dude who thinks The Coach adds something positive to the show. What does that tell you about his taste really?

That we're probably gonna end up stuck with shit.

Blue Demon
01-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm curious as to what the main issues are....I think Styles is a nice touch to the team...quite franjly Coach should go...King and Styles would be good. I find Styles makes King do a better job

Corkscrewed
01-10-2006, 02:31 PM
What do you mean "end up?" That implies future tense. Wrong tense.

Fox
01-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Frankly, I think Joey Styles is doing an awesome job as the new voice of RAW. Jr was simply getting too old: he doesn't call the matches right, he makes the stupidest comments that may have been clever back in the day, and he just doesn't seem to "have it" anymore. The only good thing about him is his voice, he has been THE VOICE of RAW for the past decade and when I turn on wrestling on Monday night's I still expect to hear him.

The problem is Coachman and Lawler. They're not entertaining, they're not insightful, they don't have good chemistry with Styles. Hell, they should just bring in Don Cyrus and have the old ECW team back together. They sure did a nice job on commentary back then.

Or maybe Tazz & Styles or Heyman & Styles. He needs someone who compliments his style of commentary, and Coachman and JR are simply too goody-goody Corporate-America to do that.

wwe2222
01-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Styles is the only commentator i like at the moment...

I would be very happy if they took coach out, i dont think he adds anything useful.

King was better when it was just him and Styles...but he doesnt really add much anymore.

Cole and Tazz I cant stand, esp. after the survivor series debacle where all they did was try and trash the raw announcers.

They need to keep styles on

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Joey Styles is doing fine, if you ask me. So he doesn't use hyperbole every match, a lot of people find Ross annoying. Styles hasn't annoyed anyone too greatly yet (hate to make generalisations, but the majority seems to tolerate him at least).

I don't want to say anything bad about Jerry Lawler and Jonathan Coachman either, because both have their talents. I think Coachman may be better suited to a seperate on-air role, as the voice of some guys. I want to say manager, but he wouldn't really be a business-style guy as much as he is a guy to fiddle with the ring, cause distractions. Sort of like a male valet.

Keep Styles and King together, and if King doesn't improve (because I often find his comments forced and off point, he just doesn't seem motivated anymore), scrap Lawler and bring someone in as colour commentator. For some reason, I really think Val Venis would make a great colour man. Or there's Matt Striker while he's recovering from his injury, or even Christopher Nowinski if he can travel reguarly. Wasn't Dean Malenko trying out for commentator a while back (like a long while back)? For some reason I can see him and Styles blending well together.

Or you could move Josh Mathews to RAW. That guy is brilliant when he needs to be, and I think he would do a fine job if paired with a good back-up guy (Styles).

Savio
01-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Heyman > Styles

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Heyman > Jesus.

Y3J
01-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Heyman > Jesus.

Jesus could heel the sick.

I'd like to see Heyman try that with the SD! roster

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Let me fix this for you...

Jesus could bring a man back from the dead.

Heyman could do the same to the Smackdown! Roster

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Though I have to admit---Heel Jesus rocks.

starfox8500
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Heyman > Jesus.

*Hearing this sends his army of Nazi Smiles to smite Heyman*

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Russenmafia
01-10-2006, 05:16 PM
WWE should stick with Styles. They went to all of the bother of making him lead announcer on RAW. They should just sit back and let him get on with his job.

redoneja
01-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Clone Gorilla Monsoon and team him up with Bobby Heenan

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 05:21 PM
WWE should stick with Styles. They went to all of the bother of making him lead announcer on RAW. They should just sit back and let him get on with his job.

Yeah, but will they?

Russenmafia
01-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Think they will give him the time to settle into the role. They just signed him to a 5 year contract, but you know Vince...

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 05:30 PM
With Vince, they [robably promised him the moon, to get him to sign, so he could keep him from going to TNA...;)

Russenmafia
01-10-2006, 05:40 PM
With Vince, they [robably promised him the moon, to get him to sign, so he could keep him from going to TNA...;)

Well if a miracle happens and Austin vs Hogan happens at WM22, J.R will have to come back to RAW. You can't have Stone Cold on TV without the infamous Austin orgasm from J.R.

Destor
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I think the problem is the three man announce team, they need to get rid of one of them. I don't care which one.

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Well if a miracle happens and Austin vs Hogan happens at WM22, J.R will have to come back to RAW. You can't have Stone Cold on TV without the infamous Austin orgasm from J.R.

They're just gonna dub him over Styles.

Russenmafia
01-10-2006, 05:58 PM
They're just gonna dub him over Styles.

thats a good cheap option.

Kane Knight
01-10-2006, 06:03 PM
And they don't even need to pay JR.

Xero
01-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Yeah, he comes into the studio everyday and starts recording play by play anyway.