PDA

View Full Version : What sport did/do you play in school?

D Mac
01-11-2006, 02:58 PM
And what position(s) did you play? And was your team(s) any good?

I played 1 year of BBall as small forward and we were ok.
2 years of football as strong safety. But we sucked. Mostly cause of the offense tho. :D

The Gooch
01-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Played hockey, but not for the school team.

Played football and was the corner back/punter/field goal kicker/back-up QB (yeah we didn't have much participation)

Guard on the basketball team

Played volleyball as well.

The Miz
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
In High School

Basketball - point guard (JV 9th varsity 10th-12th)
Baseball - center field/pitcher (JV 9th-10th varsity 11th-12th)

OssMan
01-11-2006, 05:47 PM
wallball

MVP
01-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Soccer - Played every position except goalkeeper; we were the worst team in the division. 1-12 my senior year.

Indoor Track/Outdoor Track - Hurdles, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Relays; Indoor team took 2nd place in the division my junior year, 3rd place my frosh and sophomore years

The Outlaw
01-11-2006, 08:10 PM
High School:

Baseball - Third Base/Outfield (Junior Varsity and Varsity my 9th grade year, Varsity 10th - 12th) - We were good.
Basketball - Shooting Guard untill they wanted me to focus on Football/Baseball. We were alright, I was the sixth man and led us in scoring. Why I was a sixth man I'm still not sure. Why they wanted me to stop playing when I scored a lot I don't know that as well. I liked Baseball and Football better anyway so it was aight.
Football - Offensive Guard, Defensive End (Varsity 10th - 12th) - We were pretty good.

Gonzo
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Full Contact Hopscotch.

KillerWolf
01-11-2006, 08:22 PM
wrestling.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Rugby, we have had our ups and downs. no championships though and I play lock

YOUR Hero
01-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Track and Field
BroomBall
SoftBall
3 Pitch
BasketBall

During School I also played Hockey and Baseball, but not in school leagues.

Cool King
01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
I got picked for my school football (Soccer) team.

I just needed to go to one meeting with the rest of the team and a couple of teachers to make it official.

But I missed it.:'( So someone else got my place.

I felt like crap for about a month.

I was picked to be a Midfielder BTW. So that's my position.

RP
01-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Football.

Fb/ 2nd string Rb. Played behind an Indiana Mr. football.

Played some defensive line against Rex Grossman. I roughed him up once. It was awesome.

samichna
01-12-2006, 05:03 AM
Rugby, our team was terrible, but I was the captain, and won an MVP, so :cool: anyway. (I played flanker)

Hockey, our school won a City Championship for the first time in 80 years. (d-man)

Zen v.W.o.
01-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Hockey-Right wing.

Also played in a league, which I preferred. The school team sucked, or maybe it was the coach.

Kapoutman
01-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I played hockey for the college team and for a city league. It was way cooler in the league. I'm a center and a d-man.

Gertner
01-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Played center for my entire high school career in basketball

did shot put and discus in track

played defensive tackle in football

played doubles and mixed doubles in badminton

I also played travel hockey

yianni
01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Football (soccer), I play as sweeper but am happy playing anywhere in the defence (except keeper). I also used to go forward to take free kicks and corners when we won them

Cool King
01-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Football (soccer), I play as sweeper but am happy playing anywhere in the defence (except keeper). I also used to go forward to take free kicks and corners when we won them

Yeah, being the keeper sucks.

I was always forced to be the keeper in my P.E class, but it wasn't that bad because the rest of the team was so good that I hardly did anything.:cool:

Bad Company
01-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Rugby - Pretty much any position.
Cricket - Mainly a bowler, batting was average.
And a few more, softball, hockey, basketball etc, nothing serious.

Rain Man
01-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Lacrosse- I play right now I'm a sophmore. I started last year as a freshman on defense my team went 14-6 and tied for our league title. We are preseason ranked #4 in the state this season.

Cuzziebro
01-20-2006, 01:33 AM
In highschool, i have played rugby union, rugby league, touch, tennis, soccer, and volleyball. I played wing for touch and league, fullback for union, and everywhere for soccer. We never won a final but we got there every time.

toxic rooster
01-20-2006, 01:50 AM
I played a bit of everything, too.

First base/right field in baseball
Prop in rugby league
Random team member #5 in indoor volleyball
Everywhere in soccer
Medium pacer in cricket (I only played one game)

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Played 4 years of HS football, we got a pretty good program here, so it was a good run. I played a little bit of tight end, defensive end, defensive tackle, offensive gaurd and offensive tackle in my 4 years. Senior year I started every game at LT, but I played guard a lot in games because of a line shift we did when injuries took place. We were projected to win our league senior year and we didn't though :(

I played basketball freshman year and was on the freshman team. We were like .500. I didn't end up playing after that so I could focus on the weight room. I kind of regret that decision though.

Team Sheep
01-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I captain the rugby team as a flanker. Was a prop like 3 years ago but then I slimmed down and beefed up and made the switch to the open side. We're okay, but I much prefer club rugby, such a better quality. Playing with the school can be so frustrating. I also play a bit of soccer now and again but I'm just there to make the numbers up really, don't care much for it, nor do any of the other players really. We're pretty much just rugby through and through down here. I wish I could play some (American) football though. :(

Savio
01-22-2006, 03:04 PM
X-C
Soccer
Bowling

G-wrath
01-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Basketball (Center JV freshman year, swing player now [sophmore])
Lacrosse (Point/Cover point Varsity freshman year, undefeated, won the SENE '05 tournement)