PDA

View Full Version : Who will wrestle for the World Heavyweight Title at Wresltemania? (sd spoilers)

Jordan
01-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Kurt Angle v.s Orton ??? I guess that this could draw pretty well, but I really don't want it to headline Wrestlemania.

JBL??? This could be pretty good, Angle could go face and have a pretty bad ass feud with him. What do you think?

Y3J
01-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Angle vs Rey

Thriller
01-11-2006, 09:39 PM
For some reason i see HHH winning the rumble and jumping to Smackdown to face Angle.I mean since Steph is pregnant they could really turn that into a storyline due to the past

Rammsteinmad
01-12-2006, 07:28 AM
I'd love to see Angle VS Rey Mysterio or Angle and Benoit.

CharismaInjection
01-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Angle & Rey have been known to put on some kick ass matches.

Dave Youell
01-12-2006, 07:59 AM
I thought Rey should of gotten a mini run with the title by winning the rumble.

But Rey/Angle at Mania would be kick ass

Londoner
01-12-2006, 08:41 AM
For some reason i see HHH winning the rumble and jumping to Smackdown to face Angle.I mean since Steph is pregnant they could really turn that into a storyline due to the past

Oh yes, HHH really wants to jump to a show that he's been calling the 'minor leagues' ever sicne the brand split started.:roll:

And Angle's on Raw by the way.

Londoner
01-12-2006, 08:43 AM
How cool would it be if Rey won the Rumble?I think he's in a good position to win it at the moment.

Londoner
01-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Shit, just read the SD spoilers, Angle new WHC?That was shocking...

Skippord
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Angle Vs THE BOOGEYMAN

Stickman
01-12-2006, 11:39 AM
hhh vs himself

Xero
01-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Triple H vs. his broken condom.

The ultimate grudge match.

wwefan4life
01-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Batista gonna kick angle's ass at wm 22
or even lashley
or even the over rated wrestler named john cena

wwefan4life
01-12-2006, 02:47 PM
cena u r a sucka get lost no 1 want's u more

The One
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Dear god, please, please, please allow Kurt Angle to face Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title in the Main Event of WrestleMania...PLEASE!

Personally, I see Rey-Rey taking Angle at Mania.

Xero
01-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Random thought...

I didn't find Eddie and Angle's Mania XX match to be worthy of a main event. It was a great match, don't get me wrong, but I don't know, it didn't feel like a "WrestleMania Main Event". I guess they should have gone a bit more out.

DS
01-12-2006, 04:51 PM
The previews for RAW are showing Michaels vs Angle so unless Angle is going to work both shows, and have two feuds, it will probably be Angle vs Michaels. Unless they do a triple threat match, Angle vs Michaels vs SD Superstar.

Which could be pretty good deal if it was Beniot.

Mr. Nerfect
01-12-2006, 05:14 PM
I personally think we'll have a better idea over the next few weeks. It all depends on RAW & SmackDown! this week.

Kurt Angle vs. Royal Rumble Winner Shawn Michaels is the first possibility I thought of when I heard Angle was Champion. On RAW, Shawn Michaels is out for the interpromotional main event for the World Heavyweight Championship, Angle appears on the titantron, says he doesn't want to appear on the "B-Show" RAW anymore, and sends Shelton Benjamin to face Michaels in the main event or something.

HBK, who is upset he couldn't find out who the better man was, enters the Royal Rumble, wins it, and then goes to SmackDown! leading into Mania 22. The outcome of the match would probably be Angle retaining with a screwjob from Vince McMahon while Angle has Michaels in the Ankle Lock.

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio are almost guaranteed to be good matches, as well. I have a feeling one or the other will take place at the Royal Rumble, though, which means it isn't likely going to be repeated at WrestleMania. Personally, I'd rather see Chris Benoit face Angle in the main event, since Benoit has been there before, and it is only a matter of time until Mysterio gets there on his own merits, not because SmackDown! is running out of options.

What if they do Kurt Angle vs. Chavo Guerrero? I don't know why, but I can see them going this route. Guerrero lies, cheats and steals the Rumble, goes to SmackDown!, Angle laughs at Chavo, Guerrero says he wants to follow in Eddie's feet, and defeat Kurt Angle in SmackDown!'s main event, dedicating his potential win to Eddie Guerrero, as he came so close be being World Heavyweight Champion, but never got the chance.

Chavo's not currently at main event level, but if he beat, let's say Triple H, next week, and then had a solid showing in the Rumble (winning would be consider solid), he would look good as anyone. He's got the fans behind him, too.

RAW can then hold their own 20-Man Royal Rumble on RAW, with Triple H or someone winning and challenging for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.

Another idea I had, is that SmackDown! could run "the first-ever SmackDown! Elimination Chamber" at WrestleMania. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio vs. JBL vs. Booker T vs. Randy Orton? You can adjust it somewhat, but the first three guys I would lock in.

I can go on and on about possible challengers to Kurt at WrestleMania, one even being Rob Van Dam, but I think Triple H, Randy Orton or John Cena are the smart bets for Rumble Winner.

Fox
01-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Angle will probably go to RAW to reform the Undisputed Championship while Smackdown is shut down and turned into a clip show, sending all the good talent to RAW and firing all the useless jobbers.

D Mac
01-13-2006, 04:05 AM
cena u r a sucka get lost no 1 want's u more

no 1 want's cena a cuz his old azz is out u dah place

Eunos
01-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Im happy with Angle vs Rey Rey at Wrestlemania..

The CyNick
01-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I would like to see Rey win the gold at some pint, but I think Mania is a little too early. I think he needs to win the US title, and hold that for a while and fued with guys like Booker, JBL, Kennedy and Benoit, before jumping up to World Title status.

My thinking is that they wont go against the original plan of Orton as champ at Mania. They kept Orton out of the World Title Battle Royal, so he has a reasonable claim to request a shot.

I think they are just basically using Anlge to literally sub for Batista. Judging from SD on Thursday, it seemed like Henry is still getting a World Title match at the Rumble, only now it will be with Kurt.

I wouldn't even be shocked at NWO to see Angle-Taker, who was supposed to get the NWO title shot originally vs Batista. They also have Benoit-Angle which can used on TV, a PPV or even SNME (if SD will be involved in that) to ahve a great match. By Mania, the World title should seem very strong (in theory) and Orton will likely get a clean win, and make himself look very credible in the process.

Schoenauer
01-13-2006, 11:07 AM
The only reason Angle's champion is because Hunter won't work Tuesdays.

Corndad
01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Another idea I had, is that SmackDown! could run "the first-ever SmackDown! Elimination Chamber" at WrestleMania. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio vs. JBL vs. Booker T vs. Randy Orton? You can adjust it somewhat, but the first three guys I would lock in.

I would say maybe... but then again they just had one and don't wanna ruin the "Special Feel" by having one again so soon.

We are all assuming Angle will still have it... I say they are using this as a "We need a few weeks to figure this thing out... so find an established star to put it on till we do."

Who knows what will happen.

I would like to see a reunification triple threat match Champ vs Champ vs Rumble winner

Mr. JL
01-15-2006, 01:34 AM
How about Rob Van Dam wins the Royal Rumble and chooses to face Kurt Angle for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Kurt Angle V. Rob Van Dam in the Main Event with 30+Minutes=GOLD

Fox
01-15-2006, 01:41 AM
That's just about the best fucking idea I ever heard.

Kane Knight
01-15-2006, 01:54 AM
The previews for RAW are showing Michaels vs Angle so unless Angle is going to work both shows, and have two feuds, it will probably be Angle vs Michaels. Unless they do a triple threat match, Angle vs Michaels vs SD Superstar.

Which could be pretty good deal if it was Beniot.

I think Angle IS gonna work two shows.

Favre4Ever
01-15-2006, 02:12 AM
I definitly wouldnt mind seeing Angle vs. HBK for the title at Wrestlemania.

I also think its plausible to see Triple H as a face at WM against Edge......but if Cena gets the belt back at WM, im sure it'll be Triple H and Cena.

Off subject of the title belts, i'm kinda sensing that Big Show and Kane are gonna have a falling out and settle it at WM22.

Favre4Ever
01-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Shit, I didnt even think about RVD........i'd be very happy if RVD got a title shot at WM. Edge, Triple H, Cena......opponent doesnt really matter to me.

Jordan
01-15-2006, 04:41 AM
RVD and Angle would be amazing....

What Would Kevin Do?
01-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Here ya go.

HHH vs Cena
Angle Vs HBK/RVD Vs Mysterio in a double jeopardy match. ( ECW idea where two singles matches go on at the same time, and the two winners fight off against each other)

Benoit Vs Regal
MNM Vs WGTT
Chavo Vs Carlito
Kane Vs Big Show
Booker T Vs The Undertaker
Edge, Randy Orton, and Chris Masters Vs Lashley, The Boogeyman, and Ric Flair.

Maybe Trish vs Victoria vs Melina

That's my ideal WM card... A bit long. Booking, I could justify all those matches.