PDA

View Full Version : Cena will regain the title from Edge

Stickman
01-17-2006, 01:46 PM
I think it's very obvious at the Rumble Cena is going to win. Why else would Edge be carrying around that queer looking belt?

McLegend
01-17-2006, 01:47 PM
To rub it in Cena's face that he beat him.

I use to think that Cena was getting the belt back, but I don't know now.

Nark Order
01-17-2006, 02:01 PM
It may be WWE's way of throwing us "smart marks" off as well...

The Naitch
01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Cena will regain it

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 02:19 PM
The night after everyone popped Edge for winning, they were chanting for Cena.

Edge is going to be champ for 3 years, because they will be convinced that he's playing the "heel" role well, if he can even carry Cena to that reaction.

crock69
01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
2 Royal Rumbles in a row; the Raw guy has main evented. It is quite possible for a Smackdown star to win the rumble. That being said, if it does happen that way, then Cena will not necessarily win the title back.

Corkscrewed
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Cena will win it back to lose to HHH.

wwefan4life
01-17-2006, 03:46 PM
cena winning the title would b a sucide for him as far as the fanz r concered

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Do you have any idea what you're saying?

*clicks translate*

DO U HAEV ANY IEDA WUT UR SAYNG???!?!

94 SVT Cobra
01-17-2006, 04:15 PM

Its REAL simple, type in legiable,pointful sentances. There was a point in there SOMEWERE im sure but try a little harder to bring it out, with some respect to the english punctuation system. Real simple...

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 04:18 PM
LOL. The irony

Xero
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Its REAL simple, type in legiable,pointful sentances. There was a point in there SOMEWERE im sure but try a little harder to bring it out, with some respect to the english punctuation system. Real simple...

It's REAL simple. Type legible, meaningful sentences. There was a point in there SOMEWHERE I'm sure, but try a little harder to bring it out with some respect for the English punctuation system. It's really simple.

Sting Fan
01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Ok so this kinda strays onto the Rumble a bit but doesna anyone else see Benoit winning his second Rumble?

I am so leaning toward a Benoit win (he is reliable in ring and has given WWE one of there greatest WM moments.) or perhaps even a Mysterio win right out of the Benoit mould winning the Rumble and then taking the belt off of Kurt at WM, even for a few months as champion it would be right up on par with Benoit winning.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Around Survivor Series time, I was of the mind Benoit could take it, as no one else has shown signs of being a better choice. Right now, I think it is less-likely, but I think it could still happen.

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit is a good enough match to headline Mania. You have two experienced guys in there, two guys familiar to the position and two who the fans like and respect. Benoit would be easy to re-build as a top tier guy, simply because winning the Rumble for a second time would put him in league with Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rumble would truly become "Benoit's event". You could release a DVD just with his Ladder Match against Jericho in 2001, his match with Angle in 2003 and his 2004 and 2006 performances in the Rumble.

I say go through with it, and have some kind of clusterfuck as RAW's main event. Edge vs. John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels or something.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Anyway, back to the topic. It does seem obvious that Cena will regain the title, but I retain some hope that he will not. I can see some kind of screwjob, or some kind of surprise taking place. If they want Cena going into WrestleMania 22 as WWE Champion (I have no clue why, he's the babyface and it's not like he's been Champion for a whole year) they still have Saturday Night Main Event to change the title.

I can see John Cena winning via disqualification for some reason.

Skippord
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
NoDQ.com > WWE > Bob Orton Sr. Update, RAW News, & More
Posted by Andy Steven on 01/17/2006 at 10:15 AM

Michael Carpenter sent this: Upcoming WWE DVDs releases: 2/7 - New Years Revolution, ECW Greatest Matches, and Collection's Edition Box Set 2005, 2/28 - Royal Rumble, 3/21 - No Way Out, 4/4 - Divas Do New York The Lingerie Edition and Hulk Hogan Temporary.

Tom sent this: I was listening to the radio, and they were promoting RAW for 2/4 (Macon, GA) and the promoted main event is Edge defending the title against John Cena which means he keeps the title through the Royal Rumble. Other matches included Ric Flair vs Shelton Benjamin for IC title, and Lita and Victoria vs Trish and Mickie James, along with others.

WWE has penciled in a Saturday Night Main Event TV taping at the Cobo Hall in Detroit, MI on 3/18, according to Georgiann Makropoulos.

Bob Orton Sr. has missed TV time due to Hepatitis.

Skippord
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Take it for what you will

Bo
01-17-2006, 09:49 PM
I keep thinking that Michaels is gonna win the rumble so that he will go to Smack Down to challenge Angle.

Fox
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
I really don't think that they would strip Cena of the title right before WrestleMania, only to give it right back to him after one month.

Look for a Smackdown superstar to win the Rumble, setting up a Smackdown main event for WrestleMania 22.

After that, one of two things will happen:

1) Cena will regain the belt at No Way Out (or an episode of RAW), and Triple H will win the number one contendership setting up their match for Mania.

2) Triple H wins the belt off Edge (a triple threat match or something), and John Cena wins the number one contendership right before WrestleMania, also setting up their match.

It will be HHH vs. Cena for the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Take it for what you will

What you will...

They ALWAYS advertise wityh the current champ.

owenbrown
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
WHY does damn near everyone see Triple H winning the belt at or before WM22?! :wtf: Does anyone REALLY wanna relive the disaster of the last 3 years of him being the "STAR" of RAW?! :nono:

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Seeing it happen and wanting it to happen are different stories. Seeing it happen means we're realists.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Seeing it happen and wanting it to happen are different stories. Seeing it happen means we're realists.

Exactly.

And when I see it happening beyond the point where my outlandish ideas don't seem applicable, that's when you know there is very little chance of hope.

owenbrown
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
If they put another World title on HHH again.... it means the WWE has once again taken 2 steps forward and then about 10 steps back again. :nono: They really don't have a vision on the future of their company. :shifty:

FourFifty
01-17-2006, 11:35 PM

<blink>S</blink>er9 ewrrerd<blink>p</blink>wewe ewerw <blink>e</blink> 583erenrf<blink>a</blink>4rfdte<blink>k</blink>yousuck<blink>E</blink>hvnd r<blink>n</blink> u4rndrfn<blink>g</blink>!!!! <blink>l</blink>yht<blink>i</blink><blink>s</blink>eryht <blink>h</blink><blink>,</blink>rerere fdgkjk, <blink> </blink><blink>n</blink>345dfdopfv<blink>o</blink>e5etf4rt5<blink>t</blink> 4rdgnuk<blink></blink><blink>1</blink>trt545 <blink>3</blink>57645 <blink>3</blink>ererfp[ <blink>7</blink> drerer<blink>!</blink>!!!

Wait, is that still funny?

FourFifty
01-18-2006, 12:34 AM
For everyone that doesn't know,wwefan4life didn't seem to give a damn about how his text looked in the Q&A forum. A few other people did the idea of just typing total rubbish.
And the blink doesn't work on all screens.

In closing, <blink>Speak English, not 1337!</blink>!!!

NeoGeo
01-18-2006, 02:44 AM
maybe Cena won't win it back. maybe the only reason they're keeping the spinner belt is so that they can still advertise it and sell replicas of it in the merchandise without any serious dips in sales.

Hired Hitman
01-18-2006, 02:57 AM
$10 - Shawn Michaels wins the Rumble.

FourFifty
01-18-2006, 03:05 AM
This is how I see it...

If Cena loses then it'll just prove that Edge is the better man, which can't happen because of how Edge won the title.
If Edge loses it'll prove that he's not a credible champion.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Hired Hitman
01-18-2006, 03:47 AM
If Cena wins Via DQ, They each lose a little... it's perfect! [/writers]

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 09:05 AM
This is how I see it...

If Cena loses then it'll just prove that Edge is the better man, which can't happen because of how Edge won the title.
If Edge loses it'll prove that he's not a credible champion.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edge looking like a non-credible champ is damning?

Fox
01-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I mean, what's not credible about him now?

He's only had sex on live TV and nearly killed a 60-year-old man by jumping onto him from a 20-foot-high ladder. I know that's what I look for in a champion.

I must say, Edge looks good with the belt, but we all know this reign was doomed from night one.

Schoenauer
01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
$10 - Shawn Michaels wins the Rumble.
Count me in.

Gone Mad
01-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I'll be there at the Rumble and if Cena wins, I will throw my shoe at him. As for the Rumble itself, Benoit will win for SD. He deserves it, plus Angle v. Benoit = money.

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I mean, what's not credible about him now?

He's only had sex on live TV and nearly killed a 60-year-old man by jumping onto him from a 20-foot-high ladder. I know that's what I look for in a champion.

You had me at blood and semen.

Destor
01-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I think it's very obvious at the Rumble Cena is going to win. Why else would Edge be carrying around that queer looking belt?
Edge is using the spinner belt to say 'I've got YOUR belt Cena' not the belt but his belt. Its a personal fuck you. When/if Edge beats Cena he'll stop using that belt.

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Edge is using the spinner belt to say 'I've got YOUR belt Cena' not the belt but his belt. Its a personal fuck you. When/if Edge beats Cena he'll stop using that belt.

It's more a fuck you to the fans.

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:26 PM
I guess it works both ways.

Evolution
01-18-2006, 07:41 PM
So, if/when Edge stops using the spinner belt, will they go back to the old one (the one Eddie and JBL had) or create a new one? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Attitude belt again (obviously with a WWE logo instead of WWF).

Destor
01-18-2006, 07:44 PM
I hope they go back to the last version, but there really is no way of knowing.

The CyNick
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Gotta think they will put the title back on Cena.

I cant see who they could put with Edge that would be big enough to draw at Mania as one of the top matches. Thats the thing with RAW, they dont really have any other babyfaces who can be put in that spot. HBK doesn't count because he's not a full time worker.

Originally I thought they would do Edge-Flair at Mania, but I dont see where you can go with that after a TLC match. Maybe they put Edge's Mania streak against Taker's. Edge would be a logical choice to beat Taker. Which is why Taker will be 14-0.

Cena-HHH isn't something that I really want to see that badly, but who else can you put with Cena? Masters? Carlito? HHH is only guy with enough name value to hold down that spot. Unless they were to bring in someone from the outside (ie Hogan).