PDA

View Full Version : Impact was pretty good this week.

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 09:07 PM
I think they're getting a more WWE feel to the show than the WWE has. Sicne currently, TNA=wrestling, and WWE=Camp I suppose that's not saying much. Still, the Sting egomasturbation shit aside, I thought it was a solid show.

McLegend
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Last weeks was better, but this was still a good show

PullMyFinger
01-17-2006, 09:23 PM
I agree. Impact is getting better.

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I preferred this one over last week's.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm going to keep praying these guys get a two-hour timeslot. TNA knows how to use time effectively, and it doesn't seemingly waste too much time. If they find they have extra time, they don't have a guy go out and cut a promo, or have a recap, or have the commentators spend talking about PPV matches. If TNA had minutes to spare, I can honestly see them beefing up matches.

With two hours, TNA could put on six-eight matches every week. That's enough to showcase at least 12 guys. Assuming that every match alternates between one-on-one matches and multi-man matches, that makes it around 18 people. Then you have the guys who are in stables and have people a ringside. More than enough showcasing of talent. With some good editting, each edition of Impact! could feel like a condensed PPV.

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Daniels was Gold.

Kane Knight
01-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm going to keep praying these guys get a two-hour timeslot. TNA knows how to use time effectively, and it doesn't seemingly waste too much time. If they find they have extra time, they don't have a guy go out and cut a promo, or have a recap, or have the commentators spend talking about PPV matches. If TNA had minutes to spare, I can honestly see them beefing up matches.

With two hours, TNA could put on six-eight matches every week. That's enough to showcase at least 12 guys. Assuming that every match alternates between one-on-one matches and multi-man matches, that makes it around 18 people. Then you have the guys who are in stables and have people a ringside. More than enough showcasing of talent. With some good editting, each edition of Impact! could feel like a condensed PPV.

It's pretty brilliant how they fit so much in. I mean, even with the "let's all suck Sting off!" vignettes, they had time for some decent promoiong, and some good set-ups in terms of a program. They sold the main event of the PPV without making the show all about it and did a pretty good job about it, especially all things considered.

A longer timeslot would rock. Though I fear they'd end up doing what the WWE has done and double the amount of pointless crap on the show. Seriouesly, WWE has too much time on their hands.

Londoner
01-18-2006, 09:31 AM
I have to say that impact is getting better, i've seen the last four recently in the catch up special leading up to final resolution(we'll get the correct shows from then on) and they've been good.they could do without the boring squash matches though, they have a big enough roster and a short enough time slot to not have to resort to that.