PDA

View Full Version : The Benoit/Sullivan Affair

Fox
01-17-2006, 10:53 PM
I was watching Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story last ngiht, and when talking about his time in WCW, Chris starts to talk about how Kevin Sullivan was working to keep himself and some of the other guys down (Guerrero and Malenko, were two of them, I believe).

He said that something happened between himself and Sullivan, but that he didn't want to reveal it here, because he wanted to wait until his children were old enough for him to explain it to them before he told the rest of the world.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Or do I have to wait for Benoit's fucking kids to grow up?

PullMyFinger
01-17-2006, 10:54 PM
He fucked Sullivan's wife in front of Sullivan's kids?

Destor
01-17-2006, 11:10 PM
He stole Woman from Sullivan. I'm not familiar with the details there, someone else will have to give ya the full story.

Juan
01-17-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't know why Chris would do that, Woman is as ugly fuck. :n:

Y3J
01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
When I read the title, I thought Benoit had an affair with Kevin Sullivan :lol:

Vastardikai
01-18-2006, 09:41 AM
^

The slamming of one's head into a bathroom stall door is a mating ritual in some cultures. :shifty:

Destor is right. Much of what I gathered from Sullivan has been that he's either a great guy (Jack/Flair) or that he's an ass (Benoit/Malenko). As far as workers go, we need another Kevin Sullivan, IMO.

hb2k
01-18-2006, 09:57 AM
The story is, Sullivan, in an attempt to fool people at a time when fans were becoming cynical did the "Sullivan's wife left him for Benoit" gimmick, and instructed Woman and Benoit to travel together in order to fool any fans that saw them. Benoit may have been married at this point.

Either way, they ended up falling in love.

AWWWWW

Fox
01-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Awww?

Woman IS ugly as fuck! Benoit, if that's the case, you should NEVER tell your kids that story, because they'll lose a whole lot of respect for you real fast.

Oh well. Chances are good that Sullivan probably did the whole thing on purpose to get rid of his dog of a wife.

Avenger
01-18-2006, 11:30 AM
LOL Fox. Probably true!

hb2k
01-18-2006, 12:58 PM
You'd hit it if you could, Fox.

mrslackalack
01-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I believe a that Benoit blames Sullivan for his lack of a push in WCW as well because of it.

mrslackalack
01-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Remember at Superbrawl 96 when Pillman grabbed the mic and said to Sullivan ''I respect you bookerman'' and left. (story goes that Sullivan who was the booker for WCW at the time put himself over Pillman.) Pillman didnt agree to this and said that in the ring and left (and I believed fired by WCW over it) I remember the mess over it as Arn came down and fought Sullivan then Flair came out and said they needed to be friends. I remember Pillmans LOL promo in ECW where he said ''I respect your bookerman'' and was fighting with a giant pencil.

hb2k
01-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Remember at Superbrawl 96 when Pillman grabbed the mic and said to Sullivan ''I respect you bookerman'' and left. (story goes that Sullivan who was the booker for WCW at the time put himself over Pillman.) Pillman didnt agree to this and said that in the ring and left (and I believed fired by WCW over it)

It was a work. Even during his ECW period, he was under WCW contract, and the "firing" was fake. Pillman later somehow managed to convince Bischoff to give him a real release so as to fool everyone, as the Loose Cannon gimmick was being talked about big time. After recieving the legit release, he went straight to the WWE and signed a contract with them. One for Pillman.