PDA

View Full Version : Man, that really sucks.... (Lindros concussion)

Arashi Kage
01-28-2004, 09:50 PM
http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/01/201520.html

"Lindros had his head down along the boards in the neutral zone when he was nailed with a clean hit by Washington Capitals defenseman Jason Doig midway through the second period at Madison Square Garden."

"It is the latest in a long line of concussions for Lindros, who has been sidelined 109 games since the start of the 1996-97 season due to a variety of injuries."

"One of the most hyped players to enter the NHL, Lindros won the Hart Trophy following the lockout-abbreviated 1994-95 campaign."

"The five-time All-Star was a force his first five seasons, totaling 436 points in 297 games."

I hope Lindros will be alright. I've never been a huge Lindros fan, he's never been one of my favorite players, but I hate to see him get another concussion and drag down his career. I hate to see it, cuz it reminds me of Lemieux's injury filled career which really could have been something even more amazing than it has been.

I guess he still hasn't learned to keep his head up. :nono:

Lindros was really something years ago, heck, he's only 31 now. I'm sure I have a '93 Upper Deck card that has 99, 66, & 88 on it together. Lindros did have potential to be in the same class with Gretzky and Super Mario.

asphyXy
01-28-2004, 09:57 PM
<font color=969696>YESSSSSSS!!!!! I'm so glad we didn't trade him to Detroit for Cujo when we had the chance!

:roll:</font>

Yashamaga
01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
lol

Gertner
01-28-2004, 11:23 PM
i think it's time to retire

Adder
01-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Always with his head down.

samichna
01-29-2004, 11:04 AM
He's done

John la Rock
01-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Lindros you stupid dumb ****. Even after 8 concussions the stupid SOB still doesn't know how to skate with his head up.

Don't let your ass hit the door on the way out :wave:

asphyXy
01-29-2004, 01:53 PM
<font color=969696>If Lindros retires, that means Lundmark will get to be the center on that line. Oh wait, this is the New York Rangers. Lundmark will be traded for someone like Kevin Stevens. They need a solid forward.</font>

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 01:56 PM
the sad thing is, is that it seems he gets on a roll then BAM he was playing good lately too. :-\

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:08 PM
He's an idiot for skating with his head down, dont feel the least bit sorry for the overgrown baby.

Would you walk in the middle of traffic only looking at your feet? Same concept.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:18 PM
he wassn't skating when it happend though last night he was stopped looked down for the puck cause he got it picked from him. I feel for the guy probably cause I've had a few concussions in my day. I seem to remember some people feeling the hit stevens laid on Karyia last year in the playoffs was dirty but it was clean and people would have felt bad if Karyia got a concussion from that hit.

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I had 1 concussion before, they're not fun. I do feel sorry for him that way. But when you have a history like his, where one bad kid could seriously kill you, or cripple you, you take every precassion possible.

Heyman
01-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Sucks for Lindros.

In all seriousness though (if Lindros is out for the year or has to retire), I think this could light a fire under the Rangers if anything.

The Rangers, even without Lindros and Bure, are still STACKED with talent.

Remember what happened to the lowly Atlanta Thrashers in regards to the Danny Heatley incident. They went on a tear at the start of the season.