PDA

View Full Version : take the belt off Flair

Marc the Smark
01-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Before anyone starts, I have a good reason for saying this. That is, the belt gets no attention. It's barely been mentioned since Flair won it, and does he even bring it out to the ring with him? I like Flair, believe me, but it's pointless for him to have the title. I say give it to Masters then maybe RVD.

Your thoughts?

crock69
01-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I say Shelton Benjamin should have his mom help him win it from Flair. Then have Shelton in a great program with RVD for the IC belt.

Tornado
01-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Shelton vs RVD would be gold.

Marc the Smark
01-19-2006, 10:40 AM
can you imagine RVD giving Shelton's mom one of those jumping karate kicks? :lol:

Dave Youell
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
I totally forgot that Flair had the belt! That's how badly it's being treated right now.

wwe2222
01-19-2006, 11:36 AM
since it is being so forgotten, this is a perfect time to introduce a new IC belt and get rid of this haggard looking belt from the attitude era.

sorry, i really hate the way this belt looks and always have.

and yes, they should take it off flair now

John la Rock
01-19-2006, 12:13 PM
ya Shelton for IC champ would be good

Kane Knight
01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
It's funny, because the intelligent ones knew this would happen. Everyone on this board was all "Well Ric Flair will elevate the title" And "Don't YOU want the IC strap to have credinibility?" And all this stupid shit. And then they immeditely told us that the belt wasn't important. I mean, they came out and told us that HHH/Flair wasn't about the belt at all.

And it's been downhill from there. The title got more attention with Carlito, and HOW often did he defend it? Never? (Hyperbole, look it up).

IT didn't help Flair. It didn't help the belt. It's a nostalgia run, and every nostalgia run makes the mark in me die a little.

St. Jimmy
01-19-2006, 03:19 PM
the belt itself is lacking creative power.
honestly right now there is talent dying for the midcard title,
Masters could run with it, some unbeatible streak Masterlock shit,
Carlito needs something to do,
Shelton's push?
WTF happened to Tomko?
Greg Helms could do wonders
so much talent that could be built with a belt they're letting rot on Flair...

except for masters, it's not as much talent as it is filling the void.

Corkscrewed
01-19-2006, 03:25 PM
^^ Agreed. Put it on Shelton, Carlito, Masters ( :eek: ), or a returning RVD.

Kane Knight
01-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Helms getting a heel run with the IC strap would be awesome.

D Mac
01-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Give it to Finlay...

He's coming to SmackDown!...

He's giving new meaning to the term: FIGHTING IRSH...

Are you really Irish or just white?

I like Fit too but damn, give it a rest.

6to1
01-20-2006, 09:52 AM
now is the time to retire the belt and who better to retire it with then flair. then maby have a jobber midcard belt like the tv belt

Y3J
01-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Give it to Finlay...

You've said that about 10 times in different threads. You should apply for a job in WWE's Lack of Creativity Team.

On the issue of the IC title, as Flair is getting old he could forget where he left it then have a IC title hunt match where the first wrestler to find it is IC champ.

Savio
01-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Masters can help the belt.

The One
01-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Personally, would rather Flair have it then Carlito, Masters, or Shelton. Greg Helms might be ok, if he didn't just job out to King in the only match most fans have seenof his since he beat Rosey like a few months ago. Carlito is the closest person to being a credible IC Champ on RAW, but he needs to get more promo time because his work in the ring alone can't carry him.

But I am also not too Flair markish to realise he has done nothing to elevate the title, and in many ways it's worse off now then when he got it.

TerranRich
01-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Give it to Finlay...

ENOUGH! Shut the fuck up already! You're fucking annoying.

Y3J
01-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Amen.

Johnny Vegas
01-20-2006, 11:34 AM
The whole Masters/Shelton/RVD/Carlito program for it will bring the credibility back..Add Helms in there..ladder matches, table matches..c'mon, this will elevate the title and THEIR careers...Flair can be that 'ol school champ that shows them how important the title is and "take them to school". Maybe at WrestleMania, Flair can drop the title and do one of those "handshake/passing the torch" type thing. Damn, the writers just do NOT know what they are doing. Seriously.

Evolution
01-20-2006, 02:59 PM
give it to me. have the cameras show me going to college with the belt, watching Family Guy wearing the thing. Couldn't do any more harm than Flair's non-aknowledgement of the title.

D Mac
01-20-2006, 03:20 PM
ENOUGH! Shut the fuck up already! You're fucking annoying.

I have Irish heratige and I'd like to say, this idiot does not represent us.

Skippord
01-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I too am Drunk I mean Irish

Kane Knight
01-20-2006, 03:51 PM
I too am Drunk I mean Irish

So you're halfway there. Now all you need to do is fuck a few guys...

Funky Fly
01-20-2006, 03:51 PM
RESPECT FINLAY...

He's giving new meaning to the term: FIGHTING IRISH...

His ancestors fought for their IRISH SOIL... And he's a FIGHTING IRISH BASTARD...

(Don't tell him I said that to his face)
People are calling for your ban, you know. Knock it off already.

Kane Knight
01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
FUCK FAGLAY...

Glad you finally agree.

Mr. Nerfect
01-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Gregory Helms would have made a perfect candidate for the next IC Champion, but he has literally become a jobber now.

Remember the confrontation Flair had with The Hurricane, where Flair told him to drop the gimmick and he'd be gold, etc. No one expects the writers to remember that, but someone like Stephanie McMahon, who is likely going to be running things in the future, should. Helms is also a small guy, so believeable title changes could happen every night. It's the perfect way to get guys over.

Unfortunately, it looks like Flair will hold the title going into WrestleMania, where he will face a legend, and win, and then drop the title around Backlash time, which is the worst thing they can do. They need to either see Flair as an active wrestler, or a retired guy who wrestles. They can't have it both ways, and if they decide to go with the latter, he should in no way, shape or form be WWE Intercontinental Champion.

Skippord
01-20-2006, 05:12 PM
LET'S GO FINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

:|