Batista- too early to tell

Kane- after his first match with taker

RVD- When he beat Bam Bam for the ECW T.V title

Vince McMahon- St. Valentine's day Massacre

my added one

Macho man. When he beat Dibiase for the title

Taker Fan
01-20-2006, 04:14 PM
The Rock- Backlash 2000 when he beat HHH.

Steve Austin- Winning the belt for the 2nd time against Kane. I think his popularity was at it's peak then.

Triple H- WrestleMania 2000. Being the first heel to win in the main event of WrestleMania, and he was putting on great matches.

Ric Flair- It would be unfair for me to say since I haven't followed most of Flair's career since I started watching in 1996.

Hulk Hogan- Same as Flair.

Randy Orton- His win against Benoit for the title at Summerslam, but it was shortlived, as his career took a shot as he was turned face (instead of staying heel and being the leader of Evolution and kicking HHH out of the stable )

John Cena- February 2004 in his match at No Way Out with Kurt Angle and the Big Show for the #1 contendership at Mania. I thought that Cena's popularity was really huge at the time, and he was still putting on really good matches, and not playing to the crowd nearly as much.

Brock Lesnar- Beating Undertaker in HIAC at No Mercy 2002 really put him over even more as a monster heel (even though Taker was selling a broken hand), and IMO, they should have had Lesnar's undefeated streak last a lot longer than it did, rather than having him lose to the Big Show at Survivor Series.

The Undertaker- When he became the top heel in mid-1999 fueding with Stone Cold over the title with the Ministry by his side. He could still put on good matches, and his character was really interesting and had a lot to uncover with the new heel/evil Taker.

Kurt Angle- Even though he wasn't revolved around the World Title at the time, I'd say it was when he was in a fued/tag team with Benoit in the fall of 2002. They had an unbelievable match at Unforgiven, and they put on some of the best tag team matches with the Los Guerreros and Edge and Rey Rey (the Smackdown 6 :D)

Chris Benoit- I'd say when he won the belt at Mania 20 by making HHH tap for the first time in like...years (on a popularity standpoint). Also, the whole bit with Angle in the fall of 2002 (on a wrestling standpoint)

Batista- Beating HHH in HIAC to retain the title at Vengeance 05.

Kane- Facing the Undertaker at Mania 14 in a really anticipated match (even though he did lose).

RVD- After his planchas onto Bam Bam and winning the TV title.

Vince McMahon- I guess 1999 since I think that was the WWE's best year statistically (I'm really not sure if that's right though)