PDA

View Full Version : WWE Confirms more Royal Rumble Entrants(thoughts...)

snakeboss
01-23-2006, 01:29 PM
WWE.com has confirmed these superstars as being in the Royal Rumble.

RAW SUPERSTARS

1) Rob Van Dam[I think for his return he must look really strong and stay until the last five, but I don't see RVD winning it.]

2) Big Show[Stay for a while, usual Big Show stuff, Eliminated by Triple H]

3) Kane[Hopefully Kane will look strong and take out a lot of guys]

4) Shawn Michaels [I hope he stays around until the final five, Michaels always makes the rumble exciting.]

5) Triple H[He and Orton are about 50-50 in who will win it, knowing HHH's ego, he will.]

6) Chris Masters[Not a chance]

7) Carlito[see Masters]

8) Trevor Murdoch[see Carlito]

9) Shelton Benjamin[I hope Shelton lasts a very long time.]

10) Viscera[billed to be a massive beast, eliminated by an up and comer to make them look big.]

11) Chavo Guerrero[His elimination is important, it could destroy his push.]

SMACKDOWN SUPERSTARS

1) Chris Benoit[I wish he could win it, but Benoit's got no chance.]

2) Rey Mysterio[He could just do it, he, Orton and Triple H are the only ones I think might.]

3) Randy Orton[Possible winner]

4) Matt Hardy[The only interesting thing here would have been a confrontation with Edge, but now Edge is no longer in the rumble, he's just a filler.]

5) Orlando Jordan[May do well with his new push.]

6) Lashley[He'll do very well and peeps will team up to eliminate him.]

7) Sylvan[nope.]

8) Road Warrior Animal[nope.]

9) Johnny Nitro[He and Mercury could stay strong by keeping together.]

10) Joey Mercury[see Nitro]

11) Simon Dean[Guaranteed winner here:| ]

Your thoughts on the confirmed 22?

Stickman
01-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Face it, about 25 have no chance of winning.

Xero
01-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I can't see Rey ever winning a Royal Rumble and main eventing WrestleMania. At best he'd main event the non-main event championship match. I just can't see Rey in the main event of any WrestleMania...

Linkbowler
01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I got 20 bucks on VIRGIL.

Gone Mad
01-23-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't know why but I see Benoit winning. I mean, Angle v. Benoit = money, damn you!

Savio
01-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Murdoch.

Kane Knight
01-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Jesus will return and eliminate Carlito.

Azriel
01-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Jericho returns for the Rumble.

ddpBANG
01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Jericho returns for the Rumble.

Sunday, January 29
Barfly
Liverpool, UK.

That's where Jericho will be the day of the Rumble.

Monday, January 30
Rock City
Nottingham, UK

That's where Jericho will be the day after the Rumble.

Tuesday, January 31
Lemon Grove
Exeter, UK.

That's where Jericho will be the day they tape SmackDown!

I don't see him coming back. I'd mark out like a little bitch if he did, though.

Volare
01-23-2006, 04:56 PM
i gotta go with 3 HHH, Orton, and believe it or not...Lashley

Lash is the only one i've seen that has cut a promo about winning the rumble and they've kinda made him look like lesnar did (hasn't lost a match, and basically buries opponents)

FourFifty
01-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I like the fact that not everyone is listed. Personally I'd like to see a few returns, like Goldust... okay, make that one return.
But seriously, I'd be nice if WWE had some TNA talent under contract. Xtian would be awesome, along with Raven.
Or how about the rumble becomes the debut of CM Punk? "THIS IS TRUE! THIS IS REAL! THIS IS STRAIGHT EGDE, AND STRAIGHT EDGE MEANS I'M BETTER THAN YOU!" I would all but cream myself for that. No hype before that, just a rumble debut.

The Icon of Elisim
01-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Guarantee that Viscera will be a monster and eliminate some jobbers then RVD comes him and takes him out

starfox8500
01-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Jesus will return and eliminate Carlito.

haha... I still think every time I read his name, "Jesus (Gods son)"

mrslackalack
01-23-2006, 10:04 PM
I bet halfway through Carlito will be on a roll and eiminate all the early guys, and when hes the only guy in there RVD will come out.

Mr. Nerfect
01-24-2006, 02:14 AM
I don't really see the point to Sylvan, Road Warrior Animal, MNM & Simon Dean in there. Animal should not be taking TV time away from talent, MNM should be defending the WWE Tag Team Championship against Paul London & Brian Kendrick, The Mexicools & The Dicks in a Fatal Fourway Tag Team Elimination Match. Sylvan & Simon Dean have no chance of winning, although I can see Dean being good with The Gymini helping him eliminate some guys. I would much rather have Dean at ringside while the twins swap in an out with only one being an official entrant.

Eunos
01-24-2006, 05:01 AM
I don't really see the point to Sylvan, Road Warrior Animal, MNM & Simon Dean in there. Animal should not be taking TV time away from talent, MNM should be defending the WWE Tag Team Championship against Paul London & Brian Kendrick, The Mexicools & The Dicks in a Fatal Fourway Tag Team Elimination Match. Sylvan & Simon Dean have no chance of winning, although I can see Dean being good with The Gymini helping him eliminate some guys. I would much rather have Dean at ringside while the twins swap in an out with only one being an official entrant.

Every Rumble Need's it's Jobbers..

Who knows Maybe Simon Dean will win this Years Rumble..

But in all Seriousness it's going to be Mysterio.

Cuzziebro
01-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Either Rey or Orton. Most probably Orton v Angle at Wrestlemania.

Evil Vito
01-24-2006, 06:43 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Booker T has been added to the list of Smackdown participants....I dunno, pretty obvious Orton's gonna get eliminated only for Book to come in late, and let Orton take his place as a favor for subbing for him during the US Title matches</font>

What Would Kevin Do?
01-24-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm sticking with Rey. They did the whole thing with Batista telling him he could be champ, plus they had the little "Rey/Kurt confrontation." Plus he "almost" beat Henry to get his shot, and "almost" eliminated Henry to win the battle royal.

Rey's the fucking little engine that could. Expect him to enter early... Within the first 10, and get pummeled, only to stay in it and win.

William Regal
01-24-2006, 08:02 AM
I have a feeling that Charlie Haas will be a surprise entrant in the rumble. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Lashley will win. I do not know why but i just have a feeling that he will win and Taker will beat Angle at No Way Out and Lashley will end Taker's WM winning streak. That would be great if it did happen.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-24-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't see Lashley winning at all. He's "inexperienced." They're showing it's his Achille's Heel. IE, SS when he got to confident and Kane chokeslammed him. Or on Smackdown when he charged JBL and got smoked with the clothesline from hell. Chances are he'll be dominant in the rumble, but get thrown out after making a Rookie mistake (IE, he'll throw Shawn over, who will skin the cat, but Lashley will just assume he's gone, only to get tossed out when he comes back in.)

Shaggy
01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Even though most people would be against it I would like to see them surprise everyone and do what they did back when Vince won it....except this time Coach wins the Rumble.

Im pulling for Coach....but RVD, Triple H, and Orton are my main picks.

NoRoolz
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Wow. I actually don't know who's gonna win this Rumble. Most years it's really predictable so this one should prove to be interesting.

Orton, Lashley, HHH, RVD, Mysterio seem most likely.

Fox
01-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Triple H.

DS
01-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Face it, about 25 have no chance of winning.
It's a 30 man rumble so 29 have no chance of winning.

Savio
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Coach.

Athrun
01-24-2006, 05:31 PM
It's a 30 man rumble so 29 have no chance of winning.

Since he obviously meant the rumble is going to have 5 winners :nono:

PepperCarrotMan
01-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Rey will win I think so dudes.

The One
01-24-2006, 06:06 PM
If Benoit wins the rumble, mark my words, I will never say a bad thing about WWE again (well...unless they switch him to RAW or take the title off Angle before Mania).

allaboutthegame
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
i would like to see mysterio win it, and i believe he could as long as triple H's huge ego doesn't get in the way. i can see it being between:
HHH, Orton, Rey Rey with hopefully RVD and HBK making up the final 5

Kane Knight
01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
I do NOT want to see RMJ win the Rumble. I'm also not sure he should main event (yes, he's a draw, but will he draw in a WH match?)

Mr. JL
01-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Triple H, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam are the only ones with the chance to win the Rumble this year.

Mr. JL
01-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh, and I keep getting this feeling that Matt Hardy will win the Rumble and obviously go off to face Edge at Wrestle Mania

Corporate Gr8 One
01-25-2006, 11:03 PM
but you all really know what's happening right?

And the 30th participant in the Royal Rumble is....

I AM A REAL AMERICAN FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT OF EVERYMAN...

as Hogan goes on to face off with Cena at WM.

bank on it.

Kane Knight
01-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Oh, and I keep getting this feeling that Matt Hardy will win the Rumble and obviously go off to face Edge at Wrestle Mania

That would be the lowest drawing Main event...Well...Ever...

Evil Vito
01-25-2006, 11:45 PM
<font color=goldenrod>On a funnier note, WWE has posted odds for each of the Rumble participants named thus far, and the most curious:

-----------

ORLANDO JORDAN Odds of winning - 25:1
Depending on the draw, Orlando Jordan can go either way.

-------------

A subtle hint at his upcoming gimmick, or do I just have a strange mind?</font> :o

RP
01-25-2006, 11:58 PM
I think Hassan will return and win the Royal Rumble as his old gimmick.

Nervous Ferret
01-26-2006, 12:23 AM
lol big vito

Mr. Nerfect
01-26-2006, 12:27 AM
On Byte This!, Todd Grisham said there will be a surprise entrant. I bet this "surprise" is The Undertaker. I've been saying it since I saw the Rumble was in Miami, but they should try and get The Rock in there.

So, including what transpired on RAW, we have two spots open on RAW's side of things. Please, PLEASE give Val Venis the chance to go in there and work the Rumble. Why not? The guy is entertaining, and a good wrestler. Why The Coach gets a spot in the Rumble, yet Val Venis doesn't, is a question that almost drives me to killing myself.

FourFifty
01-26-2006, 12:29 AM
So, including what transpired on RAW, we have two spots open on RAW's side of things. Please, PLEASE give Val Venis the chance to go in there and work the Rumble. Why not? The guy is entertaining, and a good wrestler. Why The Coach gets a spot in the Rumble, yet Val Venis doesn't, is a question that almost drives me to killing myself.

Maybe that's what the WWE is aiming for? How many fans can they get to commit suicide.

Deceit
01-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Benoit/Angle for Mania would be fucking phenominal.

Pinnacle Charisma
01-26-2006, 08:29 AM
I still have a feeling that Jericho will be in it.

Young Randall will win it.

I think that this years Rumble will be one of the worst.

There are too many green wrestlers in there and they will be missing royal rumble vets like Jericho, Eddie and X-Tan. Also the fact that some of 2005's new stars like Kennedy and Juvi wont be in it for varous reasons will hurt as well

owenbrown
01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
I will fucking cry if HHH wins the Rumble. :'( The WWE is starting to become the new version of WCW and have been since September of '02. :shifty: