PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Discussion Topic: Top QB

Joey Slugs
01-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Young? Leinart? Cutler? Discuss.

(My vote goes to Cutler, after seeing him in the Senior Bowl practices)

BCWWF
01-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Leinart hands down. Although I wouldn't mind one of the other two getting drafted ahead of him, I don't want him to go to the Saints.

OssMan
01-28-2006, 07:09 PM
its pretty clear Young and Leinart are going to have success probably immediately, i dont really see Cutler or Croyle doing too much

The Outlaw
01-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Ehh, I see Cutler having the best career. Going out on a limb but just my opinion...

mrslackalack
01-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Mortenson and Hodge think Cutlers the best qb in the draft (Hodge said he thinks Vince Young will be late first round at best he thinks Young should be a 2nd-3rd rounder) Kiper said while Cutlers very good he is 3rd behind Young and Lineart.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Whiteherst from Clemson is pretty good too. Not saying he should be the top pick in the draft or anything, but I think he'll be a solid pro. He did have a rough game today though, so he'll probably drop. Orton dropped a lot too, he went from a 1st rounder and I'm not totally positive, but Im pretty sure he ended up in the 3rd or 4th round and turned out alright. I mean he isn't an all star or nothing, but hes a very capable back up which is always good to have.

Personally I still think Young is a big risk, but thats just more of a gut feeling then anything.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-29-2006, 05:31 AM
Yeah Orton was 4th round. But look at recent history, Roethlisberger was what, 16th pick? And so far from last year's class Charlie Frye looks better than Alex Smith or anyone else who came out 1st round.

Crimson
01-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Ben was 11th pick. So Im guessing the 2nd, 3rd AND 4th picks will go qb? Don't the Saints,Titans and Jets all need qb? I think Cutler will have the best career, and Young will be a bust.

mrslackalack
01-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Young should have stayed, all year long they talked about oh hes coming back. He had an insurance policy on him, and if he came back his sr yr he would have been the likely Number 1 pick.

Gonzo
01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
I saw some of the Senior Bowl and Cutler was throwing damn good balls. Really tight spirals and the passes were all on the money.

CNM
01-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll stick with Leinart at #1. The Cutler hype kind of reminds me of Aaron Rodgers last year. I wouldn't be suprised to see him drop.

Gonzo
01-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Personally I think Leinart is going to suck as a professional. Huge bust I think.

BCWWF
01-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Matt Leinart staying for his senior year is rare, there was really no chance Vince would be staying after the Rose Bowl

CNM
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I dunno, he's not the most mobile guy, but he can move around when need be and is accurate as hell. He might not be a HOF QB but I can see him making many Pro Bowls.

mrslackalack
01-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Cutler impressed me he led Vandy (who was projected to finish last in the SEC) to a 5-6 record with a huge win at Tenn, If not for the bad home losses to Mid Tenn ST and UK and the close heartbreaking losses to Fla and South Carolina then Vandy would have gone to the SEC title game. In my opinion the only bad game they had was against GA, as they played LSU well for 3 and a half quarters.

Skippord
01-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Mortenson and Hodge think Cutlers the best qb in the draft (Hodge said he thinks Vince Young will be late first round at best he thinks Young should be a 2nd-3rd rounder) Kiper said while Cutlers very good he is 3rd behind Young and Lineart.

Hodge is a fucking retard

Nervous Ferret
02-02-2006, 03:09 AM
gunna kill woody johnson if he drafts a qb @ 4th pick :o