PDA

View Full Version : TNA. The WWE alternative?

The Heat
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I've seen little or no TNA mention since my arrivial here @ TPWW boards. So, I'm wonderin' if anyone here watches;

TNA Impact is a good show, IMO. The X-Division kicks ass and they are getting main-event stars like Christian[Cage],Sting, Rhino, etc that could elevate the company to competition level with WWE. Granted, TNA can't compete until they get more stars[name stars] and start using entertainment encorporated into their current kick-ass wrestling product.

I think 2006 will be a pivotal year for TNA. More jumps from WWE will probably happen and I'm sure if Lesnar wins his current lawsuit with WWE, TNA will be a likely option for him.

The tag division also rocks with AMW, The Naturals, Team 3D[Dudleys], etc that make WWE's tag division look pale by comparision.

In conclusion, I expect TNA to soon be up there competing with WWE. They[WWE] keep doing out-there kind of TV and most wrestling fans are tired of their product. The only pitfall I see is Jeff Jarrett himself. He's rapidly becoming the HHH of TNA and has held the NWA World Title way too often. If Jarrett can learn to stay awhile from the belt and let others[such as Christian] carry the company, TNA will be a threat to WWE.

I'm by no means against WWE or anything. It's just that WWE has been stale since losing competition from WCW & ECW. Once TNA becomes competition[who knows when it'll be], I'm interested to see if the WWE product improves and by how much[compared to the current WWE product].

Thoughts?

Shadow
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Just because nobody mentions it doesn't mean nobody watches it.

Oh, and I do watch it. Good product and has a great future...if the WWE doesn't fuck it up first.

Loose Cannon
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
when did you arrive to the TPWW Boards, 7 minutes ago?

Blitz
01-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes, there are fans. A simple search of the forum would have told you that.

Skippord
01-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Or if you look at one of my avatars

The Naitch
01-28-2006, 06:19 PM
if they can push Christian as TNA's version of The Rock then maybe they'll have a chance

The Heat
01-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Oh, and I do watch it. Good product and has a great future...if the WWE doesn't fuck it up first.

True. Just because it hasn't been mentioned, that doesn't mean people don't. However, I was simply pointing out that most topics here are WWE oriented. I've seen little TNA mention[so far] and was wondering if people here were mostly WWE marks.

when did you arrive to the TPWW boards, 7 minutes ago?

True, I'm a new member. That has no relevance to the topic though, cannon. Look @ the last 2 or 3 pages of the "wrestling forum". It's all WWE-related. I was simply pointing out the obvious. It wasn't meant in a disrespectful way though, so, don't get all hyper-active about it :shifty:

McLegend
01-28-2006, 06:31 PM
He is right though TNA isn't talked about as much here as it is on other boards. Not saying there isn't anything wrong with that, but it is true.

Fox
01-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Sorry, but most of the time TNA is mentioned around here you'll have about twenty hardcore WWE fans on your ass about how shitty it is. It's kind of been phased out.

I do agree, TNA is great and I enjoy watching their product more than the WWE's.

Funky Fly
01-28-2006, 06:55 PM
The spoilers are usually posted, and names get mentioned from time to time, but there's not really much to say otherwise unless there's some news.

The Naitch
01-28-2006, 06:59 PM
TNA sucks

Skippord
01-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Maybe you suck The Naitch

The Naitch
01-28-2006, 07:01 PM
lol ok

The Naitch
01-28-2006, 07:03 PM
but yeah, back to the topic at hand: TNA fucking sucks

Funky Fly
01-28-2006, 07:07 PM
undeleted

Skippord
01-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Maybe shannon moore is the one who sucks

Funky Fly
01-28-2006, 07:14 PM
He certainly looks like he enjoys the cock with that make up in your avatar.

Skippord
01-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Should I change it to Sting,Chris Sabin,or Christian Cage

Funky Fly
01-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Just as long as they aren't looking at me with bedroom eyes.

The Naitch
01-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Funky :love:

but yeah, Prince of Spunk seriously needs a different gimmick. It's so terrible

Skippord
01-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I dunno Christians pictures are pretty gay looking

Y3J
01-28-2006, 07:33 PM
This guy posted a beautiful thread of how TNA is good, although it took a while it finally turned into a TNA bashing thread. You guys are very disrespectful.

In case I forgot to mention it, TNA is shite.

Y3J
01-28-2006, 07:35 PM
And to answer your original question:

UFC > TNA

Funky Fly
01-28-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm not bashing TNA. I just don't like creepy avatars with guys who look like they want to fuck me in them.

McLegend
01-28-2006, 07:43 PM
And to answer your original question:

UFC > TNA
UFC is also> WWE so your point there wasn't made.

Y3J
01-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Well that's your opinion, i'm still undecided on that issue. But I understand where you're coming from.

PullMyFinger
01-28-2006, 07:54 PM
TNA is mentioned a lot here, but the past couple weeks there's been no TNA talk.

TNA is great...honestly, they're doing WAY WAY WAY better with storyline and Impact than they were when they first started.

Generation Next, The Prince of Punk, Sting, Christian, Samoa Joe/Fallen Angel/Styles feud, etc. are all really great.

The only problem is still Jarrett.

The Naitch
01-28-2006, 08:43 PM
and TNA

redoneja
01-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Or the lack of coherent storylines, good wrestling, an abundance of spotfests in the X-Division, and lackluster roster overall.

St. Jimmy
01-28-2006, 09:17 PM
TNA!, the alternative to Entertainment! =/

Skippord
01-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Or the lack of coherent storylines, good wrestling, an abundance of spotfests in the X-Division, and lackluster roster overall.

TNA DOESNT HAVE STORYLINES I SWEAR TO GOD.

on an unrelated note they have

CHRIS FUCKING SABIN

Shadow
01-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm not bashing TNA. I just don't like creepy avatars with guys who look like they want to fuck me in them.

You must think that all white guys want you huh Funk?

Kane Knight
01-28-2006, 10:06 PM
It's funny, because you see one of these spring up every week. There are spoilers/results for every show, and discussion of all the major angles.

I can see why you'd think there wasn't much on TNA here.

Xero
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry, but most of the time TNA is mentioned around here you'll have about twenty hardcore WWE fans on your ass about how shitty it is. It's kind of been phased out.

I do agree, TNA is great and I enjoy watching their product more than the WWE's.
Hey hey hey, TNA is shit MOST OF THE TIME, but on the flip side (and this is coming from someone you probably consider a hardcore WWE fan), the WWE is shit MOST OF THE TIME.

TNA has some great talent, and I've got to admit I'm a Joe mark (whenever I watch TNA, anyway), but they're still a LOOOONNNGGG way off to be considered a WWE alternative.

And on that note, Nick Mondo and spot monkeys (half the TNA roster) suck.

Kane Knight
01-28-2006, 10:31 PM
You need to be a hardcore WWE fan to call TNA shit? Fuck, I missed that memo too.

Skippord
01-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey hey hey, TNA is shit MOST OF THE TIME, but on the flip side (and this is coming from someone you probably consider a hardcore WWE fan), the WWE is shit MOST OF THE TIME.

TNA has some great talent, and I've got to admit I'm a Joe mark (whenever I watch TNA, anyway), but they're still a LOOOONNNGGG way off to be considered a WWE alternative.

And on that note, Nick Mondo and spot monkeys (half the TNA roster) suck.

Xero loves Chris Sabin

Xero
01-28-2006, 10:54 PM
HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN!

Is what his theme says....

The Greater Power
01-28-2006, 11:08 PM
This will sound stupid, but I really can't take TNA seriously until they start getting bigger crowds (which obviously means going to bigger arenas).

mrslackalack
01-28-2006, 11:51 PM
I like TNA. Its also funny to watch Don West get excited over something.

West: Tenay have you ever seen A.J. Styles use a hiptoss like that!!!!!!

Pinnacle Charisma
01-29-2006, 12:25 AM
The Heats post reminds me of my english essays I wrote when I was 15

The One
01-29-2006, 12:57 AM
When TNA gives me something worth talking about...then I will talk about TNA.

Equally so once WWE gives me something worth talking about...I will talk about them too.

Why do I even come here any more???

Kane Knight
01-29-2006, 01:41 AM
TNA's an alternative only in the loosest sense. There are two wrestling shows on TV...TNA and WWE. You can choose between the two, but largely it's less like Coke/Pepsi and more like Coke/Deer Piss.

TNA has been improving, andit's had its moments (Especially in the last few months), but it still suffers from booking that makes WWE look competent, and Jarrett hogging the title in a way that a small promotion can't afford. It has generic wrestlers and WWE like most of WCW's scene
, except WCW wasn't a "trying to establish ourselves" promotion at the time. Hell, they still ended up dead.

TNA is competition in the loosest senses, but it's not realt competitioon or an alternative in almost any real sense of the words.

BigChris
01-29-2006, 01:53 AM
There are alot of people on here that don't like TNA, and they will turn any post about TNA into a BASH THE HELL OUT OF TNA post, so that is why you don't see anything posted about it, because no one gives you a straight answer when talking about TNA.

The One
01-29-2006, 02:31 AM
By saying TNA sucks...it's not giving someone a straight answer? No, in fact TNA still sucks. I can say that without bias and because I have yet to miss a TNA event (be it weekly PPVs, iMPACT! on FSN or Spike, and every single 3 hour PPV). I have been here through all of it. Is it making great steps in the right direction? Hell yes. Do I like TNA more then WWE, ab-so-fucking-lutly. But that doesn't mean it is sucking like a Hoover. TNA wants to establish something new, something different...they have almost an ECW style mission, but they are failing. Their workers are generally bland, and TNA is the only promotion to date that can out plot-hole Kane's life.

The fact is TPWW has had just about every single conversation about TNA that there is to have until something changes. And I am not suggesting they add another side to their ring, I am suggesting they actually start having a vision of where they are going instead of aimlessly drifting with Jarrett holding the gold, AJ being the Golden Boy, and throwing random spot monkeys into matches with little to no back round and expecting us to jump at the chance to pay to watch the match. And bringing in a new guy every other month really isn't a plan for the future either.

Here is a good example of why TNA is drifting aimlessly...who is TNA's next big star...or the next face of their company, according to their advertisments, it's Sting. It's been Jarrett and Styles up until now. Oh and since S*E*X broke apart, can you name a single gimmick change? Other then Alex Shelley having a video camera and Monty Brown sfiting back and forth from face to heel. It sounds dumb, but literally nothing has changed within TNA since S*E*X was done with. TNA's answer usually instead of working to get someone over is to constantly bring in new people to lay down for the same 3 or 4 guys. I FUCKING GET IT...AJ STYLES IS THE GREATEST EVER! ENOUGH ALREADY!

Basically here is where TPWW and TNA are at...

TNA can't write and angle to save their lives
Chris Daniels is GOD!
Christian Cage: see Chris Daniels
Jeff Jarrett is the devil
AJ Styles isn't "all that and a bag of potatoe chips"
Samoa Joe is fat
THE POOOOOOOOOUNCE isn't a real finisher
TNA isn't near WWE's level....and won't be for a while.

Give us a new topic other then those, and maybe you get something other then people writing it off as just another TNA thread...hell fucking make one about the Bentley Bounce for all I care, but I am sick of hearing Styles, Jarrett, Daniels, Christian & Joe.

Skippord
01-29-2006, 03:02 AM
9.Nobody loves Chris Sabin

Xerzes
01-29-2006, 03:44 AM
10. We can't remember the name of that chick with Matt Bentley. She's got nice boobies, though.

The One
01-29-2006, 03:50 AM
...uh...Tracey Brooks. She is also a (suprisingly good) wrestler.

BigChris
01-29-2006, 07:05 AM
All you have to do is read the first post in this thread, and the last post in this thread, and I guarntee I am right, watch.

Y3J
01-29-2006, 07:25 AM
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________.

Kane Knight
01-29-2006, 09:38 AM
There are alot of people on here that don't like TNA, and they will turn any post about TNA into a BASH THE HELL OUT OF TNA post, so that is why you don't see anything posted about it, because no one gives you a straight answer when talking about TNA.

Kids, this is why drugs are bad.

PullMyFinger
01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Actually, in all fairness, TNA seems to be learning what character development is just NOW! lol Little too late, but these X Division guys are finally getting a personality. Tbh, they're doing a better job than WWE was with some of these wrestlers.

Case: WWE never gave a shit about cruiserweights. Shannon Moore seemed like any other boring fuck on SD!...nothing like his WCW days. He's been in TNA for about a month now...at least the guy has some sort of personality now. His match with Styles was pretty good too. In WWE, Moore was a snoozefest, in TNA, he's somewhat exciting to watch.

Shelley, Aries, and Strong seem to be moving up somewhat.

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of Team Canada here? It's been the same shit...they're heels, come out, cheat..bitch bitch bitch...canadian destroyer, and they're done.

Samoa Joe looks badass to me..idk what people are saying in here about him being fat. He's exciting to watch, and is a great X Division champ.

The biggest problem with TNA is - Jarrett and him being the champ.

I don't think AJ Styles is the golden boy of TNA anymore. Maybe it's just the Orlando crowd, but it seems people are sick of him always being pushed as the best. I think they have the same opinion as The One. I used to like Styles last year too, and he's talented no doubt about that, but I fucking gett he point as well. He's the golden boy of TNA...seeing Samoa Joe beat the shit out of him was great.

thecc
01-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Chris Daniels is GOD!
Daniels aint got shit on Curry Man!
:shifty:

owenbrown
01-29-2006, 12:43 PM

Jeff Jarrett is already beating them to the punch, Shadow. He will fuck it up LONG before WWE does. :shifty:

PepperCarrotMan
01-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Lesnr's going back to WWE, he will not go to TNA.

Kane Knight
01-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Actually, in all fairness, TNA seems to be learning what character development is just NOW! lol Little too late, but these X Division guys are finally getting a personality. Tbh, they're doing a better job than WWE was with some of these wrestlers.

Case: WWE never gave a shit about cruiserweights. Shannon Moore seemed like any other boring fuck on SD!...nothing like his WCW days. He's been in TNA for about a month now...at least the guy has some sort of personality now. His match with Styles was pretty good too. In WWE, Moore was a snoozefest, in TNA, he's somewhat exciting to watch.

To be fair, it's not too late unless the company's about to tank. They haven't been around that long, they definitely haven't had a TV deal that long, and they're finally pulling together. I'd say "better late than never," Ya know?

Also, in terms of more attention to the "undercard," Fair play, but the main event feels like a midcard title, so it's not saying much.

...Yet, anyway.

PullMyFinger
01-29-2006, 02:53 PM
lol Yeah, it does feel like a mid-card title.

That's true, better late than never.

Shadow
01-29-2006, 03:30 PM
PMF...I too hate Team Canada. And not just because they're heels. It's because of their Coach. I loath that fat little peice of shit and every time he gets hit with someone's finisher...a tear of joy rolls down my face.

PullMyFinger
01-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Awesome. I also can't stand Jeff Hardy, I'm glad he's done..that worthless piece of shit!

Disturbed316
01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
TNA = Is gay

Shadow
01-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Awesome. I also can't stand Jeff Hardy, I'm glad he's done..that worthless piece of shit!

And all your cool points are done...you tard.

The Naitch
01-29-2006, 04:12 PM
TNA = sucks

sucks = TNA

Conclusion = TNA Sucks

The CyNick
01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
If TNA really was an alternative I would ddefinately be into them. However, I see them as a virtual carbon copy of the WWE. The only difference is that they use their CW's a lot better. But that is becaus ethey dont have enough marketable heavyweights.

The pace of the show is exactly the same as a WWE show, they just have less talent to work with.

I'm at an all time low when it come sot interest in wrestling, I wish someone would do something to change the industry, but I haven't seen that since WCW debuted Nitro and WWE did the Attitude thing.

I find MMA to be far more netertaining than anything going on in wrestling right now.

Rob
01-29-2006, 07:36 PM
TNA are at least using fresh guys which is exactly where WWE dropped the ball.

MMA friggin rules right now though.

Kane Knight
01-29-2006, 07:40 PM
lol Yeah, it does feel like a mid-card title.

That's true, better late than never.

Unfortunately, the purpose of the midcard belts is to elevate talent. And JArrett's worse than Triple H.

The CyNick
01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
TNA are at least using fresh guys which is exactly where WWE dropped the ball.

MMA friggin rules right now though.

Cant wait for the next 4 PPVs for UFC.

Rob
01-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Cant wait for the next 4 PPVs for UFC.

Throw in TUF 3 and the Spike specials.

And Pride.

The CyNick
01-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Throw in TUF 3 and the Spike specials.

And Pride.

its all gravy.

I know its a TV show, but I cant imagine Tito and Ken being that close to one another and not getting into some type of fight.

Ken: My team; we're going to do cardio for the next 90 minutes.

Tito: My team; we're hitting the beach to look for chicks!!

***Tito's team cheers, Ken's team looks sad****

Rob
01-29-2006, 07:59 PM
That would be awesome!

The Heat
01-29-2006, 11:11 PM
I will be the first to admit, TNA isn't major competition, but, they are definetely offering a good alternative.

WWE is boring, redundant, and lastly, unimaginative. They have writers who don't know the first thing about wrestling, its history, and the past. They are crappy TV writers who shouldn't even be on a WWE show.

My point was that TNA offers a good variety of alternatives that WWE can't provide. Once TNA gets more time, bigger stars, and maybe a decent midcard, they will totally kickass.....

Londoner
01-30-2006, 07:06 AM
I like TNA at the moment,though I don't feel they're big enough competition with WWE at the moment, however, they're doing most things right.Atleast in TNA, it actually feels like there is a journey to the titles where as in WWE, they can just hire a free agent(Mark Henry for example) and he'll be the no.1 contender straight away.