PDA

View Full Version : RAW's Tag Division saved?

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2006, 04:44 AM
OK, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, but I'm going to make a few assumptions.

1. Eugene is back on RAW
If so, you have his team with Tatanka all ready to go. It could work just because of the pure cheese of it. But if you want to get serious, turn Eugene heel by revealing he is really Nick Dinsmore, and have him join fellow conman, Rob Conway as "The Lords of the Ring". Instant credible heel team with talent.

2. People have forgotten Doug Basham is supposed to be on SmackDown!
I think The Basham Brothers are destined for bigger and better things than being simple tag team guys, but if Doug & Danny were allowed to be on RAW as their own characters, with different looks, I think they could get over huge as seperate individuals. Sort of like Edge & Christian were brothers, but had their notable differences. If just for a few months, I'd put Doug Basham on RAW as part of a Triple H/Vince McMahon-backing stable.

3. Charlie Haas in on the way back
If this is true, and I really hope it is, I can see no better team for RAW than these guys. Shelton Benjamin has come onto his own as a performer, but the WWE again see clueless as to where they need to take the guy. So even if, much like The Basham Brothers, it is only for their inevitable split and feud, I would love to see The World's Greatest Tag Team back together.

Add these three teams to The Heart Throbs, Val Venis & Viscera, Tyson Tomko & Snitsky and 3 Minute Warning, and you have yourself a *shock* 7-Team Division.

For once all the pieces seem aligned for the RAW tag division. All that remains to be seen if if the WWE plays it out.

Impact!
01-30-2006, 04:57 AM
<3

Sadistic
01-30-2006, 09:41 AM
The only problem is that those teams are shit and no one would want to watch.

Johnny Vegas
01-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I'd watch WGTT (Benji & Haas) with the #1 pick that Noid said. Those would be the two teams carrying the tag team load. The other teams could have success if the writers do it RIGHT. But this is the WWE we're talking about.

Morgan
01-30-2006, 09:50 AM
The Bashams are gone in the next cutting spree. Conway probably too. Besides having teams is one thing, they don't really use them enough.
Take the Heart-throbs, I thought they were going to be the Raw version of MNM, now there're just Kane-feed.

loopydate
01-30-2006, 11:01 AM

Do I really need to remind you that you like CZW, therefore no one respects your opinions?

Whoops, guess I just did.

Xero
01-30-2006, 11:32 AM
lol

*Insert pot/kettle bit here*

Impeccable
01-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Since the brand split, the tag division, much like Flair's arsenal, has been non existant. They tease us every three months with a new tag team, that come in, win a non title match against the champions, thus putting themselves into contention, and win the titles at one of the second rate PPV's as an opening match. That team then continues to hold them until they find two singles wrestlers with little or no momentum and throw them together as a makeshift tag team.

I really miss teams like The Hardys, Billy and Chuck, The Worlds Greatest tag team, Too Cool. You know, good old fashioned tag teaming, where both partners look and/or dress similar and create some good double team offense.

At the moment, all we have are teams thrown together. Why not throw the Women's title and the cruiserweights onto smackdown, and have the tag title defended only on raw, with teams like MNM, Three Minute Warning, The Worlds Greatest Tag Team, etc?

Man...I miss tag team wrestling!

Nark Order
01-30-2006, 01:16 PM
If they have RVD team with Eugene I'm going to vomit.

Impeccable
01-30-2006, 01:21 PM
If they have RVD team with Eugene I'm going to vomit.
Man, don't be giving them ideas...the writers come on these internet chat boardy things.

UmbrellaCorporation
01-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I wish like hell that MNM were on Raw. MNM = The goods.

Sadistic
01-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Tag team wrestling is at an all time low and nothing can save it.
You can't just take random singles wrestlers and make a tag team out of them.
There are not many good tag team wrestlers left in WWE.
MNM are totally in a league of their own. I wish they were around back in 2000.

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2006, 03:20 PM

Wait, wait, wait. The World's Greatest Tag Team, The Lords of the Ring & The Basham Brothers are shit? Any combination of those teams could pull out a Tag Team Iron Man Match.

3 Minute Warning may not be the best technicians, but I would love to see them in a Ladder Match where they can pull off their crazy shit. The Heart Throbs are solid as well.

Val Venis & Viscera, although I believe Venis is above such things, make a good little guy/big guy tandem. Viscera either gets picked to pieces by a team and Venis works a hot finish, or Venis gets controlled for most of the match and Viscera looks like a monster.

That's six teams worth watching there. Three face teams and three heel teams. I've left out the possibility of Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch getting back together, as well. That could certainly help tag team wrestling.

PullMyFinger
01-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Nothing is better than that TNA team that was around for a bit...Phi Delta Slam? WTF WAS UP WITH THAT?!

wwe2222
01-30-2006, 04:55 PM
are you suggesting that a tag team of TATANKA and EUGENE is going to help jumpstart the tag team division??

We need some good ol fashioned tag teams and then not have them lose in a handicap match to Kane.

I really like MNM...too bad they have noone to really fued with. I did enjoy how they fueded with Batista and Mysterio though...too bad they lost a handicap match as well.

Corkscrewed
01-31-2006, 01:38 AM
When the fuck did Sadistic come back?

I thought he quit or something.

Xero, run an IP check!!!

Mr. Nerfect
01-31-2006, 02:47 AM
are you suggesting that a tag team of TATANKA and EUGENE is going to help jumpstart the tag team division??

Um, no. I suggested it could help. My idea for jumpstarting the division was to have Eugene turn heel and team with Rob Conway.

FourFifty
01-31-2006, 03:07 AM
As much as I hate to say this... We all know how many laughs Booker T and Goldust got... Eugene and Goldust? For a little while, just until they can build up the tag team scene, and then have Goldust turn heel.

FourFifty
01-31-2006, 03:08 AM
And enough of this Carltio/Master's bullshit. Chris Masters is the only wrestler out there who can get the same reaction from the fans at the MSG, and in an empty arena match.