View Full Version : *Pees on Eastern Canada*

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Have it, biatches.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=70105

Vancouver to host 2006 World Juniors

Canadian Press

1/29/2004

Hockey Canada is holding a news conference at 3pm et/Noon pt at GM Place where they will announce that Vancouver has the winning bid to host the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championship.

Vancouver was one of five finalists chosen by a selection committee, comprised of Hockey Canada president Bob Nicholson, chairman Allan Matthews, vice-president of business operations Scott Smith and Canadian Hockey League commissioner David Branch.

Nicholson, Matthews and Branch are the voting members.

The other finalists were Ottawa, Quebec City, Saskatoon and a joint bid from London and Kitchener, Ont.

Each of the five pitched the merits of their respective bids on Jan. 18 in Calgary to the selection committee. The five finalists were chosen from 11 bids, which also included Edmonton, Halifax, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Montreal and Toronto.

Canada has hosted the world men's under-20 hockey tournament six times. Halifax (2003), Winnipeg (1999), Red Deer, Alta., (1995), Saskatoon (1991), Hamilton (1978).

The 2003 tournament in Halifax set records in attendance, television ratings and finances with a profit of $3.6 million and an estimated economic impact in the region of more than $20 million.

Grand Forks, N.D., is the host of the 2005 world junior championship.

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:02 PM
LOL, read the comments from the whiney Easterners people on the TSN "your call" section.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:08 PM
I have tickets for the gold medal game in grand forks next year :o canada better be there.... Also Winnipeg beat you guys to it :D

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:10 PM
yeah the your call always has whiney people from toronto complaining, whenever someone is a free agent or on a trade block Toronto should trade for them and no one else.

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah, but how many Olympics has Winterpeg hosted? :[

Vancouver's getting a lot of international sports attention, and watching people from Toronto cry is just pricless.

Atleast they still have CBC Saturday Nights Leafs Hockey.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:12 PM
I can see people's point's that vancouver isn't the best city to host it though. I would rather see it somewhere like Victoria or Kelowna/Kamloops.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:14 PM
and also Vancouver hassn't hosted any olympics yet :rant: and Winnipeg has held the pan am games twice. :D

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:24 PM
give u richael and antropov for o'neil!!!!111

omg thats the bets trade ever. hurricanes get a proven player in richael and a young up and commer in antropov.

*next article has a trade rumor about bondra*

give them richeal and antropov!!!!11

last year it was hoglund and antropov for player X.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:26 PM
no matter what the subject is you can always find a trade involving toronto.

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:27 PM
I can see people's point's that vancouver isn't the best city to host it though. I would rather see it somewhere like Victoria or Kelowna/Kamloops.

Same here, hell, Edmonton would have been an awsome choice IMO, Im just glad its not southen ontario...maybe give those "Toronto is the hockey center of the universe" bullshitters something to think about.

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Cant wait to hear Blob McKenzie talk on this.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Kelowna and Victoria are hosting games as well? This makes Vancouver getting it worse. I thought a major part was logistics? What makes more sense, having the games in 2 arenas close to each other or in 3 venues where the teams have to travel more? This decision was strictly politcal and money driven, it is typical of Hockey Canada. And for those thinking Vancouver can showcase Canada, people will look around the city and think they are in Asia. People know what I am talking about.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:29 PM
LOL

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:31 PM
the beef i have against vancouver getting the world juniors is not that they took it from a more diserving city. i'm from BC, i love my province. however our economy is in the shitter. should we have got the olympics? no. the world jrs? probably not. i love the olympics and world jrs, but those arent going to open the 90+ schools they closed in our province this year.

da_king strikes again

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:31 PM
it would be funny if that person was from Toronto making fun of asian population.

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:40 PM
the beef i have against vancouver getting the world juniors is not that they took it from a more diserving city. i'm from BC, i love my province. however our economy is in the shitter. should we have got the olympics? no. the world jrs? probably not. i love the olympics and world jrs, but those arent going to open the 90+ schools they closed in our province this year.

da_king strikes again

Thats been the center of debate as far as the olympics goes in BC since Vancouver made a bid.

Something like this will boost our economy. It will create jobs while upgrading th cities to support the olympics, plus, if we do a good job, it will make BC look even better to tourists than it already does. We we also have many new facilites for training our atheletes. Gotta spend money to make money.

Marbear
01-29-2004, 02:42 PM
why would people from Toronto be bitching exactly? If you read the article, you'd see that Toronto wasn't even one of the cities who were bidding. The only two places remotely near were Kitchener and London and they're still a few hours away. :|

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:44 PM
cause they're from toronto.

any major sporting event held in Canada that isnt hosted in Toronto is a grave injustice and purely political.

Thought you knew that :p

Marbear
{lepto]{lown']it would be funny if that person was from Toronto making fun of asian population.

Well it is true that Vancouver has a higher asian population although that still isn't right to say.

Marbear
{lepto]{lown']cause they're from toronto.

any major sporting event held in Canada that isnt hosted in Toronto is a grave injustice and purely political.

Thought you knew that :p

well those people are retarded

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
{lepto]{lown']Thats been the center of debate as far as the olympics goes in BC since Vancouver made a bid.

Something like this will boost our economy. It will create jobs while upgrading th cities to support the olympics, plus, if we do a good job, it will make BC look even better to tourists than it already does. We we also have many new facilites for training our atheletes. Gotta spend money to make money.

I can see the olympics creating jobs but I've been through the WJ's in Winnipeg and it really did nothing for us. :-\

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Well it is true that Vancouver has a higher asian population although that still isn't right to say.

We also have more asshole when driving :cool:

But the Asians show how multicultural Canada really is :shifty:

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:49 PM
well those people are retarded

Yup...and they all have internet connections and the ability to type unfortunatly.

MoRcHeEbA
01-29-2004, 02:50 PM
asshole drivers... have you ever been in alberta :|

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:51 PM
I can see the olympics creating jobs but I've been through the WJ's in Winnipeg and it really did nothing for us. :-\

Yeah, the WJs wont help the province too much, finacially or tourism, as the WJs isnt exactly a huge internationall event. I didnt mean the WJs would create jobs, I ment the Olympics will. The WJs will be a good showcase for what we can expect as far as hockey goes in the 2010 olympics though. Also, hosting the WJs wont be too much of a tax burden either.

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:52 PM
a farmer with roadrage in his tractor would be the funniest thing ever.

Marbear
01-29-2004, 02:52 PM
{lepto]{lown']We also have more asshole when driving :cool:

i bet not as much as Montreal. Holy hell, those people can't drive. :rant:

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 02:55 PM
oh yeah, forgot about montreal :o

but who really considers anything in Quebec a part of Canada anymore anyways?

samichna
01-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Well maybe I got stung in the face by a jellyfish and you peing on me is soothing

how about that shit, asshole

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Well maybe I got stung in the face by a jellyfish and you peing on me is soothing

how about that shit, asshole
LOL HAHAHAHA

Y2Ant
01-30-2004, 02:18 AM
LOL KIA your Call is full of tards in the wrestling too

I have seen some rather Yash-like people on tsn.ca though :naughty:

The CyNick
01-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Have to defend the centre of the universe:

The problem with the rest of Canada is that you all have a short man complex, you wish you were taller, but there's nothing you can do to change it so you spend your time trying to insult people who are tall (in this case people from T-dot). Same thing happens in the States with New York, everyone else are a bunch of haters.

MoRcHeEbA
01-30-2004, 01:23 PM
riiiiight so Toronto is better then canada.

The CyNick
01-30-2004, 04:01 PM
riiiiight so Toronto is better then canada.

its not better, its just that Toronto is the most important part of the country. No matter how much people bitch you cant deny the fact that we pump more money into the country then any other city.

MoRcHeEbA
01-30-2004, 04:07 PM
so because they pump the most money into the economy in canada they should be the best at sports in canada? they should get everything served to them on a silver plater? They should be allowed to bitch when something doesn't go there way?

Marbear
01-30-2004, 05:15 PM
well with all due respect, everywhere else in Canada bitches when something doesn't go their way, so how come they can and Toronto can't?

I mean, don't get me wrong. The people who are bitching on tsn.ca are morons because if they actually read the article they'd see that Toronto wasn't even in the running for the tournament. But I'm just pointing out a double standard. Don't mind me. :$