PDA

View Full Version : Annie Hall is one of the best movies ever

Triple A
01-31-2006, 03:04 PM
For real.

Just watched it again for the first time in a couple of years and goddddd it is so good. I <3 Woody Allen.

Loose Cannon
01-31-2006, 10:50 PM
thank you. someone who agrees with me. I have it on VHS. Woody Allen is one of my favorite comedians ever. But you really need to "get" him cause his stuff just annoys people. Like everyone in my film class two years ago when we watched it.

el fregadero
02-01-2006, 01:01 AM
You're both New Yorkers. Coincidence?

Lara Emily
02-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Woody Allen is much better director then he is an actor. The flaw in Annie Hall is not the writing or the directing it's Allen's terrible screen presence.

Triple A
02-01-2006, 02:01 AM
His screen presence is absolutely perfect for the movie considering he wrote the part for HIMSELF so I don't know what you are talking about.

I love him and his screen presence.

Lara Emily
02-01-2006, 02:07 AM
His screen presence is absolutely perfect for the movie considering he wrote the part for HIMSELF so I don't know what you are talking about.

I love him and his screen presence.
My point is that Annie Hall is directed nicely and well written, it's just that Woody Allen's on screen presence drives me nuts. (that Annie Hall would not work without Allen is besides the point)

I much prefer Woody Allen films that don't star Woddy Allen (my entire point really is that he is a talented director and writer but an annoying actor)

BlackDawn2024
02-07-2006, 06:11 AM
George Lucas: :foc:

Mr. Nerfect
02-09-2006, 06:11 AM
I quite like Woody Allen. I don't find him hilarious, but I find him funny. I don't really see how you can "not get" his humour, unless I am missing it. It seems so straight-forward to me. He does seem to hold back with it, though. I think he's 10x funnier than his films let on.

I must admit I haven't seen Annie Hall yet, but I've heard only good things about it. I've seen "Everyone Says I Love You", though, and that was quite the good film.

Triple A
02-09-2006, 08:29 AM
I hated Everyone Says I Love You. Like really really hated it.

Lara Emily
02-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Purple Rose of Cairo is a fantastic Woody Allen film.