PDA

View Full Version : Low Ki and ROH sever all ties....crap

Innovator
02-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Ring of Honor and Low Ki, the initial face of the company and first ROH champion, both issued statements early this morning announcing that the two sides would not be working together in the future.

On his official website, Low-Ki.com (http://www.low-ki.com/), Ki wrote, "It is with great regret that I will not be participating in future Ring Of Honor events. Unfortunately, terms and conditions cannot be agreed upon and will end business altogether. My apologies for any inconvenience towards the fans of this company and who have supported me in throughout my tenure as a member of the company."
ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky soon followed up on the ROH message board (http://www.rohwrestling.com/), commenting, "There has been a disagreement in business arrangements between Low Ki and ROH management. Low Ki has canceled all his ROH bookings as stated in a headline at Low-Ki.com. We will announce new matches for the ones that Ki has already been advertised in next week. This will mark the end of Low Ki in ROH. We are sorry things turned out this way and apologize to the ROH fans for the lineup changes."

Ki, who has butted heads with Sapolsky in the past, was booked for several main events including 2/11 in Long Island, New York vs. Roderick Strong, ROH's ECW Arena debut on 3/11 (Ki & Christopher Daniels vs. Bryan Danielson & Samoa Joe) and a reprisal of the first ROH main event (a Three-Way with Bryan Danielson, Ki, and Christopher Daniels) on 4/22. Whatever plans were already in motion, ROH will have to start from scratch and rebook. Given the time this story is going to press, it's impossible to contact either party for comment, although I suspect given the wording of the statements that neither side will be interested in elaborating.

When Ring of Honor first debuted in February 2002, Ki was the top draw and star for the promotion. He was the first ROH champion as well. A disagreement between he and Sapolsky led to his departure from the promotion. He returned several months later at ROH's Second Anniversary show. Ki departed again after the Rob Feinstein NBC situation, publicly distancing himself from the company in statements made on his website. He returned to ROH in July 2004, turning heel on Samoa Joe, and had been working alongside Homicide as the two main forces in the Rottweilers. He had major feuds with Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, and Bryan Danielson (among others)during his tenure with the company. A December 2005 singles bout against NOAH's KENTA at Final Battle 2005 was massively praised and is just starting to make the rounds as it was released on VHS and DVD by ROH.
Low-Ki.com (http://www.low-ki.com/) lists Ki as working regularly for Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan as well as competing on 4/8 in the tenth annual ECWA Super 8 tournament in Newark, Delaware. Ki won the 2001 edition of the tournament.

JH
02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
can you say
TNA

hb2k
02-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Wow, Low Ki goes through em like butter

Innovator
02-03-2006, 02:21 PM
can you say
TNAThere was a rumor that he was going back, but that doesn't mean he'd pull off his ROH bookings.

Hell the majority of the X Division are all ROH wrestlers.

The Fugitive
02-03-2006, 02:21 PM
can you say
TNA

Maybe it's late and I'm confusing him with someone else, but for some reason, I'm remembering something about Low-Ki pissing TNA management so much, that he was effectively blacklisted by them.

Am I right with this, or can someone correct me?

Rob
02-03-2006, 02:34 PM
You'd think he was a star player or something.

Savio
02-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Meh [/slim]

Mr. JL
02-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Besides the match with KENTA in 2005, I have not really heard much (positive) about Low Ki since 2002 and 2003.

JH
02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
he did piss them off but supposedly they settled everything awhile back
i just hope he comes back to tna

thecc
02-03-2006, 03:51 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was looking foward to seeing him wrestle Roderick Strong next saturday. I have front row tickets too.

Sting Fan
02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Rumour does have it forces winthin TNA want him back but I dont know, tbh I dont think he is worth the trouble he seems to leave in his wake.

redoneja
02-03-2006, 04:43 PM
You'd think he was a star player or something.

Innovator
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was looking foward to seeing him wrestle Roderick Strong next saturday. I have front row tickets too.I was counting the days till the Era of Honor Begins rematch, American Dragon vs. Low Ki vs. Fallen Angel

blake639raw
02-03-2006, 06:27 PM
I was just about to post this. First Abyss, now this. I can't believe Ki quit. Sounds to me like the fucking drama queen didn't wanna job to Roderick Strong, but I won't speculate. Regardless of what some people on here may think, Ki is easily one of ROH's top draws, and this is a big blow to ROH. I was really looking forward to Ki/Daniels/Dragon again, as well as a possible Joe/Ki rematch. If he's leaving to go to TNA, I hope ROH doesn't take his ass back when he gets fed up with the politics there.