PDA

View Full Version : Review Of Bloodsport ECW's most violent matches

mrslackalack
02-07-2006, 09:19 PM
What I liked: ECW theme song on there, no WWE logo on the bottom. some great matches. Heyman was great in introducing the matches and hinted that more ECW DVD's will be on the way. (Bloodsport 2 has already been confirmed) Heyman handpicked the matches

What I disliked: Some of the matches was too short, most matches were already on ECW DVD's relased by Pioneer, DVD is only 5 Hours 15 minutes long (all the other 2 Disc sets are 6 Hrs.) wished there was somemore alt. commentary for the matches instead of just one match

Also there must have been an error becuase the Tazz/Douglas Gulity as Charged 99 title match is not on there instead its the good but short rematch from Hardcore TV a week later.

Overall: 9/10 Must have for anyone that wants more ECW matches or wants to see what ECW is all about.

Xero
02-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Does Sandman have Enter Sandman as his theme?

mrslackalack
02-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Nope the music is still dubbed. What I meant was the ECW theme song This is Extreme is on the dvd.

Xero
02-07-2006, 09:28 PM
You just false advertised. :(

PorkSoda
02-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Why can't they use Enter Sandman?

Gonna go pick this up tommorow. Looks sweet.

Xero
02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
They don't have the rights for most of ECW's music.

They were so assy that they just paid to use it for the live PPV and redubbed it (and the fans singing) on the DVD of One Night Stand...

mrslackalack
02-07-2006, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=PorkSoda]Why can't they use Enter Sandman?

QUOTE]

WWE can, but they have to pay rights for every theme song that is not theirs, and we know how cheap they are when they block out Ventura's voice for commentating on most DVDs.

mrslackalack
02-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Most of the matches on the DVD started when they started to introducing the match. Sandman was in the ring already in all the matches he was in on the DVD.

Stickman
02-08-2006, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=PorkSoda]Why can't they use Enter Sandman?

QUOTE]

WWE can, but they have to pay rights for every theme song that is not theirs, and we know how cheap they are when they block out Ventura's voice for commentating on most DVDs.

Why do the block out the Body's voice?

Xero
02-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Why do the block out the Body's voice?
They don't have the rights. When Jesse signed his contract he only signed it for the live tapings I've heard. So when they released stuff with him on video he started to sue. The WWE now makes everyone on TV sign a waiver or something so they own all the footage themselves.

Sadistic
02-08-2006, 09:25 AM
What kind of extras are there?

Xero
02-08-2006, 09:38 AM
No Nick Mondo, you wouldn't be interested.

Although New Jack's on the DVD....

Sadistic
02-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Xero why do you care about the DVD? Isn't it all just spotfest matches?

Xero
02-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Most of them have psychology. :y:

Why did you return, anyway, prick?

mrslackalack
02-08-2006, 10:07 AM
The extras are short but sweet. Justin Credible talks about his reign as ECW champ, Pitbull 1 talks about the Pitbulls. Joey Styles and Axl Rotten talk about the Tapei Death match. Various ECW wrestlers talk about the blood in ECW. Danny Doring and Roadkill talk about getting into the business. CW Anderson talks about the I quit match he had with Dreamer, and one extra match which was Public Enemy's farewell match against the Gangstas in Jan 96.

Disturbed316
02-08-2006, 10:47 AM
All the Tagged Classic dvd's over here still have Ventura's commentry on.

Xero
02-08-2006, 11:22 AM
All the Tagged Classic dvd's over here still have Ventura's commentry on.
The licensing might be different for other countries.

Disturbed316
02-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I seriously doubt it. I can't see why Ventura would be happy about the commentry appearing on PAL version's and not NTSC.

Sadistic
02-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Although New Jack's on the DVD....

You know he's actually not, right?

Xero
02-08-2006, 03:51 PM
I seriously doubt it. I can't see why Ventura would be happy about the commentry appearing on PAL version's and not NTSC.
He may have only sued and won for American rights.

Xero
02-08-2006, 03:52 PM
You're right, I must be thinking about Volume 2...

Sadistic
02-08-2006, 03:55 PM
You're right, I must be thinking about Volume 2...

I think WWE aren't aloud to use him for legal reasons?

I remember reading something like the DVD sucks because guys like Raven and New Jack can't be put on it.

Xero
02-08-2006, 03:58 PM
The WWE owns the rights to all the footage, they can use it any way they want. If anything, especially for Raven, they won't put him on the DVD(s) because he's in TNA...

The Show Off
02-08-2006, 04:01 PM

New Jack is in it in the match between Public Enemy and The Gangstas

Sadistic
02-08-2006, 04:02 PM
That means with New Jack they must fear the MTV Promotion as a threat :|

mrslackalack
02-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah only one match New Jack was in, only one short Rhyno match ,one Dudleyz match one Spike match and no Raven matches on VOl. 1

The Heat
02-08-2006, 09:53 PM
It looked sweet on the ad for the DVD. I didn't get to see much of ECW[aside from the HHH/Taz cross-promotion match on SD in 2000] and the time it was on TNN in '99[which I missed most of Taz's career, Dreamer/Sandman, Dudleys, etc]. But from what I saw of it, ECW was definetely more "hardcore" and unpredictable than the boring WWE of today.

I just hope WWE are smart enough to use RVD and bring ECW back. Especially since they've decided to do One Night Stand 2.

Xero
02-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Wait, what Triple H/Tazz cross promotion? Tazz debuted at the Royal Rumble that year.

Dorkchop
02-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Wait, what Triple H/Tazz cross promotion? Tazz debuted at the Royal Rumble that year.

Tazz did debut at the Rumble that year, but was allowed to wrestle Mike Awesome for the ECW heavyweight title. Awesome signed with WCW while he was still their champ, and knowing WCW they probably wanted him to show up on Nitro and crap all over the title. Tazz won, the WWE aknowledged it, and faced HHH on Smackdown (champion vs champion) and was pretty much burried if I remember correctly. He lost to Dreamer a couple of days after.

Xero
02-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Tazz did debut at the Rumble that year, but was allowed to wrestle Mike Awesome for the ECW heavyweight title. Awesome signed with WCW while he was still their champ, and knowing WCW they probably wanted him to show up on Nitro and crap all over the title. Tazz won, the WWE aknowledged it, and faced HHH on Smackdown (champion vs champion) and was pretty much burried if I remember correctly. He lost to Dreamer a couple of days after.
Oh, yeah. Now I (vaguly) remember that. I wouldn't exactly call it cross-promotion as Tazz was TECHNICALLY in the WWE.