PDA

View Full Version : Can Delhomme be compared to Kurt Warner?

BCWWF
01-29-2004, 11:38 PM
First of all, if I spelled his name wrong tell me so I can correct it. Second I have a feeling I will get flamed and have random stats thrown at me.

They have similar stories, but a lot of people say Warner was a better QB. I am just wondering what makes Warner better than Delhomme this year, considering Warner had the Warner Brothers and Marshall Faulk. Really all Delhomme has is the running back. So do you think they are comparable or who is better and why?

DaveWadding
01-29-2004, 11:41 PM
No. You know why?

Because Warner is the man, and Delhomme isn't.

#1-norm-fan
01-30-2004, 03:00 AM
I don't think Delhomme could be compared to Warner yet. Most of the year, the Panthers running game was what everyone was talking about. Delhomme just started getting noticed late in the year.

Gertner
01-30-2004, 08:03 AM
warner because of his receivers. Bruce, Holt and at the time Hakim, Prohel.

Splaya
01-30-2004, 10:39 AM
warner because of his receivers. Bruce, Holt and at the time Hakim, Prohel.

Next year (when Kurt is renamed the starter) he will have Hol, hopefully Bruce, Looker and Faulk as WR's. Faulk is generally considered a RB/WR because of all the screen passes he completes.

MoRcHeEbA
01-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Kurt is gonna be released as a cap cut

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Nah Warner produced more points in the offense.

You can make an arguement about the WRs, but Panthers WR's arent too shabby either though.

VonErich Lives
01-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Kurt is gonna be released as a cap cut

Bingo.

He probably should be kept but Martz is an idiot.

MoRcHeEbA
01-30-2004, 04:53 PM
what's the deal with Ty Law is he gonna stay with the pats or what? if they can't afford to keep him any rumors where he's goin?

BCWWF
01-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Probably Minnesota :shifty:

Gertner
01-30-2004, 07:04 PM
The Lions. He played at Michigan and the lions are $13 mill under the cap this year. DON'T GO TY!!!!!!!!!

#1-norm-fan
01-30-2004, 07:05 PM
I'd guess Pittsburgh may be a candidate if Law can't stay in NE.

The Outlaw
01-31-2004, 01:22 AM
Yeah they are saying he is the next Milloy.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-31-2004, 01:25 AM
Somebody will set it up and replace him, I was worried about it at 1st. But then I remember back when Milloy was released, and how Wilson has stepped it up. Wilson has been knocking heads ever since, he's the man.

BCWWF
01-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah, and Milloy is really prospering in Buffalo under his new contract

VonErich Lives
01-31-2004, 05:14 AM
what's the deal with Ty Law is he gonna stay with the pats or what? if they can't afford to keep him any rumors where he's goin?

He wont go anywhere this year, he played 1/2 the seaosn injured and was a top 3 CB.

They'll will probably take his numbers next year, it's the year after where it goes over 10mil that they wont pay'em.

Now, that being said, they will try and renegotiate. Many players have done this (a lot taken pay cuts). Law has always said he wouldn't take a pay cut. something like "Yes, the last few years of my contract I may be overpaid, but the first few years I was the best in the league and not paid like it, so it all evens out".

I think the pats will renegotiate a deal. Less money per year, bigger signing bonus, this gives him more money, but lets the Pats spread it out. In the NFL there is no gaurentee, but if it's a short 2-5yr deal and the Pats cut him, they'd get killed on the cap due to a big bonus.

Part of the reason Milloy was let go, he simply wasn't worth the money. Look at some numbers over the last few years.

Law on the otherhand, is worth the money.

If he leaves NE, honesty, there have been no rumors yet... probably because everyone is assuming he's back in NE, anyone who has a "rumor" it's something probably made up by a caller to a radio show taking a guess.

If I was to guess... I dunno...

Would probably be a contender.... He went to Michigan, but Detroit isn't close. He grew up in PA, but they don't look close either.

Honestly, my wild guess if they got the cap to work would be buffalo.

I'm not sure where he lives in the offseason... that could be a possibility.

But, if I was betting, I'd bet he'll be back next season.

road doggy dogg
01-31-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm still not sold at all on Delhomme.

Honestly, he's not carrying his team at all. Their defense is doing all the work. And that guy, what's his name? Oh yeah, Stephen Davis.

It's not that Delhomme is by any means "bad", but I don't feel he's under-rated in any sense of the word at all. Hell, even Joey Harrington throws a decent pass once in a while.

The Icon of Elisim
01-31-2004, 04:09 PM
The guy isn't under rated. Fact is that his stats aren't spectacular but they are good enough to win. The Panthers offence starts at the running game. Even when Davis went out in the Rams game they still ran 20+ times with Foster. If Delhomme didn't have those two he wouldn't be winning.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Hell, even Joey Harrington throws a decent pass once in a while.
haha if Harrington was on a better team then the Lions he'd be throwing decent passes a lot more then just once in a while

Mister Sinister
02-02-2004, 05:36 PM
The guy isn't under rated. Fact is that his stats aren't spectacular but they are good enough to win. The Panthers offence starts at the running game. Even when Davis went out in the Rams game they still ran 20+ times with Foster. If Delhomme didn't have those two he wouldn't be winning.

He Almost won them the Superbowl! Yeah I guess you're right, Keyword is Almost

The Outlaw
02-02-2004, 06:53 PM
I thought he shoulda won the MVP myself.

Whoever said that he wasn't a Super Bowl caliber QB needs to check theirself.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-02-2004, 06:59 PM
You thought the losing QB who had almost identical stats to the winning QB should have won the MVP?

Yeah I wasn't surprised he did as good as he did towards the end, 2 safeties where in there for the last 9+ minutes that get no time whats so ever. But even before that he was doing pretty good, a few long passes and I'm surprised the Pats D didnt pick him off at all either. I was expecting atleast one, but whatever my homeboy Mike Vrabel blindsided him and he put that ishhh on the turf :cool:

The Icon of Elisim
02-02-2004, 07:39 PM
He Almost won them the Superbowl! Yeah I guess you're right, Keyword is Almost

He had a very nice game. Aside from going 1 for 9 for the first 27 minutes.

BTW the majority of his yards and touchdowns came when the Pats lost Rodney Harrison and were playing with backups at safety.

Watch the touchdown to Muhamad for example, that easily could have been stopped with better safety play.

samichna
02-02-2004, 07:44 PM
GO ARGOS

Supreme Olajuwon
02-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Two of Delhommes TD passes were because of the Pats screwing up their zone coverage

Im not saying hes bad, but if Jon Kitna can have a 89.0 QB rating, anything can happen

also Steve Smith has franchise written all over him. he made Poole his bitch on that one screen pass

BCWWF
02-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Take away Faulk especially, then maybe Holt and Bruce, and Warner wouldn't have been as good either. You can say that for any quarterback, but the fact stands that the Warner Brothers were a lot better then Steve Smith.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Yea that's true, 2 tottally unheard of guys came in as backup safeties. I've only seen them on special teams before, I've never actaully seen them in on a normal play.

The Dub
02-03-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't think you should compare Jake Delhomme to anyone. He is Jake Delhomme. I don't see any similarities to Kurt Warner and I don't see Jake losing his starting job after his fifteen minutes of fame are up like Kurt. Jake Delhomme is just getting started and I see Pro Bowls in this guy's future. And, yes I am biased because he is from Louisiana also.

The Outlaw
02-03-2004, 03:54 PM
You thought the losing QB who had almost identical stats to the winning QB should have won the MVP?

Well, let me rephrase what I meant. I thought he got a good shot at getting it. I thought he put his team in a state to win by himself. Davis you say? 13 attempts for 49 yards. He had no help with the so called awesome running game, and he had no help with his defense that has been talked about. He COULD have had some help with Foster, but obviously they thought Davis (13-49-0) was running better than Foster (3-43-1). I'm not sure but the hometown boy A. Smith had a better running game than the Panthers by himself. Delhomme didn't have anything to bail him out, I guess that's why I thought he had a shot at it.

Especially considering he started 1-9 for 1 yard and ended with something like 16-31 for over 300, 3 tds, and no picks.

Also, I am definately not against giving the MVP to somebody for the losing team.

VonErich Lives
02-03-2004, 05:08 PM
I don't think you should compare Jake Delhomme to anyone. He is Jake Delhomme. I don't see any similarities to Kurt Warner and I don't see Jake losing his starting job after his fifteen minutes of fame are up like Kurt. Jake Delhomme is just getting started and I see Pro Bowls in this guy's future. And, yes I am biased because he is from Louisiana also.

If Kurt never got injured he never would have lost the job.

Then again, if Tent Green never got injured, we wouldn't know who Kurt Warner is.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Well, let me rephrase what I meant. I thought he got a good shot at getting it. I thought he put his team in a state to win by himself. Davis you say? 13 attempts for 49 yards. He had no help with the so called awesome running game, and he had no help with his defense that has been talked about. He COULD have had some help with Foster, but obviously they thought Davis (13-49-0) was running better than Foster (3-43-1). I'm not sure but the hometown boy A. Smith had a better running game than the Panthers by himself. Delhomme didn't have anything to bail him out, I guess that's why I thought he had a shot at it.

Especially considering he started 1-9 for 1 yard and ended with something like 16-31 for over 300, 3 tds, and no picks.

Also, I am definately not against giving the MVP to somebody for the losing team.MVP should def going to a member on the winning team.

Especially in this case, Brady had a better game + he led his team to victory.

VonErich Lives
02-03-2004, 06:02 PM
MVP should def going to a member on the winning team.

Especially in this case, Brady had a better game + he led his team to victory.

Someone on WEEI (local refrence) brought up the MVP could have gone to the Offensive Line... no sacks, able to rush, etc... against the "best DL in the league".

The Outlaw
02-03-2004, 06:10 PM
I've seen basketball tournaments where the MVP is on the losing team.

And I do believe they said on ESPN that the super bowl MVP has gone to a member of the losing team before.

I am not taking ANYTHING away from Brady, he had a helluva game, and he deserves everything he is getting right now considering how he got to where he is. I'm just saying that I don't think it should be mandatory for the MVP to go to someone of the winning team.

Again, I'm not saying Brady SHOULDN'T have got it.

The Outlaw
02-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Someone on WEEI (local refrence) brought up the MVP could have gone to the Offensive Line... no sacks, able to rush, etc... against the "best DL in the league".

I dunno, yeah they did an awesome job preventing the sacks but I saw some pressure applied, mainly during the first half.

But they did do an awesome job. A lot better than many expected.

VonErich Lives
02-03-2004, 06:45 PM
I dunno, yeah they did an awesome job preventing the sacks but I saw some pressure applied, mainly during the first half.

But they did do an awesome job. A lot better than many expected.

There was some pressure, but not much...

I still would have voted for Vrabel myself... but it was a tough call... could have made a case for a few people (including Brady).

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-03-2004, 08:41 PM

But they did do an awesome job. A lot better than many expected.They got A LITTLE pressure, but not much at all

Brady didn't even get knocked down once :cool:

I guess Warren Sapp was wrong like usual hahaha

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Plus they had 137 Rushing Yards if you take away the Troy Browns failed reverse attempt

The Outlaw
02-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Yeah, gotta give mad props to the Line. I didn't expect them to rush like they did.

SOme bastard told me that being an Offensive Lineman was the easiest job ever. Needless to say, he received a bruised arm and an explanation on why it is not easy at all.

Corkscrewed
02-06-2004, 02:21 AM
He's not a bad player, but he works hard and gets things done. It's not the best, but it works, so in that sense, I think he's good.

But take away the defense or some of the O-line and he's dead.