PDA

View Full Version : With all the talk about the Orton/Rey/Eddie crap...

darkpower
02-12-2006, 01:54 AM
...the untintentional burying of the intended main event of No Way Out, Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker for WHC, is in the process of happening.

And honestly, I don't see why people are making this be an overshadowed one.

Say what you want about the Undertaker, but he's been in the business for a long time (and I've always been a Taker mark, do NOT ask why, but I've always liked the guy for some odd reason). And he's still got some :shifty: ...talent. I do remember in 2003, when Taker/Angle faced off on SmackDown (back when Angle and Brock Lesner was busy having the feud of the year at that point, was the week before the Lesner/Angle Ironman Match), and judging from that alone, that was a DAMN good, well done match, surprising when considering all of the alleged critisism that Taker has had about his attitude backstage and his less than stellar in ring performances.

And let's not forget about Angle, either. We all KNOW that he can kick ass in the ring. We all know just how much he is willing to work to put on a good match. Hell, the Mark Henry match sucked, but Angle worked his ass off to carry the guy (both figuratively and litterly), and I think he's always done that. Plus, the only time when we questioned his character (to my knowledge) was the ill-fated issue with Daniel Puter, which turned out to be a non-issue in the end. So it's obvious that, when called upon, he can put on a GREAT match (and I don't think I have to remind anyone about the matches he had against Shawn Michaels, since everyone hopefully knows how good they were).

So what do you guys think about this main event for NWO? You think people are going to want to stay for this one? And do you think this will be a surprisingly good match?

McLegend
02-12-2006, 01:57 AM
I think it will be a really good match, and as I have said before their match on SD is my one of my favorite matches ever.

James Steele
02-12-2006, 02:01 AM
I think it will be a great match as long as they don't overdue the Undertaker gimmick in it. (IE. the sit-up and eyes-roll-back-in-the-head-as-all-hell-breaks-loose thing after Taker takes 8 Angle Slams and gets his ankle broken in the Anklelock.)

St. Jimmy
02-12-2006, 02:30 AM
i was laughing my ass off today watching "Big Daddy" on USA.
the local Comcast PPV commercial was showing Taker V.S Batista.
i was like "wtf" then i realised that:
"oh, right, that was before fat ass injured him".

so no hoss fight. oh. i am ever so sad. =/

Lock Jaw
02-12-2006, 02:37 AM
The Angle/Taker matches have been real good in my opinion. Of course that was when Undertaker was alive. I don't think they've ever fought when he was "dead".

Cuzziebro
02-12-2006, 02:45 AM
The Angle/Taker matches have been real good in my opinion. Of course that was when Undertaker was alive. I don't think they've ever fought when he was "dead".

They did when they came over to Australia for the Dead Man Tour. It was actually quite a good match except Taker did the whole sit up eye roll shit he does everytime which is okay sometimes. But yeah they had a real good match.

Kane Knight
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
The only thing saving that match frm being total shit is Kurt Fucking Angle.

I look forward to this no more than the RR Maine Event, and at least then, I got to see the Rumble.

Batsu
02-12-2006, 12:55 PM
The only thing saving that match frm being total shit is Kurt Fucking Angle.

I look forward to this no more than the RR Maine Event, and at least then, I got to see the Rumble.

Yep.

I like Undertaker, like I said before... but I think we can all see that the "Deadman" is really starting to look the part, to no fault of his own. It just doesn't seem like he's into it much anymore. Makes me wonder if he's going to retire soon. I liked his matches with Angle though. On a comical level, and otherwise. Undertaker's actually one of the better big guys when he's on his game. In retrospect, I really enjoyed his feuds with Brock Lesnar.

Kane Knight
02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
It is partially his fault. I don't blame him for being bored with it, but he's old and boring. It is quite his fault.

manmadeofsteel
02-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Undertaker Vs Kurt Angle for the Smackdown title sounds great. Hope it doesn't end up in a disqualification owing to Randy Orton or Mark Henry.

Corkscrewed
02-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I will respectfully disagree with KK's distaste toward Taker, since I'm a Taker mark myself (same reason as Darkpower; I've always loved the guy). But I think the disinterest here is more because everyone knows Angle will retain. There's no suspense at all.

... unless the WWE swerves us, has Taker win to take on Orton, who then wins the belt at Wrestlemania to end Taker's streak as well.

Ya know what, I never thought of that. Then Angle takes on Rey or something in some "respect" match.

So what would you say if THAT happened? (I'd favor Angle/Orton/Rey and Taker vs Henry because we don't really need Taker vs Orton Part 93 at this point).

Kane Knight
02-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I don't know why I'd have a differeng opinion from a self-proclaimed fanboy who is still living a nostalgia trip.

I'm sorry, I was once a HUGE Taker fan, but watching him in the ring is painful. I'd rather have the positive memories of the Undertaker gone past, like all those other guys who should be put out to pasture. When Hogan, Flair, 'Taker, etc. step into the ring, another part of my childhood memories (And positive memories of wrestling en generale) dies.

I can suspend disbelief that Taker might win better than I can suspend disbelief that he's still got the talent to be in there.

darkpower
02-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Like I said, I don't know WHY I still like the guy, but I do, because he can still put on good matches. Sure, the guy has lost his step somewhat, and the performances are not as phenominal as they were back during, say 92-93. But still, when called upon, you don't see him getting too lazy out there, and even if he does, he doesn't suck so damn bad that not even someone as high-calibur as Angle is will be able to carry him to a good match (like Mark Henry).

I think Hogan and Flair are way past their prime (yet they still get mad pops when the music hits for either one of them), however, just an FYI.

Kane Knight
02-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Good matches?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh...You were serious?

darkpower
02-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Good matches?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh...You were serious?

Heh...like I said, though...he's lost some step...of course, you hate the Undertaker now, so you'll be quite biased (and I'm still a mark, so I'll be biased, too).

But the one that will matter in the NWO match, the one from SmackDown in 03, WAS a good match, and I'm hoping the NWO match is just as good.

Kane Knight
02-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, it's comparable.

I mean, I hate Taker, you love Taker. PERFECT comparrison!

Except I didn't say I hated Taker. My wording moreso implies I like him, but his in ring work is bad enough I don't want to see him anymore. Slight difference between hating someone and thing they should be put out to pasture.

Come on, man, you have to have a better case than MAKING UP an indictment like that.