PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Jeff Hardy could have become WWE Champion?

Avenger
02-15-2006, 10:00 AM
he was so over and I loved some of his stuff in the ring.

He also had an immense title bout with 'Taker on RAW. Remember that ladder match.

I think he would have made a good transitional champion one day if WWE used him right and built the storyline well.

Xero
02-15-2006, 10:04 AM
I don't think he would have. I always found Matt to be the more likely one to get the title. He had more of "The Look" than Jeff.

TerranRich
02-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Um, how about "Hell No"? WWE champion? Not bloody likely to have ever happened under any circumstances, drug-induced or not.

crock69
02-15-2006, 10:56 AM
In no way do I think that Jeff Hardy would have ever been WWE Champion. I do not ever see him winning the TNA World title either.

Innovator
02-15-2006, 11:05 AM
No

If he actually gave two shits about the business....no

Y3J
02-15-2006, 11:27 AM
No, he was too flimsy.

Stickman
02-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Hardys have no chance.

LK
02-15-2006, 12:32 PM
He was over?

Shadow
02-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Glad I voted yes...ya bastards.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
No way in hell.

manmadeofsteel
02-15-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't think Jeff or Matt have a chance to be the Heavyweigt Champ

Sephiroth
02-15-2006, 01:33 PM
No, Matt is a different story though, when he came back, i really thought they would give him a major title push, but they didn't the way things look like they do now, i doubt it will ever happen for Matt.

I'm still kind of hoping they will change their mind and give him a push, i think he could pull it off and make a good World/WWE champ, even if it is for 1 month...losing it to RVD :$

YEAH!!! I'M DREAMING!!! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN THE WWE :(

Just John
02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
To be honest no, I have no problem with him, but he has Xtremely limited mic skills, and unless it involves ladders his matches aren't very creative.

manmadeofsteel
02-15-2006, 01:43 PM
To be honest no, I have no problem with him, but he has Xtremely limited mic skills, and unless it involves ladders his matches aren't very creative.
I agree and Matt would be better off in the tag team division

Fox
02-15-2006, 01:47 PM
As a transitional champion, like Edge or Mankind, yes, I definitely think he could have been the champ for a few weeks.

As a serious, reigning, undisputed WWE Champion, no way in hell.

Me
02-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Fuck NO

Xero
02-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Glad I voted yes...ya bastards.
What would have warrented a Jeff Hardy title win?

Selling you drugs doesn't count.

allaboutthegame
02-15-2006, 03:13 PM
theoretically he had the wrestling ability to become wwe champ, he could pull off some amazing moves and would happily put his body on the line in order to entertain however his mic skills were crap and he didn't care about the company at all which would mean that vince wouldn't like him and wouldnt give him the needed push. i also felt that matt was more over than the fans than him. if rey mysterio (big if) ever got the championship a ladder match between rey rey and matt hardy would be f'in awesome!

Bad Company
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Yes he could of been.

Boondock Saint
02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Nahz.

V
02-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I really thought he was going to beat Undertaker during that ladder match, I can't remember the last time I was into a match like that. Then again, I was a mark back then.

Even still, if they pushed him and didn't put him through a loosing streak, he could have been champ for 1 month or so, I think.

Joey Slugs
02-15-2006, 03:58 PM
yes yes yes
fuck yes.

Funky Fly
02-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Honestly, those of you who voted yes are retarded.

You heard it here.

<marquee scrollamount=17><font size=20 color=red><b><u><I>RETARDEDEDEDED!</i></u></b></font></marquee>

SuperSlim
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
No there is no chance.. He had no chance.

ThruTheWire
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Well aside from Jeff having no real talent and looking like a complete idiot, sure he could have been champion!

Kane Knight
02-15-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't say no out of a hatred for he Lesser Hardy, I don't say it out of spite or anything, no more that I would condemn a snowball just because I said it stood no chance in Hell...

Even if Jeff wasn't a crackwhore. Even if he wasn't a talentless spotmonkey, even if he threw himself into his work (Not literally, he's already doing that). Even if he had mic skills.

Jeff Hardy isn't 8 feet tall, 400 lbs, and shrivelled in the testicles. He could never be a champion in the WWE.

Sting Fan
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
On any day in the WWE I would have said no, I saw him as a Tag, Euro, IC whatever you wanted to make him bar for world champ.

And yet from the first time he grabbed at the belt in that ladder match with Taker I thought he was going to shock the world. And tbh I think had he won it that night it would have been good for the business in the short term anyway. It would have really shown anything can happen in the WWE.

But as far as any day before or after that night I would say no.

FourFifty
02-16-2006, 01:09 AM
I know one man who has a better shot at that title, and won't get it...

Me!

Redeemer
02-16-2006, 03:31 AM
Sure. Why not

He won every other title in the WWE, so its not like he hadnt worked his way up. His ladder match with Taker is my fav title match ever, because I actually thought he was going to win and pull off this huge upset. It was done extremely well.
And besides, his matches were the best there were before he stopped caring, and thats why he is one of my fav wrestler of all time.

Sad to see so many people hate him, when he was a main reason tag wrestling became "cool" again. And is a main reason TLC matches are around and entertaining. Not many people can entertain as well as he did.

Funky Fly
02-16-2006, 05:04 AM
Sure. Why not

He won every other title in the WWE, so its not like he hadnt worked his way up. His ladder match with Taker is my fav title match ever, because I actually thought he was going to win and pull off this huge upset. It was done extremely well.
And besides, his matches were the best there were before he stopped caring, and thats why he is one of my fav wrestler of all time.

Sad to see so many people hate him, when he was a main reason tag wrestling became "cool" again. And is a main reason TLC matches are around and entertaining. Not many people can entertain as well as he did.
He's really nothing more than a spot monkey. His tag matches were good, yes, but it takes 2 to be an effective tag team. For all of Jeff's airborne antices, Matt was there to add psychology and mat wrestling to the matches. And if his spottiness wan't bad enough, his size would have held him back. And don't bother mentioning Bret and Shawn. They were champs shortly after the whole steroid trial fiasco. I doubt they'd have gotten as far otherwise, despite their overwhelming talent.

And winning all the other titles means little. Tell that to Ted Dibiase, a man who has more wrestling talent in his pinky than more than half the current WWE roster. And there are many others like him.

It's not so much that a lot of the guys here hate him, so much as they don't see him as being a credible champ. I'm not saying that all the people here don't hate him, either.

I probably wouldn't have bothered to type this if not for the fact that you're new.

Bad Company
02-16-2006, 05:31 AM
He was over enough that he could of won the title and brought a real breath of fresh air into the title heritage, and the direction of the WWE. Easy as that.

Funky Fly
02-16-2006, 05:43 AM
He was over enough that he could of won the title and brought a real breath of fresh air into the title heritage, and the direction of the WWE. Easy as that.
In that Taker match, they could have given it to him for like 3 weeks, until people realized that he is fucking Jeff Hardy.

Dave Youell
02-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Go back to the first TLC back in Carolina where he seemed to give a fuck about wrestling, IF he kept that same mind set and bulked up and improved his move set and improved his mic skills. Sure he could.

But most people could of done the same

The Mackem
02-16-2006, 08:09 AM
*could have

Don't let Jeff Hardy ruin your grammar Dave

Dave Youell
02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
*could have

Don't let Jeff Hardy ruin your grammar Dave
I blame shadow

Shadow
02-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I blame your mom.

Chavo Classic
02-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Too unreliable to be made the top dog.

BlackDawn2024
02-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree that Jeff could have easily been a transitional champion, but that's about it. An Edge-like three week reign or something could have been okay, but as a solid 5 month title holder? No.

Regardless, the ladder match with Taker is a great match, and would have been a good way to give it to him.

Avenger
02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
When I said he could have been champion, I mean just around that time when he had the ladder match with Taker. A one month title run there would have been a great underdog story for a month with Taker taking the belt back at the next PPV and going onto feud with some main eventer. I'm not saying Hardy could ever have had a Cena-esque run.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 05:43 PM
I blame your mom.

His mom is Jeff Hardyz mom? I blame her too. All that crack while she was pregnant. Come in, it fucking ALTERED HIS HAIR AND SKIN!

Stupid North Carolinians...

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Too unreliable to be made the top dog.

Too unreliable to be given the belt.

"Uhhh, dude...I totally spaced out...I left the title on the plane..."

The Naitch
02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
haha Shadow voted yes

Xero
02-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Too unreliable to be given the belt.

"Uhhh, dude...I totally spaced out...I left the title on the plane..."
(The next week...)

Shannon Moore (on Impact! with the title): I WON THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP! :D

The Naitch
02-16-2006, 06:06 PM
"Uh, Vince, I was with this crackwhore, and she asked me if she could see the title and I let her hold it. Then when I asked her if I can have my title back, she said "What title?"

Fox
02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
JEFF: "Uh, Vince, I was with this crackwhore, and she asked me if she could see the title and I let her hold it. Then when I asked her if I can have my title back, she said "What title?"

VINCE: Don't worry, Stephanie brought it back to me this morning.

(He hands the WWE Title back to Jeff.)

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 06:18 PM
(The next week...)

Shannon Moore (on Impact! with the title): I WON THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP! :D

(Okay, so I didn't win it, I just found it in the bag the dogs were all sniffing at...)

Avenger
02-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Ok I have a confession...

I'm a... a... a... Jeff Hardy mark :(

I feel so dirty.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 07:18 PM
You feel dirty? I'm having sex with Shadow and Shannon Moore.

I prefer Girl guy girl, but I've had to settle.

Avenger
02-16-2006, 07:19 PM
For what? Girl Girl Girl

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!

sorry

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 07:38 PM
If I didn't pee sitting down, I'd kill you for that.

Xero
02-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok I have a confession...

I'm a... a... a... Jeff Hardy mark :(

I feel so dirty.
As long as you smoke some pot when you mark out it's okay. It's been said that RVD has marked out for Jeff at times while high.

Y3J
02-16-2006, 07:43 PM
As long as you smoke some pot when you mark out it's okay. It's been said that RVD has marked out for Jeff at times while high.

That's probably the reason he marks out in the first place.

Xero
02-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, yeah. RVD may be a spot monkey fan, and is one himself, but even he has his limits (except while high).

starfox8500
02-16-2006, 08:05 PM
No

If he actually gave two shits about the business....no

So you think it will happen? :p

Xero
02-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Why do you have an avatar of Jeff after getting a facial from an alien?

starfox8500
02-16-2006, 08:16 PM
*Covers up Avi.*

:shifty: what are you talking about?

Shadow
02-16-2006, 11:51 PM
He means the avatar of Jeff with the alien cum all over his face you moron.

Also...you have a Jeff Hardy avatar....and a Chirs Masters custom title. Please be removing yourself from the gene pool now.

I might be a Jeff Hardy fan but...there are limits.

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, even he's not stoned enough to be a MAsters fan.

Fox
02-17-2006, 12:36 AM
"That Masterlock is like... whoooaaaa."