PDA

View Full Version : Comparing WWE's (both brands) tag division to TNA's tag division

Somebody's Gotta Die
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
TNA TAG-TEAM DIVISION

Donavan Morgan - Border Patrol -> not officially signed yet, but definitely deserving of a contract... Top indy talent...
Michael Modest - Border Patrol -> see Morgan...

Bubba Deadly - Team 3D -> recognizable and talented... One of the best teams in wrestling history...
Devon Deadly - Team 3D -> see above...

James Storm - America's Most Wanted -> a nice team that has established itself over the years... No longer green rookies...
Chris Harris - America's Most Wanted -> see above...

Petey Williams - Team Canada -> I like Team Canada altogether and it's nice to have this type of stable around without political storylines...
Scott D'Amore - Team Canada -> see above...
A1 - Team Canada -> see above...
Bobby Roode - Team Canada -> see above...
Eric Young - Team Canada -> see above...

Chase Stevens - Naturals -> meh, remind me of the Heart Throbs, good workers but nothing that fans will remember...
Andy Douglas - Naturals -> see above...

Konnan - Latin American Exchange -> still a charismatic veteran to this day... I like this new stable...
Homicide - Latin American Exchange -> see above...
Apolo - Latin American Exchange - see above...

Kip James - James Gang - legendary established tag-team that's nice to still have around
BG James - James Gang - see above...

Simon Diamond - Diamonds In The Rough -> good stable to have around, simialr to the JOB Squad
Elix Skipper - Diamonds In The Rough -> deserves better, solid cruiserweight
David Young - Diamonds In The Rough -> nothing amazing, but a decent worker

-> So 8 teams, two of whom are very established and well recognized, Team 3D and James Gang, and some up-and-coming teams like AMW and LAE...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE TAG-TEAM DIVISION

Johnny Nitro - MNM -> pretty much the most established team and they are pretty new, good team thouhg
Joey Mercury - MNM -> see above

Psicosis - Mexicools -> great to see these guys on WWE TV altogether... Getting over nicely...
Super Crazy - Mexicools -> see above

Nunzio - Full Blooded Italians -> haven't seen much of them as a team, but Nunzio is a cruiserweight regular
Big Vito - Full Blooded Italians -> has been randomly floating around since being signed

Todd Shane - Gymini -> I like this new team and I'm sure they'll get away from this gimmick down the road...
Mike Shane - Gymini -> see above...

Ken Doane - Spirit Squad -> stupid gimmick, lame green superstars overall and the worst way to showcase them...
Mike Mondo - Spirit Squad --> see above...
Nick Nemeth - Spirit Squad --> see above...
Johnny Jeter - Spirit Squad --> see above...
Nick Mitchell - Spirit Squad --> see above...

Chad Dick - The Dicks -> yet another ridiculously stupid gimmick... Green...
James Dick - The Dicks -> see above...

London - Misused Cruiserweights? -> both guys can work amazing matches but have jobbed regularly, both in tag and singles matches...
Kendrick - Misused Cruiserweights? -> see above...

Tomko - Goatee Boys? -> get on HEAT every week and get a pointless win although they don't even team that often...
Snitsky - Goatee Boys? -> see above...

Viscera - V Squared? -> this man should be released altogether and is a half-decent talent at best...
Val Venis - V Squared? -> deserves another solid run, quite a performer and always puts on well worked matches

-> So 9 teams between both brands, 3 of whom don't even have a team name and don't team on a regular basis... Not to mention many of the talents are quite weak overall such as Snitsky or Viscera...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's fair to conclude which company is better for tag-team wrestling...

I don't understand how WWE hasn't realized it's time to either unite the brands or make the tag titles a multibrand thing...

D Mac
02-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Wow, a real thread by you that does'nt have to do with at certain someone who you seem to wanted to shove down our throats.

Innovator
02-16-2006, 03:51 PM
have you even seen the Spirit Squad in the ring? Doane and Jeter are the goods

dablackguy
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
You missed Kane and Big Show

The Show Off
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
That's a pretty comprehensive post with the exception of two things...

1. Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens are both tremendous wrestlers and are really good tag team wrestlers. They were a little green a year and a half ago butb they have rounded into form and are really underused at the moment, with good cause when you have Team 3D and AMW, but if you look at all there matches they are great. There match against Team Canada at Slammavirsary was the best of the show next to the X-Division championship, and there match against AMW at Bound for Glory was a well played match. The Naturals do not even have a similar gimmick to The Heartthrobs, the Heartthrobs showed me nothing in the few times I saw then, granted they were getting squshed by The Big Show or Kane, or both.

2. I know the point of your thread is to show how anemic the tag team division in WWE is compaired to TNA, but even in that point you are giving them far too much credit. The teams of Gymini, Vito & Nunzio, Tomko & Snitsky, and Spirit Squad very very rarley, if ever, wrestle on the real WWE shows, I don't count Heat and Velocity, and Vicera & Val Venis and The Dicks aren't even close to getting a Tag Title shot. So that leaves us with MNM, The Mexicools, Spanky & London, and a team you missed Big Show & Kane as the only real viable tag teams being used in WWE. So that's really just 4 real tag teams that are being utilized, 3 on Smackdown and 1 on Raw.

Fox
02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
You missed Kane and Big Show

Which is unfortunate, considering they're the World Tag Team Champions.

WWE's tag team, Cruiserweight, Intercontinental and Women's have basically been killed off to the point where they have no credibility. I think they should focus more on the wrestling portion of the show, and less on the fucking lame storylines.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Woah woah woah woah woah...

...WWE has a tag division? Which show?

Y3J
02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
WHO'S GOT SPIRIT?

:rofl:

Xero
02-16-2006, 06:30 PM

House shows...

Y3J
02-16-2006, 06:30 PM

WWE 24/7 Online (http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/247online/)

PullMyFinger
02-16-2006, 06:34 PM

LOL

Yeah, TNA has the better tag teams. Whenever WWE has tag team going on, I normally think, "ok snoozefest!" Some of those X Division wrestlers paired up in a tag team are extremely fun to watch.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 06:36 PM
House shows...

BAZING!

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 06:42 PM
LOL

Yeah, TNA has the better tag teams. Whenever WWE has tag team going on, I normally think, "ok snoozefest!" Some of those X Division wrestlers paired up in a tag team are extremely fun to watch.

And their "big" teams feel it. Sure, the Dudleyz aren't around, but 3-D still feels like they deserve the time. I see Show and Kane as tag champs and I think (And don't get me wrong, because the two have decent chemistry), "Wow, random pairing of upper midcarders who should be used to make single wrestlers look good." MNM makes me think "Wow, so dressing alike doesn't make a team work." And those are the fucking Champions. Least, they were last I knew. Have Show and KAne lost? They don't mention the titles much...

Smackdown uses their tag team division somewhat better, but not by much...

Xero
02-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Kane and Show have defended the titles like twice...

Y3J
02-16-2006, 06:45 PM
...twice.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Kane and Show have defended the titles like twice...

Wasn't that like...Two months ago too?

I'm as big a fan of slapping tag titles on people only to give them singles "pushes" that would result in forgetting about the titles as anyone, but still...

JH
02-17-2006, 08:25 AM

yea i think most people have that same reaction

i'm like everybody else why did you miss show & kane
also the naturals are one of the most solid tag teams in wrestling right now and all you have to do to prove that is to look at the matches the show off brought up

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 10:33 AM
i'm like everybody else why did you miss show & kane

What the Hell were you tyring to say?

manmadeofsteel
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Wwe had some great Tag Teams for the past few year
The Dudleys
Hardy Boyz
E & C Connection
Team Angle
The New Age Outlaws
Loss Gurreros
The Bashams
and many others

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Wwe had some great Tag Teams for the past few year
The Dudleys
Hardy Boyz
E & C Connection
Team Angle
The New Age Outlaws
Loss Gurreros
The Bashams
and many others

Most of those have not been tag teams within the WWE for a long time now.

manmadeofsteel
02-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I agree but they were great as a tag team

wwefan4life
02-17-2006, 01:53 PM
did your candy ass forgot the british bulldogs
the harts, the road warriors,the steiner brothers and the biggest team of fan4life and Xero's candy ass.
Kiss me ass arrrr.....

Xero
02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Okay, now he's just spamming... It was fun, but... Come on, ban the fucker.

PullMyFinger
02-17-2006, 03:16 PM
And their "big" teams feel it. Sure, the Dudleyz aren't around, but 3-D still feels like they deserve the time. I see Show and Kane as tag champs and I think (And don't get me wrong, because the two have decent chemistry), "Wow, random pairing of upper midcarders who should be used to make single wrestlers look good." MNM makes me think "Wow, so dressing alike doesn't make a team work." And those are the fucking Champions. Least, they were last I knew. Have Show and KAne lost? They don't mention the titles much...

Smackdown uses their tag team division somewhat better, but not by much...
True, and that's exactly what I think of Kane and Show.

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
did your candy ass forgot the british bulldogs
the harts, the road warriors,the steiner brothers and the biggest team of fan4life and Xero's candy ass.
Kiss me ass arrrr.....

You're obssessed with another man's ass? Seem's kinda...Gay to me.

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
True, and that's exactly what I think of Kane and Show.

I definitely like their chemistry.

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Val Venis & Viscera have a title shot in the near future for the World Tag Team Championship. I hope the WWE doesn't fuck this up and have VV & V get squashed by Kane & Show. I'd personally like to see Shelton get involved and cost Kane & Show the belts (with a returning Charlie Haas helping out). Have Doug Basham show up on RAW, and put him back together with Danny.

That gives you Val Venis & Viscera (as Tag Champs), The Basham Brothers, Kane & Big Show, The World's Greatest Tag Team, Snitsky & Tyson Tomko and two members of The Spirit Squad (I'm thinking Nick Nemeth & Mike Mondo) as your RAW Tag Team Division.