PDA

View Full Version : Sympathy for lady vengence

The Mask
02-18-2006, 06:59 PM
okay, i'm rubbish at describing films without giving most of the plot away, so here is the blurb thing:

When a beautiful 19-year-old girl is charged after confessing to the murder of a 6-year-old boy, she's sentenced to a long term in prison. After 13 years of impeccable behaviour, she's released intent on revenge against her accomplice who betrayed her with the help of her prison mates.

anyway, i saw this the other day, and it is immense. for those of you who liked oldboy or whatever you should also like this. also, it is korean.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Old Boy was part 2 of 3 of a loose trilogy

This is part 3 of 3

So yeah I'd say those who liked part 2 would like part 3

The Mask
02-18-2006, 07:41 PM
oh. what was the first then

El Capitano Gatisto
02-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I want to see this. Don't know if it's on anywhere around here.

I've heard the ending is gruesome.

Triple A
02-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I still have not watched Oldboy. I have had the DVD forever but never am in the mood to watch it for some reason. I MUST DO IT EVENTUALLY. This sounds good too though.

Bricktop
02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
oh. what was the first then

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. A great movie, but a real downer.

It's about a deaf mute who will do anything to get his poor sister a kidney transplant, even kidnapping. The kidnapping goes wrong and the shit hits the fan. Its way different then Oldboy and Lady, but worth a look.

Bricktop
02-18-2006, 09:04 PM

Its on torrents. Otherwise wait until the Tartan release comes out.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Its on torrents. Otherwise wait until the Tartan release comes out.

Pssssssssss

http://aznv.tv/en/

Streaming, sub titled Asian movies and dramas. (Free, but if you pay, you get more, and better server. For 5 bucks you get 30 hours of streatming, for 10 you get 75, for 15 you get unlimited for a month.. Good shit)

It has all three in the vengance trilogy, amongst other great movies.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-19-2006, 07:59 AM
WTF?!?!

I'd make a seperate thread, but no one would care....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425320/

Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow) is remaking Oldboy for America... JEsus fucking christ....

The Mask
02-19-2006, 06:51 PM

in its way. i think it might have been censored when i saw it though. but you got the jist.