PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit Squad (RAW Spoilers)

loopydate
02-20-2006, 11:12 PM
What'd I tell you guys? The Spirit Squad are amazing. Once you get past the gimmick, these guys are spectacular in-ring competitors.

Kenny and Johnny especially are going to be huge stars down the line.

St. Jimmy
02-20-2006, 11:16 PM
i was throughly impressed.

Astley316
02-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, they should get the tag belts of kane and big show a.s.a.p and start re-building the tag division and these 2 would be a good start

Jordan
02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
i was throughly impressed.

Corkscrewed
02-20-2006, 11:27 PM
As was I. They've got plenty of talent.

Which means you're never going to see them use it.

loopydate
02-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Sad, but true.

We'll probably never see that springboard clothesline, spinning kick, or sky-high legdrop ever again.

Dorkchop
02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
They're fantastic athletes, but the Spirit Squad is gayer than Kanyon.

PullMyFinger
02-20-2006, 11:42 PM
LOL I was laughing at their match the whole time. They looked so funny.

LOL @ King saying their shoes have natural springs on em.

Great match by them though.

Johnny Vegas
02-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Dammit i missed it! :mad:

Pinnacle Charisma
02-20-2006, 11:45 PM
I thought that video from ovw with cm punk was awesome. If they keep doing shit like that than they will have a long future. Im just worried that Vince will treat them like a joke during thier entire run

Johnny Vegas
02-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, Vince and the WWE do have a trend of wasting good talent because they don't look like Scott Steiner.

Blitz
02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Entertaining in ring, and the gimmick has grown on me.

I am now a full on mark for the Spirit Squad. :D

Blitz
02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
But that doesn't mean I'm gay :mad:

Corkscrewed
02-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Just effeminate.

Skippord
02-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Blitz is KANYON

joe shadow
02-21-2006, 12:10 AM
I was impressed that they could wrestle.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah, who stood by them from day one in the WWE? Hmmmmmmm?

RGWhat316
02-21-2006, 12:29 AM
I still hate the gimmick of male cheerleaders, but I was impressed with the match. They had a lot of good spots.

Skippord
02-21-2006, 12:37 AM
I love the gimmick and the guys hilarious

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I am a huge fan of Ken Doane & Johnny Jeter, and have only heard good things about Nick Nemeth & Mike Mondo. Nick Mitchell is still relatively new, so I think he should probably train for a bit.

I like the idea of a bunch of new guys helping each other get a footing in the business early, but I'm not too fond of the cheerleader thing. Just have them play a "Youth Movement" type stable.

Me
02-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah, who stood by them from day one in the WWE? Hmmmmmmm?
Me

What Would Kevin Do?
02-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Me

Who?

Me
02-21-2006, 12:48 AM
ME

Skippord
02-21-2006, 12:57 AM
MEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Me
02-21-2006, 01:00 AM
I heard you the first time.

Skippord
02-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Just making sure

Cuzziebro
02-21-2006, 01:08 AM
I missed RAW like always, does anyone have the match or link to the match?

Impact!
02-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Do you have foxtel Cuzzie?, coz if you do its on tomoz.

Deceit
02-21-2006, 01:48 AM
I agree completely. Great performance by the SS. I just hope, like everyone else, that their talent isn't going to go to waste.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Some of you guys are pessimists to the extreme. They're on Raw ALL the time, and this gimmick has never really been done before. I think they're in a good spot right now and have very little to worry about. I've been a fan ever since they debuted during the Coach/King match.

PureHatred
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Entertaining as hell and looked great in the ring.

Kane Knight
02-21-2006, 01:27 PM
What'd I tell you guys? The Spirit Squad are amazing. Once you get past the gimmick, these guys are spectacular in-ring competitors.

Kenny and Johnny especially are going to be huge stars down the line.

You know, I'm going to start a bandwagon for a random shitty wrestler and back it up with nothing, so I can join in on the TPWW trend.

I saw nothing "amazing" in that matchup. What I see now is yet another fanboy poster sucking the dicks of even the most minor of showings. It's another "OMG BURCHALL HAS TEH BEST ARMBAR EVAR!!!!!" post as far as I'm concerned.

You guys are so desperate to justify your little crushes you go all out to assert every "success."

God. Step back. Stop the endless fellatio.

Kane Knight
02-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Probably for the better I'm going to stop watching.

Later all.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Don't stop now! You'll miss Chris Masters' meteoric rise to fame!

loopydate
02-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I saw nothing "amazing" in that matchup.

Then you clearly weren't watching the same match I did. I saw at least four spots I've never seen in a WWE match, none of which felt forced. I saw great chemistry between five guys who don't have all that much in-ring experience. And I saw them drawing a ton of heat. The good kind, not the John Cena kind.

I understand that you're a pessimist, KK, but there's no reason to blindly hate everything. Just because something is new doesn't mean it's automatically inferior to what came before. In the last two years, there's been an influx of talent, but I've heard you be nothing but critical.

So maybe, I should "start hating a random wrestler and back it up with nothing."

From this point forward, I now declare that Kane is the single worst in-ring performer in the history of this business and anyone who says otherwise is just desperate to justify your little crush.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2006, 01:46 PM
I see what he did there.

McLegend
02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Don't stop now! You'll miss Chris Masters' meteoric rise to fame!
LOL

Xero
02-21-2006, 10:56 PM
The match was good, but the gimmick has to either be tweaked to be less annoying and stupid or they have to get the fuck off my TV. I'll be willing to watch their matches, but segments and pre- and post-match shit will seem to be forced unless/until I actually do change the channel.

loopydate
02-21-2006, 11:26 PM
You do realize that their gimmick is to be annoying and stupid?

Me
02-21-2006, 11:33 PM
The match was good, but the gimmick has to either be tweaked to be less annoying and stupid or they have to get the fuck off my TV. I'll be willing to watch their matches, but segments and pre- and post-match shit will seem to be forced unless/until I actually do change the channel.
They are supposed to annoy you/piss you off to the point you want to see their asses beat, thats a heels job. Entertaining you is the faces job.

Cuzziebro
02-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Do you have foxtel Cuzzie?, coz if you do its on tomoz.

Nah man i got no Pay TV, thats why I was hoping someone might post the match.

Fox
02-22-2006, 02:12 AM
That trampoline clothesline :eek:

FourFifty
02-22-2006, 04:54 AM
My only problem with these guys are green and white are the colors of my old high school. Lots of painful memories... I want to cheer these guys, but I can't because of the color they wear.

Xero
02-22-2006, 08:57 AM
You do realize that their gimmick is to be annoying and stupid?
Of course, but there is a limit. Gimmicks can be annoying and work, but this gimmick is annoying in the BAD way, in the sense that I WANT to change the channel whenever they have a segment. If that's what "good" heel heat is, then by God they've got it.

They are supposed to annoy you/piss you off to the point you want to see their asses beat, thats a heels job. Entertaining you is the faces job.
I want to see their asses beat by Vince to the unemployment office, if that's what you mean. And yes, heels can and with a gimmick like this SHOULD be entertaining to a degree. These assholes, however, are not.

Trevor Murdoch... Now that was a man who had good heat from me. I loved him as a heel... Until he turned gay and just stopped appearing.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Personally, I hope WWE makes them badass in the ring constantly.

Can you imagine how much people would hate them if they were annoying, yet could totally kick ass in the ring. Ie, like Big Show and Kane Vs SS gets made (probably handicap mind you.) and every expects them to get their asses kicked ala Heart Throbs squash. Instead, they break out some crazy offense and win.

I do like the idea of using a cheer leading style when they wrestle.. I'm waiting for one of them to bust out something like a cartwheel headscissors takedown or something.

Kane Knight
02-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Then you clearly weren't watching the same match I did.

You're right. I wasn't watching through the eyes of a retarded fanboy.

I saw at least four spots I've never seen in a WWE match, none of which felt forced.

That=/=amazing.

I saw great chemistry between five guys who don't have all that much in-ring experience. And I saw them drawing a ton of heat. The good kind, not the John Cena kind.

Because it's easy to tell the difference.

I understand that you're a pessimist, KK, but there's no reason to blindly hate everything.

The funny thing is, I don't "hate everything." What is it with you fuckers and jumping there only when I piss in the Kool-Aid?

Funny thing is, I don't "hate" them. You have to make that up, because for all your pretenses, you have no real argument against me unless you cling to the shitty notion that omg he hates the guys I'm verbally going down on!!!!!!! Without that element, your tantrum looks as retarded as punt or kinglacoste's.

Just because something is new doesn't mean it's automatically inferior to what came before.

Because I'm such a fan of classic wrestlers. Hello, again, making up an argument to have an argument.

In the last two years, there's been an influx of talent, but I've heard you be nothing but critical.

Except of, say, Carlito, Shelton, Defending Cena being on top, the Boogeyman, Striker, Ken Kennedy, the Mexicools, Lashley yeah, I've been nothing but critical.

Or you're being incredibly selective in your definition. Loopy, you're better than this. This is a baseless argument you're using to justify your fanboyism.

So maybe, I should "start hating a random wrestler and back it up with nothing."

Yup. I've never justified my own preferences with anything. Oh wait, that goes right up there with me being nothing but critical about "new" stars.

From this point forward, I now declare that Kane is the single worst in-ring performer in the history of this business and anyone who says otherwise is just desperate to justify your little crush.

Wow. I'm not even a big Kane fan. Are you trying to prove a point? Because honestly, the irony would be better if you chose a wrestler I was a huge fan of. No, wait. Better implies that was good. The irony would work if you hadn't jumped into the retarded end of the think tank, seeing nothing past my SN in a desperate attempt to "make a point."

Maybe you're not better than this.

FTR, the KK moniker predates Kane as a wrestler. I actually pulled it out of wordplay based on my own name, and opted for the "Kane" Spelling out of simple alliteration. None of this is new information, but then, none of what you have just said is anything that hasn't been said by dozens of n00bs trying to "piss me off."

You couldn't even argue reality, Loopy. You disappoint me by trying to make arguments that you first had to invent. You lost the minute you had to play the fanboy just to have something to respond with.

Kane Knight
02-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Of course, but there is a limit. Gimmicks can be annoying and work, but this gimmick is annoying in the BAD way, in the sense that I WANT to change the channel whenever they have a segment. If that's what "good" heel heat is, then by God they've got it.

No, people changing the channel PROVES you're a draw. :roll:

:kiss:

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-22-2006, 11:41 AM
You know, I'm going to start a bandwagon for a random shitty wrestler and back it up with nothing, so I can join in on the TPWW trend.

I saw nothing "amazing" in that matchup. What I see now is yet another fanboy poster sucking the dicks of even the most minor of showings. It's another "OMG BURCHALL HAS TEH BEST ARMBAR EVAR!!!!!" post as far as I'm concerned.

You guys are so desperate to justify your little crushes you go all out to assert every "success."

lol you have some serious personal problems.

Kane Knight
02-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Forgot Hassan. Was nothing but critical of him.

redoneja
02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't know, I personally wasn't impressed with the Spirit Squad. They didn't do anything remarkable in their match, and their segments and chants are just annoying and get no heel heat from me at all.

Innovator
02-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Spirit Squad in OVW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spirit Squad in WWE

Me
02-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Duh^^^

Me
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
But I still love 'em. :heart:

loopydate
02-22-2006, 01:36 PM
(Lengthy response)

All right, so maybe I went a bit overboard. Yeah, I'm protective of the guys because I saw them in OVW and know what they're capable of, and the fact that they got to actually pull off some impressive moves looked to me like a positive sign. And I got frustrated to see that, based on one match and less than a month's worth of segments, people are already blasting these guys for being terrible, despite the fact that they're really anything but. Maybe it's just my style to be positive, hopeful that not everything Vince throws at the screen is shit. In this case, I think he succeeded, because I was entertained, and I'm not the only one.

And, for the record, I picked Kane at random, not as a reference to your name. I just went for someone who doesn't get much airtime, but is still popular. I could have said any number of guys, I just picked Kane.

Plus, I still contend that I can tell the difference between real heat and "get off my TV" heat. :D

Xero
02-22-2006, 01:56 PM
The problem with the WWE is that when they bring OVW guys up with the same gimmick it's always changed because of the difference in writing. No doubt they were great in OVW, but OVW has a great writing team and booking team, headed by Paul Heyman.

You expect these corprate assholes who are writing the shows to keep a gimmick the same way because, as they would put it, "a few hicks saw it on the local boob tube station"? No, they're going to tweak it for what they consider to be their core audience, younger kids and people with shitty senses of humor. Unfortunatally, they have to understand that their core audience AT THE MOMENT are at least 15+ and male. And while Rey and Cena may be over with the younger ones, their core audience is losing interest and that's what brought about this slump in wrestling, going for the wrong audience while writing.

loopydate
02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Nah, this is pretty much their OVW gimmick.

But they were portrayed as more of a physical threat in OVW, because Johnny (Jeter) is a former OVW Champion and Kenny (Doane) had a good reign as TV Champion.

Hopefully the fact that they actually got to do some moves this week will show fans that they're not just there as a joke.

Would I have preferred that they debuted by attacking someone, instead of just cheering? Yeah. Would have laid the groundwork so that Monday's match didn't seem to come out of nowhere. But I still think the gimmick has the potential to catch on in a Carlito-like manner.

Xero
02-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Nah, this is pretty much their OVW gimmick.

But they were portrayed as more of a physical threat in OVW, because Johnny (Jeter) is a former OVW Champion and Kenny (Doane) had a good reign as TV Champion.
Well then their gimmick WAS changed just enough to be noticable, wasn't it?

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2006, 01:28 AM
What I don't like about the stable at the moment is the fact they are two-dimensional. It would be good if it was done in a smart way, but I just can't place faith in the writing team to tell the difference between a group of talented athletes who play the role of male cheerleaders to just own the stage, get attention and because they share an odd sense of humour to, well, male cheerleaders.

The WWE have seemingly forgotten John Cena is a wrestler, not a rapper, and many other things (too lazy to list them all). If these guys are made to look strong, talented and smart enough to realise that they have a better chance of surviving as a unit than as individuals, then this stable should be great. If they do each other's hair, forfeit matches because they don't have cheers, etc. it will flop very badly.

The trampoline clothesline was a nice little spot on RAW. It fit the gimmick, but it wasn't weak like most of Eugene's shenanigans. The guys seemed very fluid in there. I was especially impressed by Mike Mondo (Mikey), who was really trying to earn his spot there. These guys threw themselves around for The Rockers, too. I hope there is a tag team match in the forseeable future.