PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching The Billboard Music Awards? ** SPOILERS **

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Evanescence is performing tonight and they're up for "Best New Artist".

I think other people are going to be there too. R Kelly is nominated for almost every award. Can somebody please tell me why? I barely ever see his video's and when I do they suck.

He spent a year with that one album trying to thug himself out and sell albums using the death of his friends for sympathy sells.

I didn't mind the guy back in the "I believe I can fly" days, but after all this child fascination stuff I'm not too trhilled with the guy.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:13 PM
The first award goes to 3 Doors Down... they beat Linkin Park, Matchbox Twenty, and the Dixie Chicks. I think the catagory was like best group act or something.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Beyonce just won so many awards I couldn't keep up.

She won Top 100 Female something, Best new Female Artist, another one, and a special one for being 1 the most or something.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:20 PM
No Doubt started the show with a performance.

Right now the Foo Fighters are performing "All My Life"

They showed Evanescence and they'll be performing "Bring Me To Life" later in the show. Ben Moody isn't with them cause he's taking time off.

sadio8
12-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Well these awards are all based on sales right? * wonders how R.Kelly got nominated fo rmany awards* unless well he really did sell alot of Records but i don't remember hearing or seeing anything about that :\

el fregadero
12-10-2003, 08:25 PM
The first award goes to 3 Doors Down... they beat Linkin Park, Matchbox Twenty, and the Dixie Chicks. I think the catagory was like best group act or something.

:'(

sadio8
12-10-2003, 08:29 PM
I think it would be better if they showed the nominations like a regular award show. Show all the nominees and then say the winner. The countdown kinda ruins the suspense :\

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Quote of the night...

Jessica Simpson to Nick: "We're on live TV so don't say anything stupid or ditzy or anything".

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Chevelle, Linkin Park, and Foo Fighters got beaten by Audio-Slave for the Modern Rock Artist of the Year... and it was just announced Audioslave also won Rock Artists of the Year.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Trapt wins Head rock, and Modern Head Rock....

And now Pink is performing. She's showing really nice cleve too.

el fregadero
12-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Trapt wins Head rock, and Modern Head Rock....

And now Pink is performing. She's showing really nice cleve too.

:|

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Triumph the insult Comic dog is on.

"People make alot of jokes about Ryan Sequest being gay... and I don't think that's fair. To call them jokes."

Paris Hilton "Wouldn't touch that with a 10 **** pole?" ?????

Britney and Madonna kissing. "That kiss worked out for the both of them... Madonna got exposed to a younger audience, and Britney got herpes"

"Britney is a kick ass lip sinker... i saw her at the AMA's... I haven't seen lip sinking like that since Barney the purple dinosaur".

"I heard Britney sing live once, and I haven't heard a note like that since I caugt my **** in the sprinkler"

"I'm not going to make fun of Madonna... because Madonna is the one celebrity who one day might have sex with a dog."

"You want me to poop on Justin, Justin Timberlake is like the Hulk. Pooping only makes him stronger. He sings, he dances, he's like the OTHER white Michael Jackson."

"I'm not going to poop on Michael Jackson. We have a common bond, we're both partly made of rubber... and we both like to have a hand up our ass every once in a while."

"Enrique lost the mole.. Yes. I guess after all these years it got embarassing... so the mole asked to be cut off."

"The truth is, if it weren't for American Idol. I wouldn't be here tonight. Cause Justin ???? was my cab driver."

"Ruben's album dropped. If I dropped something like that I'd get wacked with a rolled up newspaper."

"Chingy is the hottest thing rap right now, but unfortunately that means he'll be out of the music business is abotu 2 years"

"I'm not going to touch that one, he'll go Eminem on me."

Try Evanescence...

"I kind of like Evanescence"

They couldn't insult Evanescence!

sadio8
12-10-2003, 08:44 PM
That insult dog really sucks imo

Edit: he's okay not that bad, maybe his voice just annoys me :|

el fregadero
12-10-2003, 08:47 PM
<font color=teal>TRIUMPH IS AWESOME.</font> :rant:

Gertner
12-10-2003, 08:50 PM
I loved when the camera panned to Clay, when they made the gay joke.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Chingy won "Most Likely to Sell his mother for crack" award.

And Lil John and the Eastside Boyz won the "Most Likely to be back on Welfare" award.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Stevie Wonder is giving a speech and he got a HUGE ovation.

He introduces Sting to perform and accept the 12 Century something artist.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Stevie Wonder: *studders* Oh sorry i wasn't looking at the Q-cards again.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Paris Hilton and that other chick came out...

THEY SAID F*CK!!! Uncensored!! on FOX!!!!

"It's not so f*cking simple!"

Mainstreme top 40 of the year...

4. Aguilera - Beautiful
3. Evanescence - BMTL
2. Avril Lavigne - I'm With You

WINNER: Black Eye'd Peas? Where's the Love?

Kenny
12-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Beyonce performed.

JC from Nsync and Kelly Clarkson (Who's looks are highly under-rated) are presenting.

Country Artists

4. Dixie Chicks
3. Tim McGraw
2. Toby Kieth

1. (WINNER) Shania Twain

Shania Twain performs.... she's bouncing a lot.

Kenny
12-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Shania's performance had about 50 8 - 12 year little boys and girls as back up dancers.

Then she accepted her award. Good thing MJ and R Kelly weren't the presenters.

Shania also takes home Country album of the year.

Super annoying Fran Dresture commercial.

A couple of guys and a few very attractive girls just came out. Well... I like the brunette anyway.

Most downloaded track awards...

Digital Track of the Year

4. Clocks - Coldplay
3. Black Eye'd Pea's - Where is the Love?
2. Beyonce - Crazy in Love

1. (WINNER) Outkast - Hey Ya'll

Kenny
12-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Sean Morgan from Seether announces EVANESCENCE!! And they get NEW GROUP OF THE YEAR!!! It's about fcuukin'
a;;akljdf

Okay...

It's about time they get a ****in' award on TV!

Oh wow... that was awesome. That girl is beautiful and f*ck you if you think ANY performance tonight even came CLOSE to the Evanescence one. Anyway if somebody else wants to report the show cool... I'm off. Doesn't get any better than that.

el fregadero
12-10-2003, 09:53 PM
<font color=teal>I support piracy.</font> :shifty:

asphyXy
12-10-2003, 10:06 PM
<font color=969696>Sounds like a hell of a show. I'm pissed that I missed it.</font>

Gertner
12-10-2003, 11:49 PM
r kelly is still the man. put aside his criminal shit, and he's still an amazing singer.

DegenerationY
12-11-2003, 01:11 PM
LOL I only saw part of it, but that was some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

First off, No Doubt sounded TERRIBLE. They were so boring.

LOL @ the Paris Hilton thing though.

And was it just me, or did they not mention 3 Doors Down as a nominee for the first award? It almost seemed like they messed up or something, and gave an award to somebody who wasn't nominated. I must have missed something :mad:

Overall, sucky shit.

Kenny
12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
LOL I only saw part of it, but that was some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

First off, No Doubt sounded TERRIBLE. They were so boring.

LOL @ the Paris Hilton thing though.

And was it just me, or did they not mention 3 Doors Down as a nominee for the first award? It almost seemed like they messed up or something, and gave an award to somebody who wasn't nominated. I must have missed something :mad:

Overall, sucky shit.

Oh no.. what they did was announced the winner as part of the nominee's.

Like lets say the award is between Evanescence, Linkin Park, Trapt, and 3 Doors Down... with Evanescence being the winner.

They'll first show the 3 runner ups...

4. Trapt
3. 3 Doors Down
2. Linkin Park

Then they'll announce the winner... Evanescence.

Also, about R Kelly being the man. I think it's sad where we live in a world where you can have sex with little kids and still be a credible person cause you make "good music".

BlackRavyyn
12-12-2003, 07:56 PM
<font color=seablue><i>Yea, I caught most of the show. Overall, it wasn't bad. I don't get Jessica Simpson, so hot yet oozes nothing for sexiness. And the whole "dumb blond" thing is far better done by Hilton. And she's a piece of work if you ask me...

No Doubt was bland, they seem to have lost some of their spunk with this song but meh. R Kelly closing the show was downright scary. How was he the closing act? Was that to make sure all the 14 year olds were out of the building or something? And glad to see Beyonce - yummy.

Still I have to say my highlight and the performance that stole the show was Evanescence - WOW! :drool: Amy did a great job but it's not the same without Ben....

Overall - goodtimes had by all :D</i></font>

The Mask
12-12-2003, 09:02 PM
<font color=969696>Sounds like a hell of a show. I'm pissed that I missed it.</font>

i agree

Kenny
12-12-2003, 09:44 PM
<font color=seablue><i>Yea, I caught most of the show. Overall, it wasn't bad. I don't get Jessica Simpson, so hot yet oozes nothing for sexiness. And the whole "dumb blond" thing is far better done by Hilton. And she's a piece of work if you ask me...

No Doubt was bland, they seem to have lost some of their spunk with this song but meh. R Kelly closing the show was downright scary. How was he the closing act? Was that to make sure all the 14 year olds were out of the building or something? And glad to see Beyonce - yummy.

Still I have to say my highlight and the performance that stole the show was Evanescence - WOW! :drool: Amy did a great job but it's not the same without Ben....

Overall - goodtimes had by all :D</i></font>

Yeah, I remember not too long ago it seemed like Amy just couldn't find the right note when she sang live. But every live performance I've seen just keeps getting better, and better. I like it better when she rocks out though. At the concert I went to on some of the songs she just went all out. Top of her lungs, hair flying everywhere, and still sounded just awesome.

R Kelly closing the show... yeah it just goes to show what a f*cked up world we live in. Even with Michael Jackson it makes me sick when people say "I don't know if he's guilty or innocent but I'll always think he's the man for the music he made." That's sick.

Yet if those kids were related to them they'd be bashing Michael to hell saying they could never forgive him. What a crock.

I agree with you on Jessica Simpson. She should just be herself. You could tell she was trying way too hard.

Hi I'm Jessica Simpson.
And I'm Nick Lachet
And I'm Jessica Simpson.
You already said that honey.

I just couldn't get into it.