PDA

View Full Version : My simple solution to make Wrestlemania memorable.(Contains Raw Spoilers)

What Would Kevin Do?
02-21-2006, 10:19 AM
So, we're going to have another MITB match. Someone on here.... Probably Alienoid, said it should be interpromotional, between the two brands. Not a bad idea. I'm thinking Shelton, Booker T, RVD, Rey Mysterio, Carlito, Finlay (or Benoit) Could be golden in this.. Anywho, the important ones are Shelton Carlito, RVD ( start a nice 3 way feud.) and Mysterio... Have it be insane, vicious, etc. In the end, Mysterio pulls out a hard fought victory.

You know where this is going...

Main Event, Orton Vs Angle. Before the bell rings, Rey music hits. he cashes in the contract, saying that he said he'd main event Wrestlemania, he promised Eddie's family he'd be here, etc, and he's going to do it, whether he's already fought or not.

And there you have your three way. Win lose or draw, I think Rey could come out of Mania huge. Everyone could, in theory, go home happy.

Disturbed316
02-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I like it. Shame the writers would never do it.

94 SVT Cobra
02-21-2006, 10:40 AM
So, we're going to have another MITB match. Someone on here.... Probably Alienoid, said it should be interpromotional, between the two brands. Not a bad idea. I'm thinking Shelton, Booker T, RVD, Rey Mysterio, Carlito, Finlay (or Benoit) Could be golden in this.. Anywho, the important ones are Shelton Carlito, RVD ( start a nice 3 way feud.) and Mysterio... Have it be insane, vicious, etc. In the end, Mysterio pulls out a hard fought victory.

You know where this is going...

Main Event, Orton Vs Angle. Before the bell rings, Rey music hits. he cashes in the contract, saying that he said he'd main event Wrestlemania, he promised Eddie's family he'd be here, etc, and he's going to do it, whether he's already fought or not.

And there you have your three way. Win lose or draw, I think Rey could come out of Mania huge. Everyone could, in theory, go home happy.

I cant help but feel that would blow. I mean its a great idea to snake rey back into the main event, but a total waste of MITB, last years was almost used very well really, then they blew it. I still cant help but feel theyll get rey rey back into the main event.

V
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
imo that is an amazing idea, would solve this bullshit with rey winning the rumble perfectly

PureHatred
02-21-2006, 12:27 PM
imo that is an amazing idea, would solve this bullshit with rey winning the rumble perfectly

EXACTLY.

The Icon of Elisim
02-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I like the idea alot but it would be hard to book since it would take heat away from an Orton-Angle fued.

I would make sure to keep Mysterio in the fued. Heres how I think it could play out.

This week we get a big speech from Mysterio about how he got screwed and how he made a promise and how he will get to the main event. Calls out Orton and challenges him to a rematch. Orton declines saying how he is smarter and thinks with his head blah blah. Angle comes out and talks about how he has no respect for Orton over how he has carried himself over the last month and how he cheated at NWO. He talks about how he wants to fight a man he can respect in Mysterio. Long then comes out and says that we will get a rematch next week.

Next week Mysterio loses again from a shady finish, maybe Orton gets himself dqed or cheats again.

Next week Long announces the two show MITB match. He offers a spot to Mysterio, along the lines that if you can't mainevent the show you can still steal it and that would be what Eddie would've wanted. That night Orton and Angle continue their fued over the respect stuff that started two weeks ago. Maybe have a match with Orton and Benoit for the US title and Mysterio can interfere and cost him. Do something to keep Mysterio in the main event picture

Week before WM we get a big 4 on 4 tag match with the guys in all the big matches and Rey pins Orton.

Then at WM it plays out like you said

The Naitch
02-21-2006, 02:16 PM
I like it. Shame the writers would never do it.

Nervous Ferret
02-21-2006, 02:23 PM
that is a fantastic idea

loopydate
02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
A combination of WWKD and IoE's ideas would make a "meh" Mania card into one that would definitely be worth watching.

Dorkchop
02-21-2006, 02:32 PM
The only thing is that Finlay should not be in a ladder match. You need younger guys who can go all out and make the match memorable. Pretty damn sweet idea though.

loopydate
02-21-2006, 02:34 PM
I'd personally like to see Shelton vs. Carlito vs. RVD vs. Rey vs. Hardy vs. Benoit in MITB 2.

Corkscrewed
02-21-2006, 02:44 PM
IoE and WWKD for WWE Writing :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

Dorkchop
02-21-2006, 02:50 PM
I'd personally like to see Shelton vs. Carlito vs. RVD vs. Rey vs. Hardy vs. Benoit in MITB 2.

I'd like to see Mark Henry, Boogeyman, Chris Masters, Big Show, Scotty Too Hotty, and the Coach.

The Icon of Elisim
02-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Psht, give me Piper, Bob Orton, Tatanka, Vader, Road Warrior Animal and Jim Duggan

master
02-21-2006, 03:07 PM
The only thing is that Finlay should not be in a ladder match. You need younger guys who can go all out and make the match memorable. Pretty damn sweet idea though.

AGREED

What Would Kevin Do?
02-21-2006, 03:33 PM
The only reason I said Finlay, was because A. he's probably going to be at Mania, and B, he's been doing some pretty innovative stuff with the apron, etc, so I'd be curious to see what he could do with a latter. I figured he could add an interesting/ unique ground based attack while everyone else was trying a unique air based attack.

The Icon of Elisim
02-21-2006, 03:45 PM
A 6 man ladder match is no place for ground based attack. A two or three way match on the other hand has room for ring psychology.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Those ideas are good. I would certainly mark out for something like that. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I think having Rey Mysterio on the WrestleMania undercard is a good idea.

Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio for the US Title and Rey being in some kind of Money in the Bank-style matches are the only things I can see Rey doing at Mania, but both would have their pay-offs, IMO.

Take four guys from RAW, four from SmackDown!, and let them go. Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Gregory Helms (what other way do you see the Cruiserweight Champ getting on the card?) vs. Matt Hardy. That would be a match for the ages.

I can't help but think a ladder should be involved with the WWE Tag Team Championship scene. MNM vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The Mexicools in a TLC Match. That would be great. Can they somehow have a "sudden death" interpromotional clusterfuck for the Money in the Bank Title Shot? Maybe have it a RAW vs. SmackDown! Eight-Man Tag Team Match, with the winners of that then competing in a Fatal Fourway Match to decide who gets the Interpromotional Money in the Bank Title Shot?

The Naitch
02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
it's retarded not to have Rey in the main event after winning the rumble, period

I really hope WWKD's idea happens

The CyNick
02-21-2006, 06:49 PM
It may sound cold, but if Rey is going for the World Title, you would want to promote that to capitalize on the story of him winning the title for Eddie. If you have him win the title in an unannounced match you're throwing money away.

If Rey isn't going after the World Title in a 3 way, then I would put him with Benoit for the US title. They could have a killer fued.

If they do MITB as RAW only, I would think it'll be Carlito, Masters, Show, Kane, Benjamin and RVD.

If its RAW and SD, it'll likely be Carlito, Shelton, RVD, Rey, Benoit and JBL.

Evolution
02-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Not so sure about them throwing money away. Think about it...

Fans will see Mysterio in the MITB match. Knowing how wrestling works and that the good guy always gets retribution in the end, common sense dictates Rey winning MITB and cashing in to fulfill his promise to Eddie. People are gonna be tripping over themselves to get to the phone to order Mania to see it happen live. Seeing it on a SmackDOWN! opening vignette isn't nearly as good.

Loose Cannon
02-21-2006, 09:21 PM
lol Mania 22 is gonna be the worst show since 13

Xero
02-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Woah woah woah, 13 wasn't a COMPLETE bust. Triple H and Goldust stole the fucking show...

Fryza
02-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Carlito/Shelton/RVD/Hardy/London/Jordan.

Throw in Hardy and London to add in some good spots with Rob and Shelton. Jordan is there to add filler, with Carlito of course being the winner. With this group, you can mix mat skills and the same spots that fans want to see.

tucsonspeed6
02-23-2006, 04:02 PM

I haven't seen all of the Mania's yet but I thought 9 was the worst. Is 13 worse?

BTW... Welcome back LC.

John la Rock
02-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Without Bret/Austin Wrestlemania 13 would have been the worst PPV of all time

Wrestlemania 22 isn't looking good thus far

Impeccable
02-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Jeez...could you imagine one of the spirit squad in a MITB ladder match...trampoline/ladder spots a plenty...that would be freaking amazing!!!

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm really thinking they should do Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Benoit at WrestleMania in an IC Champ vs. US Champ Match.

I'm also hoping for Gregory Helms to defend the WWE Cruiserweight Championship against Chavo Guerrero or something.

So that leaves a smaller selection for a Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Carlito and Rob Van Dam are obvious choices. I would throw Johnny (Jeter) from The Spirit Squad into the match as well. For some reason I see Ric Flair being in this, though. Just have Ric Flair inducted into the Hall of Fame, or do a backstage segment with Triple H. Jeter would be a nice choice as he's got a lot of in-ring talent as well as being just generally a good athlete.

From SmackDown!, Matt Hardy is logical. I like the idea of Paul London being in a Ladder Match, but I doubt the WWE would do it. I'd slap him in there after beating Brian Kendrick to qualify. That leaves us with one other spot. Although he is technically a face, Paul Burchill would be good here.

So that gives us Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Johnny Jeter vs. Matt Hardy vs. Paul Lonon vs. Paul Burchill. Doesn't look star-studded enough to me. Hmm...

I still protest they should have the Money in a Bank Match be a Battle Royal or something. Give the Ladder Match to MNM, The Mexicools & Paul London & Brian Kendrick.

Zen v.W.o.
02-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Actually I thought WM's 15 and 16 subpar.

The CyNick
02-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Not so sure about them throwing money away. Think about it...

Fans will see Mysterio in the MITB match. Knowing how wrestling works and that the good guy always gets retribution in the end, common sense dictates Rey winning MITB and cashing in to fulfill his promise to Eddie. People are gonna be tripping over themselves to get to the phone to order Mania to see it happen live. Seeing it on a SmackDOWN! opening vignette isn't nearly as good.

I would argue more people will tune in knowing that Rey has a shot at the title, rather than Rey having a shot at a shot at the title, and of course there is no guarantee he would use the MITB title shot at Mania.

Like I said, from a build standpoint, having Rey in the title match looking to win the title for his late friend's memory is a better story than him trying to win a match to win a shot at a title (which he already did at the Rumble).

I'm leaning towards thinking that the MITB match will be RAW vs SD and likely have the guys that I mentioned. They didn't really set up a program for Benoit, unless they use the JBL hand breaking thing to lead to a program for Mania.

The CyNick
02-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm really thinking they should do Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Benoit at WrestleMania in an IC Champ vs. US Champ Match.

I'm also hoping for Gregory Helms to defend the WWE Cruiserweight Championship against Chavo Guerrero or something.

So that leaves a smaller selection for a Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Carlito and Rob Van Dam are obvious choices. I would throw Johnny (Jeter) from The Spirit Squad into the match as well. For some reason I see Ric Flair being in this, though. Just have Ric Flair inducted into the Hall of Fame, or do a backstage segment with Triple H. Jeter would be a nice choice as he's got a lot of in-ring talent as well as being just generally a good athlete.

From SmackDown!, Matt Hardy is logical. I like the idea of Paul London being in a Ladder Match, but I doubt the WWE would do it. I'd slap him in there after beating Brian Kendrick to qualify. That leaves us with one other spot. Although he is technically a face, Paul Burchill would be good here.

So that gives us Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Johnny Jeter vs. Matt Hardy vs. Paul Lonon vs. Paul Burchill. Doesn't look star-studded enough to me. Hmm...

I still protest they should have the Money in a Bank Match be a Battle Royal or something. Give the Ladder Match to MNM, The Mexicools & Paul London & Brian Kendrick.

I'm skeptical about Helms getting on the show. It comes down to the limited number of spots on the card. Maybe if Chavo is going to get the CW title they woud get him on the card, but going by SD this week, it looks like Chavo is being positioned higher than that with Orton.

Sephiroth
02-25-2006, 02:05 PM
*SPOILER*

I haven't actually watched smackdown yesterday, but didn't they give Rey his WM title match against Angle and Orton?

* On topic: It would be great if Rey would win the title at WM, but it wouldn't be for a long reign though, Batista would probably come back after Mania and butt rape Rey.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm skeptical about Helms getting on the show. It comes down to the limited number of spots on the card. Maybe if Chavo is going to get the CW title they woud get him on the card, but going by SD this week, it looks like Chavo is being positioned higher than that with Orton.

I know, it is very unlikely the undercard guys will get a chance to shine at all.

I honestly believe every title should be defended at WrestleMania, or at least the Champion participating in a match.

I was just doing some math, and I figured out that if Mania is four hours long, and the matches average out at 15:00 in length, there is room for almost 16 matches on the card.

I honestly don't believe WrestleMania should have too many backstage segments. Mania should be all about the action. The build-up should be finalised before Mania, with the event being used entirely for conclusive purposes.

Assuming the WWE decides to try and pack as much into Mania as they can, there may be some hope of Gregory Helms, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, etc. making the card.

Loose Cannon
02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
I haven't seen all of the Mania's yet but I thought 9 was the worst. Is 13 worse?

BTW... Welcome back LC.

I'd actually say 13 is worse. I watch 9 every now and then for the Doink/Crush thing, the Perfect/Luger match and HBK's match. With 13, the only match I only ever cared for was Bret/Austin.