PDA

View Full Version : Best sports website?

Contempt
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
What do you think?

I may sign up for ESPN Insider, but before I do, anyone know of any good sports websites?

SI.com, sportsline.com, sportingnews.com are OK. FoxSports.com and NBC Sports suck.

DaveWadding
02-21-2006, 10:35 PM
www.rotoworld.com ??

Bad Company
02-21-2006, 10:45 PM
www.planetrugby.com

Linkbowler
02-21-2006, 11:55 PM
www.deadspin.com

BCWWF
02-22-2006, 01:19 AM
In terms of just an overall sports Web site, I think ESPN is the most complete. Yahoo! Sports can be handy too, because they are usually the most up to date if you are looking for a specific player and his stats.

In terms of other Web sites, I am a huge supporter of www.hoopshype.com. It is by far the best basketball site on the net. It doesn't have all the easy access stats that Yahoo! has, but it has all of the information that you'd want to know. For example it is the only place I have ever found that has details of every teams payroll. The best thing they do though, every morning they go through every newspaper that is reporting on the NBA and organize them. It takes the important paragraph from the article, puts in on the Rumors page, and then has a link to the original article.

The reason the Rumors page is so important is because ESPN Insider does an awful job of it. I have ESPN Insider becasue I know my friends password, and there are a lot of times that I look at it for various reasons. But when it comes to their rumors, a lot of them can be easily dispelled by looking at their sources. They don't have a bunch of undercover guys going through the Seattle Supersonics that are getting exclusive information that Rashard Lewis is being traded. ESPN Insider goes to the Seattle Times (or whatever the big paper is called), finds an article, simplifies the information to one sentence, and doesn't source it. Oftentimes I have found their information to be wrong and misleading by looking at the real article through hoopshype.

So yes, hoopshype is definately the best specialized sports Web site on the net.

CNM
02-22-2006, 01:26 AM
In terms of news, I love Rotoworld. For stats I usually use Yahoo Sports. I don't go to ESPN too often.

road doggy dogg
02-22-2006, 02:59 AM
Rotoworld is the best site hands-down for any fantasy sports fan. Hell I use the player updates just to see what's going on around the league in of itself. Awesome free site.

Downunder
02-24-2006, 01:41 AM
www.rugbywa.com.au/wa