PDA

View Full Version : So why the hell isnt Isiah Thomas fired yet?

alvarado52
02-22-2006, 04:06 PM
seriously, the guy has done nothing but bring in big contracts and a big mess of a roster with a ton of people with individual talents, but cant play team ball if their life depended on it. Im not a Knicks fan, but im just curious as to when someone in the Knicks organization will stop and go 'hey, wait a minute, we are spending an assload of money, and are getting nowhere, lets fire out shit for GM'. The NY Knicks are the NBA's dumping ground.

RP
02-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Because he's black

mrslackalack
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I say they will give him one more year.

The Icon of Elisim
02-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Apparently he has convinced the owners that he has a plan to stockpile as much talent as possible in order to make a run at trading for Kevin Garnett

PureHatred
02-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Honestly, I think that the owners of MSG feel like they have to retain Isiah at least through the whole sexual harrassment ordeal or else it looks like they are firing him to cover their ass. Which would lead to them having to settle for a huge, huge amount. Unfortnately for Knicks fans, this means that they have to watch the worst GM in NBA history run their team into the ground for at least another year.

Of course, with all the damage he's done, the Knicks will probably be guaranteed to suck until at least 2010.

The better question though is why he was hired in the first place. He ran the CBA into bankruptcy, screwed up the Raptors, and then managed to lead an underachieving Pacers team into medicority. The fact that he was employed by anyone let alone given the keys to one of the NBA's flagship franchises baffles me.

Crimson
02-23-2006, 08:25 PM
^^ What he said. With these contracts he's done in NY the Knicks should suck for the next 4-5 years.

Loose Cannon
02-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Stevie Franchise baby