PDA

View Full Version : BROCK LESNAR VS THIS GUY*

Bad Guy
01-30-2004, 09:02 PM
*Eddie Guerrero

So who do you think will come out on top? Personally I will have to go with Brock Lesnar. I think that Eddie and Benoit will both get the title match and then get squashed, before heading back to mid card.

Mikey
01-30-2004, 09:06 PM
I am going to agree with you on this one

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Eddie's scheduled to work a program with Angle at Wrestlemania. I say Angle screws Eddie over, thus fully turning heel, at NWO. Eddie should put on a good show and do like 100x better than Holly did.

toxic rooster
01-30-2004, 09:12 PM
LOL wrestling used to be good but it isnt

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Good for you. I bet you're proud of yourself. You should be ashamed. YOu should like everything about wrestling, or else you're not a true fan. Except Angle and Benoit, since they're boring. And another thing--

Oops, sorry. I was momentarily possessed by the spirit of Dark_Kane. :o

Kane Knight
01-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Good for you. I bet you're proud of yourself. You should be ashamed. YOu should like everything about wrestling, or else you're not a true fan. Except Angle and Benoit, since they're boring. And another thing--

:lol:

I'd rep you, but I don't think I can again this soon.

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 09:24 PM
You can try. I mean, yeah, you've already repped me twice, but whatever. :)

natureboycv
01-30-2004, 10:13 PM

<font color=8307ff><b>LOL :cool: </font></b>

toxic rooster
01-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Blah Blah Blah
Dark_Kane is a long-haired git

:lol:

Yeah that deserves a good rep

Kane Knight
01-30-2004, 10:37 PM
You can try. I mean, yeah, you've already repped me twice, but whatever. :)

This is like 3 in one day. ;)

Rock Bottom
01-31-2004, 12:52 AM
I agree with the general opinion, Angle will somehow screw Eddie or Eddie will just lose outright. They're subtly (but clearly) hinting at the Angle being pissed or jealous of Eddie thing.

crock69
01-31-2004, 06:54 PM
They can totally surprise everyone by letting eddie win, and then letting him fight Angle at WM for the title, thus making the rumored brock vs. Goldberg a non title match. Since it is also rumored that Goldberg will be leaving after WM it will allow him to have a final victory without having a title involved.

Rock Bottom
01-31-2004, 07:07 PM
They can totally surprise everyone by letting eddie win, and then letting him fight Angle at WM for the title, thus making the rumored brock vs. Goldberg a non title match. Since it is also rumored that Goldberg will be leaving after WM it will allow him to have a final victory without having a title involved.

I'm not so sure the WWE would want to put a guy over who is leaving the company, especially over their top SD heel... Then again, that kind of logic would not surprise me anymore from WWE...

jasonvoorhees
01-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Maybr he can sign for another year, we don't know, we can have a surprise and see Goldberg wining th WWE champion, we don't know if he sign and the WWE are just letting us now he didn't so we can have a surprise or something at Mania.

Sephiroth
02-01-2004, 08:55 AM
I know Eddie would do alot better then Holly and i wouldn't mind to see Eddie win, but it still is the WWE so i am not counting on him to win.

mikenegrin
02-01-2004, 05:23 PM
eddie would make a terrible champion....wow WWE needs some better contenders

MVP
02-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Brock will most likely retain against Eddie, but it's still a big match for him. Eddie is being pushed to headline a main event, and guess what...HE'S ACTUALLY OVER! It's going to help Eddie take off for Wrestlemania and may even defeat Angle. Oh how sweet would that be?

M-A-G
02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm sure this is just another situation that they faced at last year's Backlash when they rushed someone into being a lame duck challenger of the month due to not properly preparing someone in time. Eddie's looking to meet the same fate as John Cena and Holly if that's the case.

Azriel
02-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Has anyone thought maybe Goldberg will screw Brock out of the title? But yeah, I'm betting on more Angle screwing things, because I doubt Eddie would win the title before Benoit

c4g2
02-02-2004, 09:41 AM
^Make Angle screw Eddie out of the title, and make Goldberg spear Brock or something after the match. Then I'll be happy.

Bad Guy
02-02-2004, 09:59 AM
^^ I wouldn't, because Lesanar would still be the champ. Sure, let Brock win, and THEN let him get speared..

Innovator
02-02-2004, 10:52 AM
It makes too much sense for Goldberg to not cost Lesnar the match. It would kick up their feud a couple notches while getting Eddie the title to defend against Angle. I think the title match at No Way Out will have two run-ins, one by Angle to knock out Eddie while the ref is down. Then Brock gets up, turns around....BAM spear from Goldberg.
Also this way Benoit/HHH is guaranteed the main event slot at WM, for Benoit to win the title.

The CyNick
02-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Taker-Kane might be getting the top spot at Mania, which is a horirble idea, but not really suprising. I think Benoit-HHH-HBK is going to end up somewhere in the middle.

Ive said this a bunch of times, but its too soon for Eddie. Also, if he wins it will be because Goldberg interfered and cost Brock the match, so that makes Eddie look like a paper champion instead of a strong champion who *gasp* might be able to draw.

Beyond that, Angle-Eddie will be deep in the mid card at Mania, which makes the SD title look like a mid card title, why not put the SD title in the main event (or at least 2nd from the top), which makes it seem a little more important.

SUPREMO
02-02-2004, 02:50 PM
I agree with u on this one

Corkscrewed
02-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Actually, Cynic, Benoit/HHH will get the top spot. Winner of the Rumble gets the MAIN EVENT, and they went with that last year. Makes sense too, since it's tradition AND it happens to allow HHH to main event, so it all works out.

Eddie should win the title... later. He's not quite up to main event status, but the NWO match should get him there. I still see Angle costing him.

123 kid
02-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Eddie isnt ready for the title yet he should feud with big show and win the u.s title match and around summerslam he should beat the champion (no doubt it will be Brock) also Eddy should beat a few more big names before getting the title...

jasonvoorhees
02-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Maybe at No Way Out Eddie wins and becomes the Champion thanks to Goldberg, and the Next night Brock gets his rematch, and beats Eddie and becomes the champion again with the help of Angle.
Or
Eddie and Angle become friends, then Eddie will want Kurt to be the Special Guest Referee at No Way Out, Kurt then Screwed Eddie, Brock wins and starts the feud with Goldberg, at Smackdown! Eddie talks and ask Kurt why, Kurt tells him why in the titontron, then they fight at Mania, then Paul comes and tells Brock to come and celebrate his victory at No Way Out, they do, but Goldberg comes and spears Brock, gets the title and says at mania is going to be mine, YOUR NEXT!.

The CyNick
02-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Actually, Cynic, Benoit/HHH will get the top spot. Winner of the Rumble gets the MAIN EVENT, and they went with that last year. Makes sense too, since it's tradition AND it happens to allow HHH to main event, so it all works out.

Eddie should win the title... later. He's not quite up to main event status, but the NWO match should get him there. I still see Angle costing him.

ha, like traditions means anything in the WWE.

The last word was that Taker and Kane is going on last.

The last two Manias they considered putting Hogan-Rock and Hogan-Vince on last, but then at the last minute went with the title matches.

This year they have two title matches, and one could be Goldberg-Lesnar, so that could go on last.

I know that Benoit's match 'should' go on last based on the stip of the Rumble, but keep in mind they totally changed the stip for the Rumble by letting Benoit fight Hunter isntead of Brock, so obviously stips means nothing.

I would put the World Title match last, but what I would do isn't always what necessarily will happen.

Loose Cannon
02-03-2004, 12:41 PM

The last two Manias they considered putting Hogan-Rock and Hogan-Vince on last, but then at the last minute went with the title matches.

This year they have two title matches, and one could be Goldberg-Lesnar, so that could go on last.

I know that Benoit's match 'should' go on last based on the stip of the Rumble, but keep in mind they totally changed the stip for the Rumble by letting Benoit fight Hunter isntead of Brock, so obviously stips means nothing.

I would put the World Title match last, but what I would do isn't always what necessarily will happen.

This WM is going to be really really tough to decide what match gets the privliege of closing out the show. I think if Benoit wins the title, that should be a no doubter about going last. Kane-Taker has the great storyline and buildup working for them right now which gets a tun of fan interest, so I can see the point there. And then Lesner-Goldberg is another intersting match because the guys have never fought before, but have had problems with one another since Survivor Series. So that's another match that the fan would be dying to see.

The CyNick
02-03-2004, 02:15 PM
This WM is going to be really really tough to decide what match gets the privliege of closing out the show. I think if Benoit wins the title, that should be a no doubter about going last. Kane-Taker has the great storyline and buildup working for them right now which gets a tun of fan interest, so I can see the point there. And then Lesner-Goldberg is another intersting match because the guys have never fought before, but have had problems with one another since Survivor Series. So that's another match that the fan would be dying to see.

Yeah it is tough. I kinda assumed that Hunter was willing to put over Benoit if he gets to be in the main event. But now that it looks like they are going with a 3 way, I cant see that type fo match closing out Mania. If they wind up going with the one on one match, then I can definately see this match going last just because its Hunter's match and he took a back seat last year.

The problem with the other two matches is that they likely wont be all that great. Taker-Kane will be ugly, but it'll probably have the most heat of anything else on the card. I mean you look at Rock-Hogan from two years ago, yeah that was a bad match (or at least it wasn't great), but the heat made it worthy of closing out a Wrestlemania, and it hurt the two matches that had to follow it.

Same thing with Lesnar-Goldberg, that match might be alright, but it wont be anywhere near the level of HHH-Benoit (maybe with HBK) or Guerrero/Angle. However, its likely to have a lot of heat. If this is a title match, I think I'd close out with this match. I have a feeling Goldberg will get turned on by the MSG crowd, and I think Lesnar will get a huge pop when he wins. Plus, he's the future of the company, so I dont think its a bad idea to have him holding up the WWE title (the real title) be the last image we see at WM XX.

However I wish they could have enough confidence in Benoit to have him go one on one with HHH, beat him, and have the image of Benoit finally winning the big one close out Mania.

Boondock Saint
02-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Taker-Kane definitely should not be the main event. I think one of the title matches should always be the main event. Even at 18, when Rock-Hogan seemed to be more built up than HHH-Y2J, the title match went last. The crowd wasn't as into it, but it was still put last.

If the decision to make Hogan-Rock not the main event was a last minute one, then I was unaware of that. Although I can see why it would be considered

The CyNick
02-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Taker-Kane definitely should not be the main event. I think one of the title matches should always be the main event. Even at 18, when Rock-Hogan seemed to be more built up than HHH-Y2J, the title match went last. The crowd wasn't as into it, but it was still put last.

If the decision to make Hogan-Rock not the main event was a last minute one, then I was unaware of that. Although I can see why it would be considered

But thats the point, if the fans are not going to be into a match, why put it last? Both of the last two Mania's ended with matches that the fans weren't really all that into. I think the proper way to book a show is to have it build up to a climax which is at the very end. If the WWE cant/wont push the World title match enough to get it over to the level or Brock-Goldberg or Taker-Kane, why put it on last?

Boondock Saint
02-03-2004, 02:54 PM
True. I think the fans were more into it last year than the previous year though. But if Brock/Goldberg is built to be the main event, hopefully it is for the title

Supermark101
02-03-2004, 04:39 PM
However I wish they could have enough confidence in Benoit to have him go one on one with HHH, beat him, and have the image of Benoit finally winning the big one close out Mania.

:y: :y:

I competly agree Benoit rasing the World Title should be the last image of Wrestlemania. It would put him over the top with the causal fans. In a Bret Hart at Wrestlemania X kind of way. I have several causal fans as freinds, and they like watching Beniot for his in ring ability, but think he is not worth watching because he is not "cool". Seeing him win the World Title at Wrestlemania, in the Main Event, would make him "cool" to cheer.

Corkscrewed
02-03-2004, 05:19 PM

I know tradition means jack shit, but HHH does. He didn't get the main event last year, so you know he's "owed" one this year.

Plus, Kane/Taker just doesn't have the main main event feel for me. It's a great matchup, but it doesn't have that "main focus of the show" right now. IMO, it's kinda like that supporting actor who's better than the main actor. Even though this angle is the best on TV right now, it's not the primary angle. That's why it shouldn't go last.

My bet is still Taker/Kane, then some filler match that the tired out crowd can recover from, then Goldberg/Lesnar and Benoit/HHH/(HBK)