PDA

View Full Version : So I just watched ECW One Night Stand...

RVDmark
02-26-2006, 11:03 AM
I stopped watching wrestling about 2 years ago and got back into it in the last few weeks. I watched RR, NWO, and smackdown and Raws. Then I came on here and heard about the One Night Stand so I watched a copy and *Marks the F**K out*. Anyway does anyone know if there is going to be another?
I hadn't watched much ECW before it died and am now about to go buy all the ecw dvd's i can find. What are the best vids?

I realise this is 8 months out of date to be jumping up and down about how good it was but hey I wanted to share the good times.

Good to be back in the forums.

Formally known as THx.

Pepsi Man
02-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes, there will be another show, to answer that question, on June 11 of this year.

loopydate
02-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Hopefully, RVD can stay healthy and wrestle this year.

If you want a video recommendation, you can't do much better than Heatwave 1998.

Loose Cannon
02-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Try to get some shows and stuff and not just PPV's. I hate buying PPV's when I had not seen the storyline buildup to the matches. I feel like I missed a lot. That's what I do with the ECW stuff cause I never saw any of the early footage.

Loose Cannon
02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
BTW, you want to see some great shit

http://www.coreystapes.com/uswa.html

Kris P Lettus
02-26-2006, 01:44 PM

If you want a video recommendation, you can't do much better than Heatwave 1998.

:love:

Only dissapointment is the Rolling Thunder tag match is sloppy..

p.s.Get Hardcore Homecoming.. It was a similar PPV the night before ONS that was put on by Shane Douglas..

loopydate
02-26-2006, 03:32 PM
:love:

Only dissapointment is the Rolling Thunder tag match is sloppy..

Yeah. Some pretty good high spots, but the match as a whole was way below what RVD, Sabu, Hayabusa, and Shinzaki were capable of.

Mr. JL
02-26-2006, 04:09 PM
^
I really did not much enjoy this match. There were a ton of blown spots and awkward moments in the ring. It had it's moments, but in no way is it as good of a match that some people may claim it to be.

Extreme Angle
02-26-2006, 04:16 PM
never seen anything ecw apart from one night stand which was *****
but i heard barely legal was good

loopydate
02-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Barely Legal is another good one. Makes me a little sad, though, because it reminds me of a time when Stevie Richards was actually used to something remotely resembling his potential.