PDA

View Full Version : Ten Times a King

Impeccable
02-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Forgive me if this has already been posted.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/tripleh/tentimestheking/

Basically, I'll save you the troubles of reading it. Triple H recalls all his title reigns and says he is the best. Now, all this hype leading up to wrestlemania about Triple H and his title reigns is reminiscent of the build up to every Mania Triple H main events. But it seriously got me thinking that Cena is going to go over, especially after last years Mania with Batista, and the year before with Benoit. Personally, I think he will put Cena over. Cena was struggling to get a fan reaction, and I'm not saying Triple H is the ultimate heel, but look at what he has done with other stars.

Test in late 1999 - With the whole Stephanie McMahon wedding thing, he made Test look awesome, and at one point, a credible main eventer.

Chris Jericho last man standing match at Fully Loaded 2000 - Okay, so Chris lost, but Trips made him look like the star he should have been.

Kurt Angle through Summer 2000 - The Whole Steph angle...was awesome. Kurt kissing her while she was unconcsious. That angle was funny, and IMO ***helped*** to elevate Kurt. Kurt would have made it , regardless, but that angle pushed him faster.

Jeff Hardy (May 2001) - When Triple H lost the IC title to hardy, but won it back a week later, it boosted his career. In fact, that whole three week feud with the Hardy Boyz made them look amazing.

Shelton Benjamin - When Shelton came to Raw, Triple H put him over big time. A clean victory over Triple H.

Then there's Benoit, and Batista at two consecutive wrestlemanias. What I'm basically getting at is that Triple H puts stars over for fun, and is good at it. Maybe this is just what Cena needs to cement him as a fan favourite. The only problem is, when people think of Triple H, they think of Steiner/Goldberg and his ten championships. What they don't think is that putting the belt on Trips is a way of getting other stars over, and that's where his bad rep comes from.

I know it was a little long winded, but it leads to the point of my post, and the question. Should Cena go over Triple H, or is Cena a lost cause and they should put the belt back on him until a new, young star comes along?

Dave Youell
02-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah I sighed my way through earlier

What Would Kevin Do?
02-27-2006, 06:42 AM
You know, looking back, HHH hasn't been that bad. When he's going after the title, or not involved w/ it, he's usually golden. It's just the long reigns as champ. Unfortunately the business is set up where long reigning heel champions work story wise, and I can't think of many people who would do it better than Trips.

Also, Trips does get a lot of shit for "holding people down." But if you think about it, he's probably helped more people than he's hurt.

Schoenauer
02-27-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm giving Cena one more chance with Trips, if Trips puts Cena over and Cena can be established as credible, then I'll be happy again. But if Trips puts him over and he is stuck where he is now, chances are Cena has been nothing but a lost cause. In my opinion? It'd be interesting to see him put Cena over at Wrestlemania and see where things go for a while, and win it at another PPV.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-27-2006, 12:29 PM
I disagree. They may cheer Cena going into WM, and Trips may put him over. However, if they go back to the same shitty mic work, unbeatable champ thing they've been doing, fans will turn on Cena again. HHH right now has the great thing going for him in that Cena hasn't touched him, so Cena in no way is "unbeatable" to him. If WWE was smart, they'd have a tag match or something, and in the end, have Trips beat Cena cleanly, and maybe even bad.

Run with the "Cena isn't ready for HHH" idea, have Cena's confidence be shattered, etc. If doesn't say much about Angle/Edge, and it makes HHH look like God, but it's the best route for this feud IMO.

If they do it the other way, the fans will boo again.

Y3J
02-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Triple H is the man!

UmbrellaCorporation
02-27-2006, 04:01 PM
I hope Triple H brutally destroys Cena.

tucsonspeed6
02-27-2006, 04:35 PM
The thing about HHH is that even though he is really good at what he does, he's also a little two good at what you don't see him do. Look at where some of the guys he helped put over are now. Shelton Benjamin, Eugene, Benoit, etc. Their shining moments were all when HHH helped get them over. Now, they're back in the trenches with the rest of the workers who aren't over anymore. Does HHH do that to them? I don't have any evidence either way, but sometimes you have to wonder if HHH doesn't do it all just to make himself out to be a nicer guy in the end.

THen again, he does love the business, and I don't think he'd ever do anything to hurt the company in the same way that Hogan hurt WCW.

If you think about it, HHH has things almost at an equilibrium. He isn't a disease, destroying the company, but he does hurt some guys to keep on top. He's created a status quo that that he strongly maintains. He guards an important gate, and he does let some people through (Batista, Orton, etc.) but as long as he's in the company, he'll always be on top. It's something you just have to accept, whether you like it or not.

Disturbed316
02-28-2006, 09:16 AM
He forgot to mention when he banged Stephanie.