PDA

View Full Version : (Discussion) - WWE's selections

Rock Bottom
01-31-2004, 04:04 AM
Someone brought up a good point in the post I was reading, I believe it was something along the lines of, "The WWE just randomly picks someone, gives them overnight training and says, 'You're a superstar now.'" This is an interesting point and I thought to get the opinions of people on a couple things regarding it.

Let's start with Brock Lesnar... Now before I even say anything, don't get me wrong... I'm not saying Brock can't do the job, he's a good heel imo and I think pushing him was the right thing to do.

If I recall correctly, Brock was Heyman's masterpiece, that he swore to everyone would tear the WWE a new asshole. And he really did. I remember this specifically, because I am clearly a hardcore Rock fan. Brock started whipping up on everyone, and then entered the King of the Ring and knocked the piss out of people. Then the dread struck me! He was gonna beat The Rock and get the belt. And of course, he did. I was crying like a little girl, man. Even though The Rock had hit a #7 title reign, I was happy about that, I was distracted with "Damnit, The Rock is gone again." But I didn't realize just how fast Brock got up there. I have no idea what he did before WWE or anything but I'd never seen him on TV before he was with Heyman.

Now all the sudden, every 5 minutes I do find myself going, who the hell is this guy, who the hell are these guys, and things like that.

When there are guys that I've seen on TV for an ass amount of time that really don't ever go anywhere... Now, while this is nothing new to most people, I just wanted some opinions, or some more examples... Maybe some info on guys like The Bashams, Batista, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, people like that. Of course, I will reiterate, I'm not saying people aren't talented or that I don't like them, or what's being done with them, but it just seems wrong for all you Jericho, RVD, fans etc. Is it in the gimmicks? Is it purely experimental to see how much they draw? Is it because they know what to expect from guys like Jericho or RVD?

Darkone
01-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Ehh, its not really the gimmicks or anything else like that.

I've watched RVD since he was in ECW. He is one of my favortie wrestlers, like you have the Rock. I've been watching him for years, and it would be cool to see him win a huge title or something. Or have enough TV time ot really show what he can do.

Benoit is another example, until just recently Benoit was known (and still is) as one of the best wrestlers in the world, he's a former Horseman, but he's always being buried, of course till just recently.

I don't have a problem with Brock, Cena, or Batista. But screw the Bashams. Let Rey and Tajiri go out there and spend twice as long actually doing what they can do, not toneing it down.

I guess for me, it comes down to watching wrestlers over a long period of time and having them endure themsleves to you.

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Ummmm...They really aren't introing random people THAT often. The BAshams definitely didn't receive fly-by-night training...And Lesnar is already a skilled wrestler, so he'd need less training than your average Pro Wrestler anyways.

Hardcore Legend
01-31-2004, 12:54 PM
You mean guys like Matt Morgan walking into Smackdown main events without so much as a proper introduction, he just seems like an over-size guy lacking in decent moves & charisma. The Bashams may well have had more than 'fly-by-night' training but they didn't get much t.v time before they were already tag champs & have been for some time, true the WWE don't seem to care about the tag-team division anymore & seem to split a team up every other week but there must be more deserving guys out there ??? I don't see them getting much in the way of heat & there whole 'switch' gimmick where they take advantage of looking alike to win matches is old & already very tired. It seems that big guys like Morgan & Batista get huge pushes despite there obvious lack of ability & guys on the roster with real potential/talent/experience suffer.

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 12:59 PM
You mean guys like Matt Morgan walking into Smackdown main events without so much as a proper introduction, he just seems like an over-size guy lacking in decent moves & charisma. The Bashams may well have had more than 'fly-by-night' training but they didn't get much t.v time before they were already tag champs & have been for some time, true the WWE don't seem to care about the tag-team division anymore & seem to split a team up every other week but there must be more deserving guys out there ??? I don't see them getting much in the way of heat & there whole 'switch' gimmick where they take advantage of looking alike to win matches is old & already very tired. It seems that big guys like Morgan & Batista get huge pushes despite there obvious lack of ability & guys on the roster with real potential/talent/experience suffer.

Wow. You managed to express the clichéd "big man blues" without even the need for paragraphs or more than a couple of full stops.

Hardcore Legend
01-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Wow. You managed to express the clichéd "big man blues" without even the need for paragraphs or more than a couple of full stops.
Well thanks for the English lesson, could it be that you share the same <ahem> 'fetish' for 'BIG' guys as one Vincent Kennedy McMahon ???

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 01:38 PM
Well thanks for the English lesson, could it be that you share the same <ahem> 'fetish' for 'BIG' guys as one Vincent Kennedy McMahon ???

Wow.

How sad must you be for that to be your comeback?

Wow.

I bet you actually thought that was a "smart" comeback, too. That's the sad part.

Hardcore Legend
01-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Wow.

How sad must you be for that to be your comeback?

Wow.

I bet you actually thought that was a "smart" comeback, too. That's the sad part.
... & there was me thinking it was the smartest comeback since bringing Austin back as Sheriff of Raw (is Jericho)
<note to self: irony & lame attempts at humour don't go down well on this board ....

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 01:51 PM
... & there was me thinking it was the smartest comeback since bringing Austin back as Sheriff of Raw (is Jericho)
<</>note to self: irony & lame attempts at humour don't go down well on this board ....

Irony goes over well...You just need to be smart enough to use it.

Rock Bottom
01-31-2004, 11:57 PM
Ummmm...They really aren't introing random people THAT often. The BAshams definitely didn't receive fly-by-night training...And Lesnar is already a skilled wrestler, so he'd need less training than your average Pro Wrestler anyways.

Well, these weren't exactly my words, my post was more along the lines of if anyone knew anything about these guys pre-WWE or anything (I'm pretty clueless to all of them) and some opinions and stuff. Thank you for the actual opinion, I wasn't trying to start the thread and go off on a "this wrestler sucks" spree...