PDA

View Full Version : Post Wrestlemania Storylines

Someone1001
03-02-2006, 03:06 PM
To make things clear, I realize that there is no way in heck that the WWE is going to do any of what I'm about to suggest. It'd be too smart for them.

I'll start off by looking at the current Wrestlemania card.
Kurt Angle V.S. Randy Orton V.S. Rey Mysterio.
John Cena V.S. Triple H.
Vince McMahon V.S. Shawn Michaels.
Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
Chris Benoit V.S. JBL
Edge Vs. Mick Foley (at least I think this is on Wreslemania...)

Ok...decent enough card, but it needs some more matches. I'd throw on Trish Stratus Vs. Lita, Undertaker Vs. Mark Henry, and MNM in four way title defence Vs. the Mexicools, the Gymini, and London and Kendrick. Toss in a Cruserweight title defence on Heat/pre-show, and it's fairly solid. (And hopefully can fit inside of 4 hours)

As for how I'd book em to go down...Trish would still be playing the fool in the Mickey James storyline, and she'd cost her the title...just not on purpose. Undertaker would go over, naturally. MNM too. Helms would retain. As to actual confirmed matches...have Edge go over Foley. It's the right thing to do. Chris Benoit should retain. Shelton'll grab the MitB, after Flair is taken out by Carlito (if he's in the match or not won't matter). Vince'll go over Shawn after gratuitous interferance from the Spirit Squad...and Three Minute Warning. Finally, Rey will pin Orton with a bit of help from Chavo and have one of those big Wrestlemania picture moments.

Why book this way?
Rey can face off with Angle again, seeing as how he "never lost the title".
Orton can fued with Chavo.
Carlito'll continue to get the rub by working with Flair.
Michaels can do a Rockers reunion to take down the Spirit Squad and Three Minute Warning before finally getting his hands on Vince one more time.
Shelton winning the MitB will lead to some fun segments with his momma, and they could bring back Hass to watch his back because "everyone is gunning for him".
Edge can get jealous that Lita's a champion and he isn't. Some weeks later, Edge costs her a match against James, turning Lita face.
James claims to have won the belt for Trish...but she doesn't take it. She wants to earn it. James, title going to her head, begins to 'replace' Trish. Trish takes offence, naturally, setting up the match between the two. James takes a chair to Trish, turning heel, and denouncing Trish as her idol.

So...what do you think? One fans ramblings, or the future of the WWE?

Arnold HamNegger
03-02-2006, 03:37 PM
The fact that you don't include the letters R-V-D in any of this makes me want to have you covered in sugar and forced to dry hump an Amazonian fire ant hill.

tucsonspeed6
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Just picking at a few of your ideas:

I totally agree about Edge going over Foley. As a part time wrestler, there's no reason for Foley to go over anyone except maybe Taker. If the match is as good as Orton/Foley, Edge will be rocketed back to the ME scene, maybe for a second transitional championship. (As long as they don't turn him face...)

Turning Lita face shouldn't happen. I think the fans have way too much fun chanting "SLUT!" to cheer her anytime soon. Besides, just being near her gets Edge over that much more as a heel.

Putting Edge in the middle of the Women's division would really boost the Women's belt. Having one of the male main eventers showing that much interest in who's women's champion would be a huge boost for the women's belt, but it would really pull Edge down some too. Sure, it'd give him heat for harassing the women, but everyone will be asking, "Why doesn't he just challenge for the belt again?" If he's not in the main even scene, all the heat from his Foley win will be forgotten before too long.

So what do you choose? Hurt the reputation of a top heel whose name isn't HHH? Or let the Women's division sit and stew right where it is now? My opinion is that the writers and bookers would just screw up the women's division shortly afterwards anyway because they wouldn't know how to keep interest up, and pretty soon we'd be back to flopping around in the mud again anyway. Screw that. Focus on having strong heels in the main event.

Someone1001
03-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Putting Edge in the middle of the Women's division would really boost the Women's belt. Having one of the male main eventers showing that much interest in who's women's champion would be a huge boost for the women's belt, but it would really pull Edge down some too. Sure, it'd give him heat for harassing the women, but everyone will be asking, "Why doesn't he just challenge for the belt again?" If he's not in the main even scene, all the heat from his Foley win will be forgotten before too long.

Well, the idea behind him getting jealous over Lita's title reign would be in part due to his frustration of being out of the title hunt himself. He can springboard off Lita back into the main event. The WWE constantly sticks women into the main event picture as a way to generate heat on the heel, so why the heck wouldn't they go for it? Especially if it gives the women's division a spark and another supposed wrestler? Besides, it'd be a natural turn for his character, the rated R superstar. He'd be free to have 'live sex' with anyone he wanted!...or not. But he would be free from the constraint Lita puts on him.

Oh, and in my post I forgot to talk about the future of HHH after he wins the title. But then, I just kinda assume that he and Cena'll have a rematch, followed by a match with RVD (because he's arguably the third biggest 'face' on the brand), at which point, if he decides to let the title go again, he'll lose it to Michaels or Flair. It's all rather ho-hum until the second half of the year when Edge, Shelton, and Carlito begin to factor into the title hunt.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I like a lot of it, it's well thought out. I'll go throught the whole thing bit-by-bit.

WWE Tag Team Championship
I like the multi-man match idea. I'd have it under elimination rules. Simon Dean accidentally costs The Gymini the match to The Mexicools, ending their undefeated streak. MNM are then eliminated by Paul London & Brian Kendrick, leaving us with confirmed new Champions. We have some nice spots, before MNM get steel chairs and come back in nailing The 'Cools and Team Londrick causing a Double DQ. With the titles not changing hands as a result of a disqualification, and with no clear winner being named, MNM retain the WWE Tag Team Championship.

This all leads up to a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match at Judgment Day for the WWE Tag Team Championship.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
I'm not sure who Helms could defend against, but let's just throw in Jamie Noble, Kid Kash, Daivari, Nunzio, Funaki & Kid Kash. Helms retaining seems as good as anything.

Kid Kash or Jamie Noble are not involved in the decision. They get a 3-Way Dance confirmed for Judgment Day, so they will either be pinned, submit or walk out Cruiserweight Champion. Jamie Noble turns full-fledged face between now and then.

WWE Women's Championship
Trish Stratus vs. Lita is an interesting scenario, and I think it could work. Lita winning the belt seems good here. I like pretty much everything you've set up for the Women's Division after WrestleMania as well.

The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry
Taker winning is pretty much all that needs to be done here.

Edge vs. Mick Foley
Again, all they need to do with this is have Edge go over.

WWE United States Championship
I'm looking forward to this match, because it is a solid mid-card match, but I don't really think the end result matters. Chris Benoit going over seems the better direction for the title, as Benoit can defend against anyone due to his "Fighting Champion" policy, plus he's one of the best wrestlers in the business. The title could use some stability as well.

Chris Benoit can face Paul Burchill or someone at Judgment Day, while JBL can blame his loss on Orlando Jordan, setting up an OJ face turn, and a match between the two at Judgment Day.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Part of me wants to seea face win this year. But if a heel wins, I'd love for it to be Johnny Jeter or Ken Doane of The Spirit Squad. Seeing as they are not confirmed for the match, I'll just say I'd rather see Rob Van Dam win the match than Shelton Benjamin. It could get some interest into the WWE Championship match.

Carlito & Ric Flair feuding could be good, but it's been a done a bit by the WWE recently. I'd have Flair take a manager role, personally. Stick him with Charlie Haas. Benjamin vs. Haas w/Flair for the IC Title at Backlash is my plan. Carlito can face Chavo Guerrero or someone at Backlash (he'd go over, don't worry).

Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon
Someone interfering, costing HBK the match and an inevitable confrontation with him at Backlash is the best way to book this thing, in my opinion. 3 Minute Warning getting involved would make sense, but I see 3MW going straight after Kane & Big Show for the World Tag Team Championship (maybe even at this event). The Spirit Squad could use the attention here, as well as maybe Shelton Benjamin or some other heels on the card like Rob Conway.

At Backlash, they may as well just go with The Rockers vs. Ken Doane & Johnny Jeter of The Spirit Squad.

WWE Championship
I personally believe John Cena should remain undefeated at WrestleMania, going 3-0 here. Have RVD come out after the match and staredown Cena. Heading into this match, Cena gets some edge back slightly.

World Heavyweight Championship
A Rey win here could be good, but I am still backing Angle retaining the title. Rey would only be a transitional Champion, and then you have the fact that Batista will be returning and gunning after the WHC. I have a feeling Mysterio vs. Batista is one of those face vs. face matches that would turn one of the guys involved, and believe it or not, I think the fans would end up booing Mysterio. Not a good scenario. There is also no way Mysterio takes the fall in his second chance match, so that leaves us with a decision involving Angle & Orton.

Orton winning the title would be a downer way to end the show, it's one the WWE shouldn't go with. Angle retains here with an Angle Slam on Orton (I think he should re-establish the move as a finisher), and we get a staredown between Angle & Mysterio to end the show, and an eventual match between the two at Judgment Day. Orton being cost the match by Chavo Guerrero is fitting as well. Have Orton/Guerrero held off until Summerslam, though.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2006, 10:04 PM
So here are my Backlash & Judgment Day cards:

Backlash:

WWE Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge
Rob Van Dam wins the WWE Championship from John Cena on the RAW after Mania, with some help from Triple H, continuing the John Cena vs. Triple H feud. RVD goes over here with the Five Star Frog Splash. This is just a stepping stone in his title reign.

Street Fight: John Cena vs. Triple H
Triple H costs Cena the WWE Championship, and this match is set. Triple H works well in the undercard, and people are seemigly more willing to accept Cena when he is away from the WWE Championship. This feud is better off away from the belt if you ask me (something I've been saying for a while, as well as many other people). Triple H wins this thing so it can go onto Round 3 at Vengeance in a Hell in a Cell Match, as the WWE likes putting them on at this time of year.

Kane vs. Big Show
After losing the belts, it is inevitable these two face off. Kane wins here, possibly turning heel. A logical direction for these men after this event is for Kane to challenge RVD for the WWE Title, while Big Show feuds with Edge (maybe even picking up Lita as a valet).

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Shelton Benjamin vs. Charlie Haas
Ric Flair is in Charlie Haas' corner. It seems like the thing to do here would be to put the IC Title on Haas, but I think Benjamin should retain here. On the following RAW, Flair calls out Charlie Haas says he knows what is coming next, Haas blames Flair for the loss at Backlash, words are exchanged, punches are thrown and they face off it a bloody match at Vengeance. Flair says he wants to stop this before it swells up. Flair says he's getting older now, and seeing as he received the title of "The Nature Boy" from Buddy Rogers, Flair wants to pass on the title to someone else. He chooses Haas and we get Ric Flair vs. Charlie Haas for the title of "The Nature Boy" at Vengeance.

World Tag Team Championship: 3 Minute Warning vs. Val Venis & Viscera
This is just a standard tag team match to get the belts on PPV. 3MW retain.

WWE Women's Championship: Lita vs. Mickie James
This is one of those instances where you need to stop thinking about face booking and heel booking, and just think about dramatic booking. Edge Spearing Lita, costing her the WWE Women's Championship could be booed or cheered. Either way, go with it. Mickie James wins the title here, before defending against Trish Stratus at Vengeance.

The Rockers vs. Ken Doane & Johnny Jeter
Putting The Spirit Squad members over here makes the most sense, but you have heel champs at the moment. I'll go with a Triple Threat Tag Team Match at Vengeance between 3MW, The SS & The Rockers. "Kenny" & "Johnny" pick up the win here, though.

#1 Contender's Match for the WWE Championship: Carlito vs. Chavo Guerrero
Carlito goes over here when Randy Orton runs in and shoves Chavo off the top rope as he is about to hit a Frog Splash. Chavo's throat hits the top rope on the way down, and he bounces back into Carlito's Wave/The Apple Turnover/Slice of the Apple (whatever they're calling his Reverse Swinging Neckbreaker) for the Carlito win.

If There's Time Match: Nick Dinsmore vs. Rob Conway
Matt Striker is in the corner of Nick Dinsmore. They need to get Dinsmore away from the "Eugene" character. They blew it with Dinsmore's hiatus, so now they really need to address the situation through storylines. Let's just say Matt Striker decides to start "teaching" Eugene. He teaches him simple stuff, but he slowly starts imposing his will upon Eugene, getting him to cut his hair, teaching him to speak more strongly, etc. Eugene doesn't turn heel right away, but slowly just transforms. Matt Striker can suggest the name "Nick" for the new Eugene, because he always wanted a son named that or something. Nick Dinsmore begins showing promise, and Dinsmore challenges Rob Conway to a match at Backlash.

Dinsmore wins this thing, letting Conway & Dinsmore go as long as they can with whatever time they have left. Dinsmore wins with the German Suplex after Striker distracts Conway.

Judgment Day

World Heavyweight Championship: Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio
This results from WrestleMania, as Angle didn't pin Mysterio. The two have great chemistry, so I'm sure they'll pull out a MOTY candidate. Angle retains with the Angle Slam when it becomes apparent Rey will not tap to the Ankle Lock.

Randy Orton vs. Bobby Lashley
This has some thrown together story. Randy Orton cashes in his favour from Booker T here, but Chavo Guerrero is out to help even things out, allowing Lashley to pick up the win.

WWE United States Championship: Chris Benoit vs. Paul Burchill
Face vs. face here. Benoit retains the title in a match which is designed to make Burchill look like he's in Benoit's league. Although some kind on conspiracy between Regal & Burchill to get the belt off Benoit would be nice as well.

JBL vs. Orlando Jordan
Whether or not they go through with the bi-sexual storyline, I think OJ needs to turn face. Jordan wins this match, because JBL has enough heat to bounce back from anything.

Booker T vs. The Boogeyman
I see them holding this off as long as they can to keep tension flying, and to allow Boogeyman some time to practice some more. Booker T wins cleanly here, because the Maneyboog isn't a permanent character, while Booker T still has hope of being World Champion and not havng people turn off in disgust.

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship: MNM vs. The Mexicools vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
MNM walk in with the belts, so they shouldn't walk out (the division needs to be established, so having them go over here does nought for the titles). That leaves us with their Psicosis & Super Crazy or Paul London & Brian Kendrick as new WWE Tag Team Champions.

Seeing as One Night Stand II is coming up, The Mexicools don't need the belts. Plus they have already been semi-established as a tag team (what with the name, music and all), whereas London & Kendrick still kinda seem like two guys stuck together because creative can't be bothered to push them. London & Kendrick channel their mentor, Shawn Michaels, here and climb the ladder and grab the suspended belts.

Finlay vs. William Regal
This is just for show. Regal steals the win here, as Finlay arguably doesn't need it. Regal can then go on to face Chris Benoit at The Great American Bash for the WWE United States Championship.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms vs. Kid Kash vs. Jamie Noble
This is under elimination rules. Noble is a face, Kid Kash is kind of a tweener, while Helms is the full heel. A title change here seems like the thing to do, but I'd hold it off for The Great American Bash. They usually do The Bash in Viriginia, don't they? If so, Noble winning the belt there could be huge. Helms & Kash team up to work over on Noble, Noble battles back, Helms & Kash cheat, Noble is eliminated by Kash, Helms then sneaks one over Kash.

We get Gregory Helms vs. Jamie Noble one-on-one for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at The Great American Bash, with Noble going over.

If There's Time Match: The Gymini vs. Simon Dean & ?????
Stemming from the Fatal Fourway at WrestleMania, The Gymini and Simon Dean have a falling out. The Gymini want Simon Dean, so Dean says he'll bring back-up to Judgment Day. It can really stem from anyone from Steven Richards to Danny Inferno to Aaron Stevens. Whether or not you keep them together as a tag team, or whether or not you simply use this to push The Gymini as a face tag team depends on the circumstance.

I'm going to say give the win to Dean & his partner, as they would be ready to keep on teaming. The Gymini can't really be "The Gymini" if they're fighting the Gym. They could probably use some more sharpening in the developmental system, at least for a few weeks. This match could easily take place on an edition of SmackDown!, or even Velocity, so it would only go here if they decide to use the nine-match format.

And in short, here are possible Vengeance and The Great American Bash cards:

Vengeance:

-Rob Van Dam vs. Kane for the WWE Championship
-Triple H vs. John Cena in a Hell in a Cell Match
-Ric Flair vs. Charlie Haas for the title of "The Nature Boy"
-Edge vs. Big Show
-Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus for the WWE Women's Championship
-Shelton Benjamin vs. Nick Dinsmore for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
-3 Minute Warning vs. The Spirit Squad vs. The Rockers for the World Tag Team Championship

The Great American Bash

-Kurt Angle vs. Booker T for the World Heavyweight Championship
-Randy Orton & Finlay vs. Bobby Lashley & Paul Burchill
-Rey Mysterio vs. JBL
-Chris Benoit vs. William Regal for the WWE United States Championship
-Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. MNM for the WWE Tag Team Championship
-Gregory Helms vs. Jamie Noble for the WWE Crusierweight Championship
-The Mexicools vs. Simon Dean & Partner
-The Undertaker vs. The Boogeyman

St. Jimmy
03-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Cena and Trips Hell in Cell would be good IMO.
if anyone can get a good match out of Cena, Trips is the man.