PDA

View Full Version : A River Runs Through It

KillerWolf
03-02-2006, 11:16 PM
i just watched this movie for the first time a couple of days ago. i found it to be a pretty pretentious film. i mean it was clearly Oscar bait.

does the fact that a movie is quaint and timey give it an excuse to uterly boring and pointless? an hour and a half into it, im thinkin', "is there going to be any conflict in this movie? i cant beleive it's an hour and a half in and nothing has happened. everyone seems to be living a pretty normal and happy life."

albeit far from the worst movie i've seen, in the context of what it is supposed to be, the movie is a complete fraud. furthermore, it did not contain one interesting character - least interesting of all: the main character.

you do not make a movie based on a man's memoirs, when a man has led an uterly normal and uneventful life - and then claim to have a "classic" on your hands.

The Greater Power
03-03-2006, 04:00 PM
I saw it a long time ago and I think (if there was a book) I read the book for school.

It wasn't bad.

YOUR Hero
03-16-2006, 08:57 PM
IT HAD BRAD PITT!

DMI
03-16-2006, 09:19 PM
thats one of the films i really want to see but never remember or get around to it. plus, what hero said.

KillerWolf
03-16-2006, 10:37 PM
rent it and see for yourself. it's awful.

BCWWF
03-19-2006, 03:39 AM
The first time I watched it, I was kind of confused and indifferent, because I was expecting so much.

The second time I watched it, it started to make more sense. In the end, all things merge into one and a river runs through it. It's more than what meets the eye, ie it's not House of Wax.