PDA

View Full Version : What. The Fuck? (Impact Spoilers/Sting)

Kane Knight
03-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Okay, watching them show the big tape and everything, and Sting says he's not coming to the PPV as Sting, but as Steve Borden? What the fuck? How retarded are the bookers? How hard is it to fucking book Sting?

Skippord
03-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah I didnt know what they were smoking either

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2006, 12:27 AM
I can see what TNA are trying to do, but they can't overbook this. Alex Shelley involves himself in Steve Borden's personal life, have Sting start swinging a baseball bat. I like the way TNA are tying to play up the retired thing, but it is obvious he is still under contract, so cut the chase and have him bust some fuckers open.

PullMyFinger
03-05-2006, 12:54 AM
LOL I was laughing at that segment the entire time tonight. LOL I loved Shelley's reaction when Sting found out he was taping him. "Do you think this is funny?" "...no"

The looks on Jarrett and crew's face was also priceless.

Skippord
03-05-2006, 01:46 AM
James Storm was classic

Pinnacle Charisma
03-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Sounds like something Vince would do

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 08:34 AM
LOL I was laughing at that segment the entire time tonight. LOL I loved Shelley's reaction when Sting found out he was taping him. "Do you think this is funny?" "...no"

The looks on Jarrett and crew's face was also priceless.

The segment=Funny.
The idea of leaving "sting" out of the promotion=dumb.

Mr. JL
03-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Okay, watching them show the big tape and everything, and Sting says he's not coming to the PPV as Sting, but as Steve Borden? What the fuck? How retarded are the bookers? How hard is it to fucking book Sting?
He is not 'coming' as Sting, but as Steve Borden? Wtf?

I bet he still shows up with face paint and shit

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Yup. He's not coming as Sting.

I'm morbidly curious to see if he like comes out in a track suit and a baseball cap and clears the ring with a golf club or what.

Mr. JL
03-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Sunday church clothes. Instead of a bat, he'll beat on them with a bible.

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 09:22 AM
I was hoping for a soccer mom sort of deal.

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 09:25 AM
How much ass would it kick if Steve took Jarrett, tossed him in the back of his minivan, and took him for a Joyride?

Skippord
03-05-2006, 09:28 AM
I've got it he is gonna run in and beat Jarrett with his kid BRILLIANT

JH
03-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I can sum up all of these replys with the famous words of Ron Simmons
Well I'll Be DAMN

Pepsi Man
03-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I guess now he's just a...MAN CALLED STEVE! MAN CALLED STEVE! HE'S A MAN...CALLED STEVE!

Okay, maybe that doesn't work so well. :o

Mr. JL
03-05-2006, 11:34 AM
MAN CALLED STEVE! MAN CALLED STEVE! HE'S A MAN...CALLED STEVE!

Sadly, Don West has already scribbled down those exact lines and will use them all pay per view long.

Pepsi Man
03-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Sadly, Don West has already scribbled down those exact lines and will use them all pay per view long.
Damn, I never thought about it in that context, but now that you mention it, I could hear it already. :(

6to1
03-05-2006, 11:50 AM
i want to know who it was jeff was talking about at the end you think it was scott stiener

Pepsi Man
03-05-2006, 11:51 AM
i want to know who it was jeff was talking about at the end you think it was scott stiener
That was my first thought, to be honest.

PullMyFinger
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
What'll probably happen is this...he'll come back as Steve Borden....Jarrett will one up him and kick his ass. Then he'll prance around and say he beat Steve Borden's ass.....and with that the lights will go out and the mind games will start again. Sting will come back in his usual attire from the top of the Impact Zone LOLLLL

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 01:11 PM
What'll probably happen is this...he'll come back as Steve Borden....Jarrett will one up him and kick his ass. Then he'll prance around and say he beat Steve Borden's ass.....and with that the lights will go out and the mind games will start again. Sting will come back in his usual attire from the top of the Impact Zone LOLLLL

I hope so. That's the ONLY positive scenario I've thought of (Not exact, but close enough).

PureHatred
03-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Although, if you think about it, this opens up the possibility of a whole slew of new storylines:

"OH MY GOD!! Steve Borden just attacked Chrsitian Cage with a golf club!!WHY!!??"

"Wiat a second..that's Steve Borden standing up there at the top of the ramp!!!"

"Then one of these men must be ...the fake Steve Borden1!!"

loopydate
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Bring Jeff Farmer out of retirement as "Planet Jarrett Borden."

Xero
03-05-2006, 03:24 PM
The Steve Borden Order. It's a stable of middle class guys who kick the scum out of their town.

Basically Kerwin White, only they're all really white.

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Although, if you think about it, this opens up the possibility of a whole slew of new storylines:

"OH MY GOD!! Steve Borden just attacked Chrsitian Cage with a golf club!!WHY!!??"

"Wiat a second..that's Steve Borden standing up there at the top of the ramp!!!"

"Then one of these men must be ...the fake Steve Borden1!!"

His face looks kinda fake even without paint, so...

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
The Steve Borden Order. It's a stable of middle class guys who kick the scum out of their town.

Basically Kerwin White, only they're all really white.

And not as funny when they say "if it's not white, it's not right."

Sephiroth
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Yup. He's not coming as Sting.

I'm morbidly curious to see if he like comes out in a track suit and a baseball cap and clears the ring with a golf club or what.

He'll start praying in the middle of the ring, hoping they will run away.

Kane Knight
03-05-2006, 06:37 PM
He'll start praying in the middle of the ring, hoping they will run away.

Stin...Errr...Steve: The Lord is my baseball bat, and he shall swing mightily upon the nonbelievers!

Jarrett: Thsi guy's creeping me out...Let's get out of here.

(JJ's boys creep out of the ring slowly as Steve starts speaking in tongues)

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2006, 04:26 AM
What I hope happens at Destination X:

Alex Shelley comes out to the ring, grabs a microphone and starts talking about how Steve Borden isn't happy Shelley chased him around with a camera. Maybe he should of thought of that before he signed a $500,000 contract before walking out on it. Shelley plays the bitter role, talking about how Borden gets things his way because he did some stuff in WCW so many years ago. Times have changed, etc.

Borden comes out and says he isn't going to fight Shelley, an act like that would be against God's will. Shelley laughs at Borden then beats the crap out of him, even busting him open. Christian Cage runs down for the save. Cage then gets a microphone and asks Borden what the Hell he thinks he is doing? Cage says Steve Borden has no place in wrestling...Sting has a place in wrestling. Cage slaps Borden and tells him not to come back until he is ready to crack.

The next few weeks have Alex Shelley mocking Sting, creating a logo similiar in design to Sting's, notably with a shell instead of a scorpion. He coins the catchphrase "It's Shelltime!". He uses the Sharpshooter, calling it the "Shellshooter", etc. He challenges Sting to a match at Lockdown, and demands that TNA enforce it as part of his contract.

They build up tension towards Lockdown, as Sting feels as if he is no longer in shape to hang with someone like Alex Shelley. Cage says Shelley may be a better wrestler at this stage, and may be a better athlete, but Sting has something that Shelley will never have. It's an x-factor which Shelley will not take into consideration. The big match experience, the exposure, the namesake, something Shelley can't comprehend. It may be the only thing Sting has over Shelley, but if his career has been anything, it will make him victorious at Lockdown.

I just think it would be a nice angle to slowly build Sting up instead of having him trample over young talent. Alex Shelley vs. Sting with Alex Shelley as the favourite? That's an alternative style of booking the what the WWE employs.

Pinnacle Charisma
03-06-2006, 05:57 AM
^^
:y:

Alienoid that is fucking awesome

Jaton
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Wow. I'm glad I haven't been watching this shit. I've been looking at news sites and such, and it seems to get gayer with every passing day.

Skippord
03-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Dont call it gay TEH BORDEN IZ GONNA GET YOU !!!!!111111

PullMyFinger
03-06-2006, 07:53 PM
What I hope happens at Destination X:

Alex Shelley comes out to the ring, grabs a microphone and starts talking about how Steve Borden isn't happy Shelley chased him around with a camera. Maybe he should of thought of that before he signed a $500,000 contract before walking out on it. Shelley plays the bitter role, talking about how Borden gets things his way because he did some stuff in WCW so many years ago. Times have changed, etc.

Borden comes out and says he isn't going to fight Shelley, an act like that would be against God's will. Shelley laughs at Borden then beats the crap out of him, even busting him open. Christian Cage runs down for the save. Cage then gets a microphone and asks Borden what the Hell he thinks he is doing? Cage says Steve Borden has no place in wrestling...Sting has a place in wrestling. Cage slaps Borden and tells him not to come back until he is ready to crack.

The next few weeks have Alex Shelley mocking Sting, creating a logo similiar in design to Sting's, notably with a shell instead of a scorpion. He coins the catchphrase "It's Shelltime!". He uses the Sharpshooter, calling it the "Shellshooter", etc. He challenges Sting to a match at Lockdown, and demands that TNA enforce it as part of his contract.

They build up tension towards Lockdown, as Sting feels as if he is no longer in shape to hang with someone like Alex Shelley. Cage says Shelley may be a better wrestler at this stage, and may be a better athlete, but Sting has something that Shelley will never have. It's an x-factor which Shelley will not take into consideration. The big match experience, the exposure, the namesake, something Shelley can't comprehend. It may be the only thing Sting has over Shelley, but if his career has been anything, it will make him victorious at Lockdown.

I just think it would be a nice angle to slowly build Sting up instead of having him trample over young talent. Alex Shelley vs. Sting with Alex Shelley as the favourite? That's an alternative style of booking the what the WWE employs.
Amazing, and I hope that happens. Shelley is due for a feud with Stinger.

vampiro03
03-06-2006, 10:35 PM
I miss the SILENT sting. he was the awesome one. he never needed to say a word. I hate this steve bordon shit! sting doesn't need a build up! HES STING! without the hair, he should have colorful facepaint too. I am sting's #1 mark and I HATE this stroryline! Here is an Idea: Steve gets to the ppv and says hes done with wrestling the fans boo, on his way up the ramp he is mugged by James Mitchell and Abyss. they throw him in the trunk and drive off ending the show. The next few weeks Mitchell rambles about some crap then says hes reforming the "New Church" and we see flashes of Abyss, Brian Lee, Slash, and STING! thats how they should do it.