PDA

View Full Version : TSN and SportsNet.

YOUR Hero
03-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Last night, I was surfing through the channels and decided to check out what the two major sports channels up here in Canada had to offer. First I went to SportsNet and they had this poker stuff on. I'm not interested in this stuff at all. I decide to check out TSN next, now I could have went over to CBC and watched hockey, but for some reason I just didn't feel like watching hockey. So yeah, there I was, on TSN, Canada's other big sports channel. What do I find? - More poker. Poker. Both of the major stations are showing poker, different people, but both were showing Texas Hold 'em. Pissed me off. Here we are, just a week or so past the Olympics, we've got the world championships coming up in many sports, like the Speed Skating and I think some of the Skiing. Now I'm not some avid speed skater follower, or ski freak, but come on. You would think the momentum of the Olympics, the fact that Canada actually did well in Speed Skating anyway, that we'd get follow up of these sports and maybe build a new fan base. -Now the Speed Skating and Skiing were merely examples, there are tons of other sporting events that they could follow. Hell, CBC has been showing 'The Scott Tournament of Hearts' (curling) for a good week or two.

It's really time that our Canadian Sports channels start showing and promoting interest in other sports, be it swimming and track, be it bobsledding, speed skating, etc on a more consistent basis. Poker is not a sport, nor is hockey the only thing they should be interested in.

road doggy dogg
03-05-2006, 02:31 PM
I totally agree.. I rarely even watch TSN anymore 'cause all they show is fuckin World Series of Poker now

BCWWF
03-06-2006, 01:12 AM
The best channel ever, and the one it seems like you are looking for, is Eurosport. When I was in Europe last January all they showed was ski jumping, and I loved it.

Blitz
03-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Eh, the only things I watch on TSN are hockey, Sportscenter, and occasionally Off The Record.

Zen v.W.o.
03-15-2006, 07:28 PM
What about raw?

I agree though. Hell I dont even think Poker should be shown on these channels.

Gambling is for losers.

Blitz
03-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah, forgot about Raw.

Gertner
03-15-2006, 11:21 PM
the only reasons i watch TSN is for Jay Onrait who is hilarious and Jennifer Hedger who is hott

Zen v.W.o.
03-15-2006, 11:40 PM
What about your hero's boy darren dutchysen?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Yea ESPN has Poker on a lot now, but usually at random times. Like early in the afternoon, or late night. Unless its a "new" poker tournament that hasn't been shown before. Just trying to cash in off the craze I guess. Personally, I'd rather watch anything over ski jumping, or speed skating but i'm not Canadian, so I dunno.

Adder
03-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I understand what Hero's saying. I don't think, well in fact he said, those were just examples.

These sports stations aren't really giving a person much of a variety in terms of sport. Even the American ones, sure with them you'll get some Nascar and college events, but the variety of sports shown compared to the variety of sports available to watch is minuscule.