PDA

View Full Version : When will it get better?

Stickman
03-07-2006, 11:34 AM
As I've explained before I've been watching WWE since the 80's. I've always put my monday nights aside so I could watch Raw. I don't watch Smackdown because it's pure shit. However, two weeks ago I had to work so I didn't see Raw. Last week, I did something else so I didn't get to watch the whole thing, and last night I was extremely uninterested. I watched UFC and Pros VS Joes.

We all know wrestling ahsn't been good in years, but then I've been thinking, it's been FIVE FUCKING YEARS since it was consistently good. I enjoyed Edge as Champ and it kept me interested. I'm not even an Edge fan. Evolution kept me interested. Jericho kept me interested. Even Stone Cold as Sherriff kept me interested. But now, there's absolutly nothing keeping my attention. Edge has been majorly depushed. Mic Foley is great but he's not doing anything too exciting. Vince VS Shawn is being forced. Vince needs to keep his ass covered. Cena....who cares. HHH is just passing time until he's the champ again. The only somewhat interesting thing is Ric Flair, which should say enough about the product.

Yeah, we are all complaining about how bad it is, but do you guys really realize how long it's been going on? I said 5 years, some will say longer than that and some will say shorter, but it's been too long. For me, a long time die hard, this shit is starting to ware on me. I'm in the process of making lifestyle changes, and this sadly may have to be one of them. When a forum is more interesting than what the forum is about, there's issues. time is ticking and I'm getting impatient.

Kane Knight
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
It will get better when the people whining about it not being good stop watching, and those numbers are reflected such that WWE really has to scramble to survive. Until they feel the pinch, it won't get better

James Steele
03-07-2006, 12:59 PM
:lol: @ "lifestyle changes"

PureHatred
03-07-2006, 02:06 PM
It will get better when the people whining about it not being good stop watching, and those numbers are reflected such that WWE really has to scramble to survive. Until they feel the pinch, it won't get better

Pretty much. If Vince hadn't felt the pinch back in the late 80s/early 90s then we'd still be watching wrestling with bad gimmicks, corny unbelievable storylines and cartoonish characters like...um...cheerleaders and pirates....and :shifty:

Crap. Vince basically took us back to the 80s behind our backs and in front of our faces.

Sephiroth
03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I also have been watching wrestling since the 80s, it hasn't always been good, but i have to say that lately it's getting alot better IMO.

Kane Knight
03-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Pretty much. If Vince hadn't felt the pinch back in the late 80s/early 90s then we'd still be watching wrestling with bad gimmicks, corny unbelievable storylines and cartoonish characters like...um...cheerleaders and pirates....and :shifty:

Crap. Vince basically took us back to the 80s behind our backs and in front of our faces.

Mostly in front of our faces.

Arnold HamNegger
03-07-2006, 02:36 PM

That's true, but unfortunately I don't think it'll happen. It's pretty much the "abused wife" scenario I think. The abused wife puts up with years of getting beaten in hopes that her husband will return to the man she onced loved. All her friends tell her to leave, because to stay and take that abuse would be crazy. Well that's the WWE/fan relationship that's been ongoing for years now. I can't count how many times I've said after watching RAW, "That's it...I'm DONE!" Then I find myself watching next week and giving them the proverbial "one last chance."

DAMN YOU WWE, YOU WIFE BEATER!!!

Kane Knight
03-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I know. Most of the time when I tell folks to stop watching if they hate it so much, they're like "But I might miss something good!"

Yeah, and if I stick a .357's barrel up my ass and pull the trigger, I might not get hurt.,

Executioner
03-07-2006, 03:21 PM
I know. Most of the time when I tell folks to stop watching if they hate it so much, they're like "But I might miss something good!"

Yeah, and if I stick a .357's barrel up my ass and pull the trigger, I might not get hurt.,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Favre4Ever
03-07-2006, 04:07 PM
You forgot to mention Shelton's momma.

loopydate
03-07-2006, 04:36 PM

Sadly, though, I'm more amused by the cheerleaders and pirates and boogeymen than I am by almost anyone else. Obviously there are a couple of exceptions (Angle, Booker, Benoit, etc.)

PullMyFinger
03-07-2006, 04:51 PM
WWE has its low points, but this is probably the longest streak in low points.

I don't watch Raw religiously anymore, and I totally don't even waste my time with SD.

I agree with everything the original poster said. Vince vs. Shawn is a poor man's version of Austin vs. Vince.

SS is the only exciting thing, and Eugene killed it last night.

The storylines are bland, boring, and unimaginative. The wrestling is turning obsolete.

I like Foley, but I don't even give a damn about his match with Edge and that whole feud.

Even WCW during their dying days was better IMO because at least they were still competing.

Kane Knight
03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Wrestling has almost always been secondary to the plot in American wrestling. If it wasn't, TNA would probably be more over than it is.

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Wrestling has almost always been secondary to the plot in American wrestling. If it wasn't, TNA would probably be more over than it is.
TNA IN 07 BABYBEH

Xero
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
TNA IN 3007 BABYBEH
http://www.futurama-madhouse.com.ar/animated/leela_amy_wrestling_animate.gif

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:17 PM
WEW in 07 BAYBEH GI HOOOOOOOO

Kane Knight
03-07-2006, 06:20 PM
http://www.futurama-madhouse.com.ar/animated/leela_amy_wrestling_animate.gif

Is it wrong that that gives me a huge hardon?

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Yes yes it is

Xero
03-07-2006, 06:21 PM
WEW in 07 BAYBEH GI HOOOOOOOO
http://www.battlehype.com/content/ugly/ugly%20woman/20.jpg

Xero
03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Is it wrong that that gives me a huge hardon?
I dunno... :shifty:

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.battlehype.com/content/ugly/ugly%20woman/20.jpg
Is it wrong that that gave me a huge hard-on

Xero
03-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Is it wrong that that gave me a huge hard-on
Yes. Very wrong. So wrong that it almost makes it right again.

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
For real is that even a person or is it some sort of retarded bear

Xero
03-07-2006, 06:30 PM
It's plastic surgery gone wrong. And believe me, it actually made that thing look BETTER. Don't have a pic of it right now, though.

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:31 PM
How could that possibly be better?

loopydate
03-07-2006, 06:33 PM
For real is that even a person or is it some sort of retarded bear

"RAR RAR RAR!" No one understands you, she-bear!

Kane Knight
03-07-2006, 06:33 PM
It's Jay Leno's mama.

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:34 PM
ITS KANE KNIGHT

Xero
03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
How could that possibly be better?
http://www.pleonasm.com/photos/misc/wildenstein.jpg

Skippord
03-07-2006, 06:40 PM