PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown!/Velocity Spoilers

Mr. Nerfect
03-08-2006, 04:53 AM
From Rajah:

Velocity/Dark Matches

Match 1

Matt Hardy vs. Chuck Palumbo

Nothing special here, Hardy hits the leg drop, wins with the twist of fate.

Winner: Matt Hardy

After the match Animal ran out and jumped Hardy.

Match 2

Simon Dean vs. Super Crazy

Dean got on the mic and said he couldn’t believe Super Crazy was so lazy he had to
ride a lawnmower to the ring. This was a great match, I miss Nova. Lot of cool chain
wrestling. I can’t remember the exact finish, but Crazy won.

Winner: Super Crazy

Match 3

Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki vs. Jamie Noble and Kid Kash

This was a pretty good match, for a Scotty 2 Hotty match. I love Noble and Kash,
Jamie was the man in ROH. Lot of cool double team maneuvers from Jamie and Kash. The
end came when Scotty was going for the worm and Noble hit him from behind and nailed
him with the tiger driver.

Winners: Kash and Noble

Match 4

Tatanka Vs Jobber

See ten years ago.

Winner: Tatanka.

Match 5

WWE Tag Team Championship

MNM vs. Paul London and Brian Kendrick

This was an excellent match, everyone needs to watch Velocity this week. London hit
a drop-sault on Nitro and landed on Mercury for the cover, it was cool. London had
the match won twice but Kendrick or Melina distracted both times the ref. Melina
pushed Paul off the top rope when he went for the London Star Press. MNM went for
the snap shot but Kendrick hit a super kick on Mercury, and London DDTed Nitro! I
really thought they had it there but MNM threw Kendrick out and hit the snap shot on
London. 1-2-3

Winners and still champs: MNM

SMACKDOWN

Mark Henry comes down with Daivari and said he was overlooked. Batista overlooked
him and he hurt him so bad he had to give up the title. Then Angle overlooked him,
Teddy Long overlooked him and Undertaker overlooked him for a title shot, he called
Angle out. Angle told Henry he was a wrestling machine and hit the ring, they
brawled, Orton ran down and jumped Angle. Double team time till Rey makes the save,
he ended up getting smashed by Henry. Theodore Long came out and made the main event
match up, Henry and Orton vs. Mysterio and Angle.

Match 1

Money in the Bank Qualifier

Finlay vs. Lashley

This one didn’t even make it to the ring, Finlay nailed lashley with the shalalee
and they brawled all the way back stage.

Next out was JBL. He thanked us for all of our get -well cards. He then talked about
how Stone Cold left his name out when discussing the greatest Texan wrestlers of all
time with wwe.com. He challenged Stone Cold to a beer-drinking contest at SNME.

Match 2

William Regal vs. Pirate Paul Burchill

Burchill swung out on a big rope. His entrance video is kind of funny. This was the
sleeper of the night, the crowd didn’t know who to cheer for. Burchill won with the
exploder suplex.

Winner: Pirate Paul

Booker T came out with Sharmell, he had a bag of complaint letters about the
Boogeyman, and this was some funny shit. Theodore Long told him he could take up all
his complaints with the Boogeyman at SNME. Just then red smoke came out of the bag,
and the Boogeyman came out. Booker and Sharmell took off through the crowd,
Boogeyman dumped out the bag of letters but it was full of worms, which he proceeded
to eat.

Backstage we see Gregory Helms sporting an Owen Wilson like nose job. He tells Long
his nose was broken during the overseas tour. Theodore says he feels bad and for
making Helms defend the cruiser weight title every week, and tonight he will get a
break . . . from defending the title, because tonight he will face Chris Benoit!

Match 3

Jillian Hall vs. Kristal

This was a "Diva’s Undressed" match. Jillian has a nice nice body.

Winner: Kristil

Match 4

Gregory Helms vs. Chris Benoit

This match was fun, lots of chain wrestling and rest holds. Benoit hit a nice
German, Helms hit the eye of the hurricane. Benoit locked in the sharpshooter but
Helms made it to the ropes. Helms tried to leave but Noble, London, Kendrick, and
Kash threw him back in the ring. Helms went for a shining wizard but Benoit ducked
and nailed a huge release German suplex. Top rope headbutt, and then he applied the
corssface right on Helms broken nose. Helms tapped right away.

Winner: Chris Benoit

They showed an Animal promo on the screen where he said he was the road warrior, not
hawk or

Hidenright. He’ll have a match with Hardy either next week.

Then they showed Lashley and Finlay battle outside, Lashley flipped a car over and
it nearly crushed Finlay.

Main Event

Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton and Mark Henry

Great ovation, crowd was hot for everyone. Angle and Orton in particular have great
chemistry. Another BS finish when Orton slammed Angle into the steps and Henry
splashed the ref in the corner. Daivari got a table and set it up and it broke. He
got another table and put Rey on it and when he did the leg fell off. He got a third
table and set Rey up for a splash but Angle made the save. Angle tried to suplex
henry off the top rope through the table but he pushed him off and then splashed
Angle through the table!!!! Taker’s music hit and he said he’d face Henry at WM22 in
a CASKET MATCH.

Mr. Nerfect
03-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Glad to see that Chuck Palumbo is on the way back. He was mentioned in rumours with Charlie Haas and Aaron Aguilera. With Haas in OVW, Palumbo presumingly on his way back, hopefully Aguilera (who played the Jesus character who was Carlito's associate) will be back.

Velocity sounds sensational. There is no way I miss it this week. Matt Hardy vs. Chuck Palumbo should have gone to Palumbo, in my opinion, as he went toe-to-toe with RVD on Heat, and Hardy could be selling his injuries.

Mike Bucci is the man. I hope they slap a serious gimmick on this man soon. I wonder if Super Crazy will be in the MITB Ladder Match at WrestleMania? I would have marked out for Paul London and/or Brian Kendrick, but after their impressive showing against MNM, I expect something to be done there.

Jamie Noble got to use the Tiger Driver? Nice. I guess with Batista injured, powerbomb related moves are allowed to be done by the lower-card guys.

Finlay & Lashley will probably settle their MITB dispute at SNME, with the winner going into the match (Finlay) and the loser probably doing something with the person who costs him the match. I don't know why, but I can see Lashley vs. Booker T at WrestleMania.

Paul Burchill was apparently good, that's wonderful to hear. I assume the "exploder suplex" was actually The C4. I wonder if there are any plans for Burchill at WrestleMania?

Gregory Helms vs. Chris Benoit :drool:? Watch SmackDown! for that alone. Helms apparently looked alright against CB, so there may be some hope for him. I'd slap him into the MITB Ladder Match as well. He has technically won a TLC Match, and he can use his Championship to pry his way in.

Casket Match at WrestleMania? Meh.

V
03-08-2006, 05:05 AM
austin :love:

Blitz
03-08-2006, 05:05 AM
Thought they were having all 3 MITB qualifiers tonight? Doesn't sound like Lashley/Finlay even had an end.

With Helms/Benoit and Regal/Burchill, might actually have to watch Smackdown this week.

Mr. Nerfect
03-08-2006, 05:20 AM
Thought they were having all 3 MITB qualifiers tonight? Doesn't sound like Lashley/Finlay even had an end.

With Helms/Benoit and Regal/Burchill, might actually have to watch Smackdown this week.

I think they said that the qualifiers would start tonight. Not the first time they would be inconsistent, though. Gregory Helms was advertised as defending the Cruiserweight Title in a SmackDown! Preview only to be completely absent form the show that week.

I assume that Booker T vs. The Boogeyman and Finlay vs. Bobby Lashley in a MITB Qualifier will be added to the SNME card. Hopefully Booker T goes over with help from Finlay, and Finlay goes over Lashley with some help from Booker T. At WrestleMania we then get Booker vs. Lashley, Finlay in the MITB Ladder Match and Boogeyman doing something backstage.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-08-2006, 05:28 AM
I'm praying Findlay gets in that ladder match. I'm telling you, his strange offense + ladder = gold.

And Burchill came in on a rope.

I LOVE SMACKDOWN. If at SNME, or WM, I can get a segment between Kennedy, Regal, Burchill, The Spirit Squad, and the Boogeyman, I would be in heaven ;)

Impact!
03-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Chuck Palumbo :love: :heart:

Super Crazy :love: :heart:

London/Kendrick :love: :heart:

Kash/Noble :love: :heart:

Xero
03-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Looks like they'll be pulling out the double deep.... Double WIIIIDDDEE casket for this one.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Ten bucks says at Mania Giant Sighn debuts and destroys the Undertaker. Then Davari will be the mouthpiece for both Henry and Sighn. Fuck, add 3 minute warning, and that's a pretty fucking badass stable.

Xero
03-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Ten bucks says at Mania Giant Sighn debuts and destroys the Undertaker. Then Davari will be the mouthpiece for both Henry and Sighn. Fuck, add 3 minute warning, and that's a pretty fucking big stable.

Cuzziebro
03-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Chuck Palumbo :love: :heart:

Super Crazy :love: :heart:

London/Kendrick :love: :heart:

Kash/Noble :love: :heart:

Need i say more.

Xero
03-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Wait, when was Chuck re-signed?

Cuzziebro
03-08-2006, 06:53 AM
When did he leave?

Xero
03-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I thought he was fired during the firing spree last year... :wtf:

Xero
03-08-2006, 06:56 AM
November 2, 2004: Chuck Palumbo is officially released from his World Wrestling Entertainment contract..
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/c/chuck-palumbo.html

Thought so... And OWW doesn't have when he re-signed...

Cuzziebro
03-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Maybe he was but becuase i'm a wrestling fan i cant remember that far back.

Xero
03-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah, it was sort of a fuzzy, suppressed memory with me, as are most things in WWE that are more than three weeks old. :shifty:

Dave Youell
03-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Chuck aint re-signed as far as I know and I looks like a dark match as it was on first, I doubt Velocity would have 5 matches on it.

Am I the only one digging the Finlay/Lashley feud?

Impact!
03-08-2006, 09:10 AM
He's "apparantly" been re-signed as he also has a match against RVD ( :love: ) on Heat (Not that that means much, but it's quite possible I guess)

Either way Chuck Palumbo back on my tv is good news.

Fryza
03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
MitB is going to suck ass this year.

Xero
03-08-2006, 09:57 AM
MitB is going to suck ass this year.
I've been thinking that since Flair got into the match.

I honestly can't see Lashley OR Finlay in a ladder match. Maybe they'll suprise me and they'll all pull off a reasonable match, but I'm not getting my hopes up. This match will have to be compared to a Ladder match like Rock/Triple H, and it isn't going to match up by any means.

Fryza
03-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Well, Carlito is out, and they seemed to drop the whole "Carlito's Idea for WM", which really zapped my interest for just dropping that.

The other two SD! guys will probably be Benoit and Lashley anyway. Which means I have no reason to watch MitB.

LK
03-08-2006, 10:10 AM
I hope they put Lashley against Finlay in a No DQ match. The two seem to work pretty well and at least that would be one WM match with decent build-up.

Disturbed316
03-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Hmm sounds ok.

The Greater Power
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
SD owns RAW every week

RGWhat316
03-08-2006, 02:15 PM
The other two SD! guys will probably be Benoit and Lashley anyway. Which means I have no reason to watch MitB.

Unless he gets double-booked, Benoit is already scheduled against JBL for the US title.

But SmackDown looks pretty good this week, and has been improving over the last few weeks. Helms/Benoit should be good, and I'd like to see Lashley flip that car over too.

And I'm going to SNME, so this is looking damn good as well. The RAW matches, plus Boogeyman/Booker, and seeing Austin again, sounds good to me.

Boondock Saint
03-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I may actually watch SD this week. I always DVR it but end up deleting it. But for the Helms/Benoit match and Burchill coming to the ring on a rope, I'm gonna watch.

Mr. Nerfect
03-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Finlay would be great in a Ladder Match, in my opinion. I've been thinking about it, and Finlay's style is very similiar to Chris Benoit's. Benoit is excellent in Ladder Matches. Sure, Benoit takes his feet off the ground more often, but Finlay is also great in Hardcore Matches. I think it should balance itself out.

domononizuka
03-10-2006, 03:09 PM
WWE re signed both charlie hass and chuck palumbo at the same time.Still dont understand why that didnt have palumbo work some OVW matches before being called up again.

Mr. JL
03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Why is the Undertaker in a match with a man whom he can't tombstone or last ride? Hell, Mark Henry is going to make the weak looking chokeslams that Taker gave Hogan back in 2002 look tremedous.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Why is the Undertaker in a match with a man whom he can't tombstone or last ride? Hell, Mark Henry is going to make the weak looking chokeslams that Taker gave Hogan back in 2002 look tremedous.

Umm, yeah. He already tombstoned Mark Henry on Smackdown ;)

Mr. JL
03-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Umm, yeah. He already tombstoned Mark Henry on Smackdown ;)
O

Well in that case... *Runs away*

Blitz
03-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Burchill/Regal was good for the time they gave it. Orton didn't have his new music this week. Odd.

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Burchill/Regal was good for the time they gave it. Orton didn't have his new music this week. Odd.

Yeah, I think they must have realised it didn't suit his current persona, and that they still haven't put his Mercy Drive one on the shelf for purchase. Hopefully they give his Killswitch Engage theme to someone in the mid-card, helping them get over.

Fox
03-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Matt Hardy on Velocity?:nono:

LK
03-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Matt Hardy on Velocity?:nono:
Matt Hardy in a dark match? Double :nono:

Gertner
03-11-2006, 03:40 PM
just watched velocity. pretty good