PDA

View Full Version : In reguards to Mr. Hart being present @ WM22...

Joey Slugs
03-09-2006, 02:17 AM
With less than a month left to the big event here in Chicago, I know the rumors are going to running wild (especially since HBK/Vince are fueding).

Can we all just put an end to it now? The man is so fucked up he can barely hold a conversation for more than 15 minutes at a time. He still can't get on an airplane without sedation. How the hell do you want him to jump around to interfer in or even referee a match?

For the next month, there will be plenty of noobs running over and posting new topic after new topic with all their brand new proof that Bret is going to screw Vince or HBK. I'm here to end all this now.

Bret has made it clear that he will never work again with HBK and will not step into a WWF/E ring without hearing a major appology from Vince for Montreal and everything after. He has also said on multiple occations that he would love to work for TNA (if he was ever to work in the business again).

The main reason he even did the DVD in the first place was to make sure that he didn't get fucked over just as the Warrior did with his "career"-in review DVD.

Bret knows the fans still love him and this is the reason he is accepted the HOF invitation, but has already stated that he will have NOTHING to do with WrestleMania itself.

Please. It's done. Bret's done. Just be happy that you'll see him at the HOF ceremony.

darkpower
03-09-2006, 02:27 AM
However, knowing how secreative Vince is nowadays, I can see Hart actually surprising us all, even you, Joey.

I'm not going to say he is going to show up at WM 22, but I'm not going to say he isn't, either. In my mind, this is still up in the air because we really do not know what has happened between the two since Bret had said such things. Was there a reconcile? Did Vince apologize? Was there a fallout of the TNA bid? Did HBK become some kind of miracle worker? Was the whole thing about him not doing those things all a WORK to begin with like we keep thinking alot of the things are in the WWE anymore?

There's still alot of stuff we do not know just yet about what has been going on with Bret. Maybe an update would do us good.

Sorry, Joey, but you are so absolute and convinced in your beliefs that I had to counterpoint you.

Nervous Ferret
03-09-2006, 02:28 AM
:y: JS

The One
03-09-2006, 02:29 AM
My counter point...

...Montreal was a work. :shifty: *Hides from all Canadians*

James Steele
03-09-2006, 02:32 AM
:y: JS

:y: NerF

Funky Fly
03-09-2006, 02:35 AM
My counter point...

...Montreal was a work. :shifty: *Hides from all Canadians*
:mad:

NeanderCarl
03-09-2006, 02:37 AM
If Hart will be at the Hall of Fame, I expect to see him put in an appearance at WM22. Probably not in an angle, 100% definitely not in a match, but at the very least an introduction on the stage with the rest of the HOF inductees.

The One
03-09-2006, 02:49 AM
I have never heard Bret Hart was even going to be AT the Hall of Fame Event. He will be inducted, but do we even know he is going to be at the ceremony?

darkpower
03-09-2006, 03:42 AM
If Hart will be at the Hall of Fame, I expect to see him put in an appearance at WM22. Probably not in an angle, 100% definitely not in a match, but at the very least an introduction on the stage with the rest of the HOF inductees.

Exactly, which is a reason why I'm weary about ANYTHING Hart says about NOT being at Mania in some form, and weary about him saying that he'll never again be in a WWE ring. I dunno if it's so absolute that he won't have something to do with something.

TerranRich
03-09-2006, 09:54 AM
so wat ur really sayin is u dun really care

Kane Knight
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
However, knowing how secreative Vince is nowadays, I can see Hart actually surprising us all, even you, Joey.

This just in: Eddie Guerrerro, Owen Hart, and Brian Pillman are expected to return at Mania, and form a stable to stand against Vince, in the biggest swerve in wrestling history.

hey, they might surprise us, even me, Kane Knight.

darkpower
03-09-2006, 02:12 PM
This just in: Eddie Guerrerro, Owen Hart, and Brian Pillman are expected to return at Mania, and form a stable to stand against Vince, in the biggest swerve in wrestling history.

hey, they might surprise us, even me, Kane Knight.

The stable will be called the "Morgue", for obvious reasons. :lol: :shifty:

RGWhat316
03-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't really care what Bret does or doesn't. But I would laugh if he were to show up during the Vince/HBK match.

He's still too much of a whiny bitch as he is still complaining over the Montreal incident. He even knew something fishy might happened, yet he is staying bitter about the whole thing for what..8 years now? With the way Bret is now, he's thinking he might get screwed at the ceremony, that's why he's being very cautious. Well, that is April Fools Day, lol.

Juan
03-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Bret has made it clear that he will never work again with HBK and will not step into a WWF/E ring without hearing a major appology from Vince for Montreal and everything after. He has also said on multiple occations that he would love to work for TNA (if he was ever to work in the business again).

I'm sure he would never lie.

blake639raw
03-10-2006, 11:28 AM
He's still too much of a whiny bitch as he is still complaining over the Montreal incident. If anything, Bret has moved on. Vince and co. are the ones who still bring it up every time they go to Montreal, and try to book storylines around it. Bret has pretty much forgot it. He doesn't want to work for Vince creatively, or take his money because Vince is a dirty ass scumbag, and Bret doesn't wanna work for his ass. Bret is doing the HOF for the fans only.

Kalyx triaD
03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
You're all idiots if you think the WWE is not gonna have Bret Hart participate in some fashion during HBK/Vince. Bret Hart himself has to see the set-up for it's perfection.

Canadian fans still bitch about the screw-job; and this is a good shot at developing some sort of conclusion to it all. Think of it as a lost final chapter. Bret will do something to help one of them win. At the very least, either outcomes makes perfect sense:

Vince wins, Bret got revenge.

HBK wins, he was forgiven.

I take back the first line, you're all not idiots for not agreeing with me. For a second I debated at your levels.

Kane Knight
03-10-2006, 07:43 PM
There's no way you could improve your posting enough to rise to the level of anyone on this board.

Except Destor, because he defends gay rape with no actual reasoning.

And Skippord, because I have to take my daily shot at the emo bitch.

Seriously. You failed to provide a convincing argument. The ad hominem attack was the highlight of your post, rather than a diversion from a point.

Kalyx triaD
03-10-2006, 08:52 PM
There's no way you could improve your posting enough to rise to the level of anyone on this board.

Seriously. You failed to provide a convincing argument. The ad hominem attack was the highlight of your post, rather than a diversion from a point.

You're trademark counter-post have lost their flair quite a while ago. Perhaps if you posted in green...

Astley316
03-10-2006, 08:57 PM
It be fun to speculate seeing bret hart do something, but he wont.

Bret will get inducted at the hall of fame, then appear on stage at wm22 and get the final send off he so richly deserves end of.

This isnt Hogan were dealing with wanting to grab the spotlight and however much i'd love to see bret involved one last time, it wont happen.

Innovator
03-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I'd rather see Punk at Mania

Xero
03-10-2006, 09:26 PM
And job in the Heat match in a Triple H warm-up match?

Kane Knight
03-10-2006, 09:30 PM
You're trademark counter-post have lost their flair quite a while ago. Perhaps if you posted in green...

***Your.

I'd criticise something other than your spelling and retarded formatting, but let's face it...Once again, you make a post with no substance.

Innovator
03-10-2006, 11:28 PM
And job in the Heat match in a Triple H warm-up match?eh it's a start

Joey Slugs
03-11-2006, 01:29 AM

He DID just drop the OVW title, and WM IS in his hometown.

It wouls be nice.

Destor
03-11-2006, 01:31 AM

Seriously. You failed to provide a convincing argument. The ad hominem attack was the highlight of your post, rather than a diversion from a point.Oh I have a reasoning. I'm just not going to waist my time arguing a guy who can't imagine that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Kalyx triaD
03-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh I have a reasoning. I'm just not going to waist my time arguing a guy who can't imagine that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Can you post it anyway... I'd like to hear it for myself... :shifty:

Extreme Angle
03-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Kalyx when the fuck did you turn up here?
i've been here for a year not once seen you till a few weeks ago when you started posting lame ass threads...
and posting in red(what the fuck is up with that)...
anyway i really don't care if bret gets involved in the match or not, since i'm not really looking forward to that match anyway.

Sadistic
03-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Don't you lot see that Vince's plan has already worked. He has got us all talking about Bret Hart appearing, so what are you going to do? You're going to order Wreseltmania.

That's all he wants you to do and it looks like he has accomplished his goal.

Extreme Angle
03-11-2006, 08:39 AM
i would of ordered wrestlemania if he was there or not...

Kalyx triaD
03-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Kalyx when the fuck did you turn up here?
i've been here for a year not once seen you till a few weeks ago when you started posting lame ass threads...
and posting in red(what the fuck is up with that)...
anyway i really don't care if bret gets involved in the match or not, since i'm not really looking forward to that match anyway.

Why don't you run the search program on here, dumbass. You can get history back to my return. As well as my go as a Power Ranger, the origin of the Crisis that comes, and my personal little invasion of Rajah.

I rule with an Iron Fist of Legend (TM)

And Wrestlemania looks like a loser this year. Triple H is main eventing again. We have another 3Way (you can argue than HBK/Benoit/HHH was actually good). Dudes who had TV time seem to have nothing to do with the PPV either. I wouldn't order an entire PPV for one man, however cool he was.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-11-2006, 10:18 AM
lol Bret can hold a convo for 15 minutes, and he can also benchpress like 300 pounds. I'm sure the stroke still effects him, but he's not as fucked up as you made him out to be.

Kane Knight
03-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Oh I have a reasoning. I'm just not going to waist my time arguing a guy who can't imagine that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

LOL Cop out....

Kane Knight
03-11-2006, 11:07 AM
lol Bret can hold a convo for 15 minutes, and he can also benchpress like 300 pounds. I'm sure the stroke still effects him, but he's not as fucked up as you made him out to be.

You do know that in both the case of stroke and head injuries, one of the main fears is falling, because a single, even light blow to the head could kill someone.

Bret has both. So being able to press 300 lbs doesn't really mean much. I agree he's more coherent than people give him credit for, but this debate is seriously retarded anyway, as Bret would have to be incredibly stupid to do more than show up and wave his hand.

Now, I'm no doctor or expert on BRet's conditions, but I do know the fundamentals, and Bret really can't break from those, even with his superior Canadian constitution and mind.

So yeah, I understand what you're arguing (That he's not a vegetable), but the argument of him showing up (And I'm aware you didn't make it), is pretty much moot.

Unless Bret is suicidal.

Now, in terms of normal activity, he could be better than ever. Day to day stuff, bodybuilding, whatever floats his boat.

The MAC
03-12-2006, 10:17 AM
so if bret trips on the ramp he could die right there on TV ??

Kane knight you know a lot about this type of condition -does it not heal or at least become less susceptable over time -its been about 7 years now ..right?

Kane Knight
03-12-2006, 11:12 AM
so if bret trips on the ramp he could die right there on TV ??

Kane knight you know a lot about this type of condition -does it not heal or at least become less susceptable over time -its been about 7 years now ..right?

It is a lifetime concern. The brain's one of the hardest things to repair in the human body. 7 years or 70, he takes his life into his hands if he evensteps into a wrestling ring, even for "ref bumps."

Xero
03-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Don't you lot see that Vince's plan has already worked. He has got us all talking about Bret Hart appearing, so what are you going to do? You're going to order Wreseltmania.

That's all he wants you to do and it looks like he has accomplished his goal.
Duh?

The MAC
03-12-2006, 12:14 PM
It is a lifetime concern. The brain's one of the hardest things to repair in the human body. 7 years or 70, he takes his life into his hands if he evensteps into a wrestling ring, even for "ref bumps."

I say FUCK GOLDBERG THAT NO TALENT MOTHERS PUSS! This is such shit and its so sad for such a performer to have his career end so fucking badly. I know he had the stroke but it was godlberg that did the most damage (according to bret)

Xero
03-12-2006, 12:19 PM
I say FUCK GOLDBERG THAT NO TALENT MOTHERS PUSS! This is such shit and its so sad for such a performer to have his career end so fucking badly. I know he had the stroke but it was godlberg that did the most damage (according to bret)
Bret has said that he doesn't blame Goldberg.

Bret had multiple concusions before Goldberg's kick (from what I hear), so it was just a matter of time before he suffered something similar from someone else.

The MAC
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
bret fif state that goldbergs kick was the start of it all- then sid and nash powerbombed the shit out of him - the saddest thing was when he stated on his interview "I said to goldberg just before we walked thru the curtain :" bill, what ever you do..don't hurt me" - and this idiot fucked up

Destor
03-12-2006, 07:19 PM
LOL Cop out....LOL, how awesome. I coped out of an argument I never started or presented any defense for.

NeanderCarl
03-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Can I just mention that Earl Hebner suffered a severe brain injury in 1998 and he was back refereeing and taking bumps within six months.

Also, nobody believes that Hart will wrestle or take a bump ever again, this is more an argument for whether or not he will play a storyline role at WrestleMania or whether he will simply show up, wave to the crowd on the stage and leave. I call the latter.

Skippord
03-12-2006, 07:35 PM

I hate you

Kane Knight
03-12-2006, 10:01 PM
LOL, how awesome. I coped out of an argument I never started or presented any defense for.

Copping out still. :lol:

darkpower
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Unlike the stuff about a "possible" Eddie return at WM22 (which I entertained because I thought it was neat to just think about the clouds parting and a miracle happening, even though we ALL know the truth in that one), Bret is still alive. He is still able to change his mind, he's still able to be persuaded (I know, it's not an easy task to do so, but Vince seems to always find a way to persuade people to do stuff for him), and he's still able to decide to try to have some WWE role again.

Nothing that Bret has said about never going back to an (in)active role in the WWE is eched in stone. The TNA thing may end up falling apart in a matter of moments. Bret may see some good in going back to the WWE (maybe to patch up the loose ends, and/or to provide closure for the people who have still not gotten over Montreal, which is a whole ten people outside of Montreal, and the entire city of Montreal).

Did Matt Hardy show any immediate interests to go back to the WWE once he was let go, and then when that whole thing with Lita and Edge really became a mainstream story? And what eventually happened?

I think Joey is wrong in this. I think there is a VERY slight possibility that Bret might decide to have a role in WM22. Though it's improbable that it will happen, it's not IMPOSSIBLE! I myself am hoping that Joey is wrong, because I would love to see it, too.

Besides, it's about the only thing left Vince can do to salvage any kind of a POINT to the Vince/Shawn feud at this point, as I've said before.

Kane Knight
03-13-2006, 12:06 AM
I never say never barring death or dismemberment, but realistically, Hart could never have an active role without risking death in even the most simplistic of scenarios. He might appear for a photo op or the like, but the guy has to be limited realistically.

I don't doubt he's in great shape for a guy with TWO sources of brain injury. And believe me, he used to be one of my favorite wrestlers (I say used to in terms of him no longer being contempoorary). Bret had a shitload to offer, but the guy can't be allowed to risk even what JR can.

I'm not saying he's completely fragile, but he's in a situation that's delicate at best. BRet may appear at Mania, but he will not have a role.

...Unless his career ending injuries were a swerve a la the whole "fake Eddie's death" shit. :roll:

darkpower
03-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Would a non-active role (like to fill in that RAW GM stuff) risk it any? I know he's said he didn't want a role like that, but money does talk in some ways, and I do believe that he would greatly consider that at this point in any wrestling company given his status now.

NeanderCarl
03-14-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't understand how you mean, "money does talk" "given his status now"?

Bret Hart is absolutely loaded, and doesn't want to tarnish his legacy as a great wrestler to be remembered as "that manager" or "that commentator". Look at Eric Bischoff. Will modern, casual fans remember him as that guy who nearly put Vince McMahon out of business for real, or will they remember him as the punchbag General Manager of Raw who got thrown in the trash by Mr McMahon?

From interviews I've heard/read with Bret Hart, he takes himself and his reputation VERY seriously (too seriously, if you ask me, but there you go).
Why would he agree to a scenario which, to him, would tarnish the reputation he is so proud of?

And in his case, I doubt the money would make a difference as he has plenty of that, especially from his WCW days. Loyalty to Vince is certainly out of the question (I heard that they had some kind of disagreement or something along those lines, back in 1997? Not sure what happened but apparently there's been tension or something ever since. Quite a strange situation.)

On top of that, even if Vince were to make Bret an offer he couldn't possibly refuse to return to a role in the WWE, how much is Vince REALLY prepared to pay a non-wrestler with head injuries, who (let's be honest here) was never the most charismatic talker in the world, even in his prime. Bret was a hot commodity because of his wrestling ability. That is no longer an asset to any company. Bret making an occasional appearance, fine, great. Show the respect. But as a GM, manager or commentator, he would have a pretty short shelf-life, IMO.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Would a non-active role (like to fill in that RAW GM stuff) risk it any? I know he's said he didn't want a role like that, but money does talk in some ways, and I do believe that he would greatly consider that at this point in any wrestling company given his status now.

If he's not taking bumps, he would be able to perform the role fine, yes.

My only criticism is the notion of an active role (Which would be required for most folks' scenarios). He could do commentary or be a GM, provided they didn't make him wrestle for his role or get put through a table like half the announcers.

Like I said, he could return, but any notion of him screwing Vince, or being involved in that match, is offbase and not only naive, but just plain stupid. I want to make sure this point gets driven home, as these are serious injuries with persistent life-threatening consequences.

Otherwise, I'd peg it as "improbable, but remotely possible."

For all realistic intents, it's not going to happen though, beyond a possible HoF appearance.