PDA

View Full Version : Will DX ever be back

123 kid
01-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Do you think the best stable ever formed will one day return, can u see hhh returning to wearing tights would you want to see the reformation of the degenerates? Do you think xpac and road dogg could once again embrace a wwe ring?

Loose Cannon
01-31-2004, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't bet against it

123 kid
01-31-2004, 06:47 PM
cool cos im absolutely obsessed!

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 06:49 PM
God, I hope not. last thing we need them doing is ruining the DX legacy the way they ruined the nWo and Hogan...

Mikey
01-31-2004, 07:08 PM
If Dx returned it wouldnt be the same as it was

Boondock Saint
01-31-2004, 07:18 PM
If so, I doubt with all the same people.

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 08:00 PM
If so, I doubt with all the same people.

Well, there wasn't one lineup of DX, there were several. So I doubt that it'd matter to a lot of people anyways.

Granted, the most popular arrangement was the HBK/HHH/X-Pac/NAO crew...I doubt that we'll ever see it back in its entirety...

It might be cool as a novelty to see a DX crew vs Evolution, but I doubt I'd think it was still cool after even one night of it...

Pepsi Man
01-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Well, there wasn't one lineup of DX, there were several. So I doubt that it'd matter to a lot of people anyways.

Granted, the most popular arrangement was the HBK/HHH/X-Pac/NAO crew...I doubt that we'll ever see it back in its entirety...

It might be cool as a novelty to see a DX crew vs Evolution, but I doubt I'd think it was still cool after even one night of it...
I don't think too many people would MIND seeing it if it happened at like Survivor Series and they used it to push Orton and/or Batista by having them eliminate all of "DX".

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't think too many people would MIND seeing it if it happened at like Survivor Series and they used it to push Orton and/or Batista by having them eliminate all of "DX".

Yeah. If it was a One Night Stand, I think it might serve up some star power.

The problem is, I worry about their capacity to book a one-shot like that. Remember Hogan's "Last Run" in the WWE?

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Imagine if Orton could get the rub from the claim that he killed the "legend" of DX?

:drool:

Loose Cannon
01-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Imagine if Orton could get the rub from the claim that he killed the "legend" of DX?

:drool:

OMG, marks the fk out

Kenny
01-31-2004, 08:23 PM
I read on Wrestleview.com about a week ago that it's rumored Shawn Michaels will reunite DX to fued with Triple H.

I don't know who he'd recruit. If this is a short-term thing, I'd like to see Jericho, Chrisian, and Billy Gunn join. They'd have to do more Smackdown / Raw roster playing thogh.

I don't know how they'd do it and even though it was rumored, I doubt we'll see it. Then again after last weeks show, it is the one way they could top it.

Boondock Saint
01-31-2004, 08:44 PM

True. I just meant, the (3?) lineups of DX were pretty consistant, at least from what I can gather. I started watching at the beginning of 99, so the end of DX was on the horizon.

It wasn't like the Horsemen where there were brand new people who hadn't been in it before. Unless you want to count Steph and Tori.

I don't really know what I'm saying anymore.

Pepsi Man
01-31-2004, 09:31 PM
True. I just meant, the (3?) lineups of DX were pretty consistant, at least from what I can gather. I started watching at the beginning of 99, so the end of DX was on the horizon.

It wasn't like the Horsemen where there were brand new people who hadn't been in it before. Unless you want to count Steph and Tori.

I don't really know what I'm saying anymore.
Quick history lesson then. Not to imply that you don't know this or to call you an "idiot", but just to catch you up.

DX was formed in late 1997 when Shawn Michaels was teamed with Triple H, who had Chyna by his side. Meanwhile, Ravishing Rick Rude was Shawn Michaels's "insurance policy" who would help insure that The Undertaker or anyone else didn't kick Shawn's ass. Bret had been calling Shawn and then Hunter "degenerates" for a long time, so Shawn Michaels turned it into "Degeneration X", much like how in real-life, Lex Luger was really the one that came up with the term "The Kliq".

Anyway, following the 1997 Survivor Series, Rick Rude left for WCW, and appeared with the nWo. He was the first man in history to be on both Raw and Nitro on the same night. And to top this off, he was even on ECW TV on that weekend.

So with Owen AWOL, Bulldog injured, and Bret gone, Jim Neidhart had no allies. DX extended him an invite. He helped I think Michaels defeat Vader on Raw...only to have DX turn on him, kick his ass, and spraypaint "WCW" on his back. So Neidhart's gone.

Just Hunter, Michaels, and Chyna. This new combination of The Real Double J, Jesse James and Rockabilly is hot. Now they're known as "The Road Dogg" and "Badd Ass Billy Gunn". Shawn and Hunter give them some advice sometimes early on.

As Michaels feuds with The Undertaker leading up to, and continuing onto the 1998 Royal Rumble, everyone and their brother on the heel side is basically DX's bitch. Shawn and Hunter, however, take Billy and Road Dogg aside and tell them not to follow the rules. They tell them to do whatever it takes to get ahead, and soon, there's a show booked as Michaels, Hunter, and now the "New Age Outlaws" consisting of Billy Gunn and The Road Dogg vs. Owen Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Cactus Jack, and Chainsaw Charlie. NAO are still not officially DX, but they sure as hell have HBK's back.

In between all this, Mike Tyson joins DX.

Michaels is injured and replaced with Savio, then loses at Mania in part due to being screwed by guest enforcer Mike Tyson, and is gone from active in-ring competition for some 4 years.

The next night, Hunter talks about how Michaels "dropped the ball" and introduces the "new DX", consisting of the New Age Outlaws, and a just-returning-to-the-WWF X-Pac. X-Pac cuts a shoot promo against Bischoff and Hogan, and shortly thereafter, DX invades Nitro and demands Scott Hall and Kevin Nash be released. They never make it in the building, but they get some funny footage for Raw.

Instant baby faces. They go on to feud with The Nation.

DX has a hell of a run. Michaels comes back, though...as Commissioner. He books new WWF Champ The Rock to defend against X-Pac on Raw...only to screw X-Pac and cost him the title.

Shawn is now aligned with The Corporation, who are actually DX's new arch-rivals, with The Nation having been broken up after The Rock had to go and do his own thing, turning good before turning bad again and aligning with Vince.

DX has a hell of a run regardless...until the day after the Royal Rumble.

Triple H challenges The Rock to an I Quit match for the WWF Title, and gets it. Boss Man, however, attacks Chyna and threatens to hurt her badly unless Triple H quits. Triple H quits. Triple H then receives a low blow from Chyna. Triple H, X-Pac, and the Outlaws remain on good terms and in DX...

UNTIL...WrestleMania 15...Triple H is taking on Kane, who's being managed now by Chyna. A couple weeks back, Triple H avoided a flame-thrower shot, and Chyna got burned accidentally by Kane. Kane showed human emotion for perhaps the first time. Anyway, Kane's basically got Triple H's number. Back then, Kane was unstoppable...but...Chyna turned on Kane! YES! Whoohoo! DX is back together, right?!

Well, X-Pac is taking on Shane McMahon a few matches later, with the European Title on the line. Shane's Mean Street Posse buddies keep interfering, but then so do some members of DX. X-Pac seems to have things WON when Triple H and Chyna come down. Chyna distracts the ref and Hunter delivers the Pedigree.
Your winner and STILL WWF European Champion, Shane McMahon! Why, Hunter, why? Meh, it's a business decision.

So now DX is down to Billy, Road Dogg, and X-Pac. X-Pac goes on to team with Kane, and Kane joining DX is teased forever, and Kane even says "suck it", but he never REALLY joins. Meanwhile, X-Pac and Kane are tag champs, while Billy and Road Dogg can't seem to get anything done as a team. So eventually, Billy turns on Road Dogg to make it on his own. Billy goes on to win King of the Ring.

DX is left with X-Pac, Road Dogg, and an unofficial Kane.

Triple H and Chyna approach Billy Gunn saying that X-Pac and Road Dogg are the only ones receiving royalties from the DX name.

So, they have a match for the rights to it...Chyna and Billy Gunn vs. Road Dogg and X-Pac.

In a match leading up to this PPV, we have slated Triple H, Chyna, and Billy Gunn vs. Kane, Road Dogg, and X-Pac. For some reason, Kane's not there. I can't think of why at the moment. So The Rock replaces him, and I think gets the pin on Triple H, continuing their everlasting feud.

X-Pac and Road Dogg retain the rights. They continue to team. Suddenly, Road Dogg brings Billy Gunn back into the picture, and the duo win the tag titles out of nowhere from...I think The Rock and Sock connection, but I could be mistaken.

Anyways, X-Pac, Road Dogg, and Billy are all on good terms again. In one of the first ever SmackDown!s, Shawn Michaels screws The Rock out of the WWF Title against Triple H. Chyna suddenly turns face and then stops accompanying Triple H to ringside as often.

I believe a late October night, Billy, Road Dogg, and Triple H are all in the same place at the same time, and actually end up helping book each other's matches. I don't even remember who Hunter had to face, but I believe maybe Kane. Anyway, Road Dogg, X-Pac, and Billy Gunn come out...only to help Hunter! :eek: DX is back! They're heels, but they're back! Kane gets his ass kicked, with X-Pac telling him he was never DX material. X-Pac later goes on to actually defeat Kane via pinfall. :roll:

Stone Cold Steve Austin is run over. Triple H marries an unwitting Stephanie McMahon. Kane is Tori's boyfriend. Kane loses a match, and as a result, X-Pac gets Tori for the night or whatever. Tori comes back and insists that X-Pac was a gentleman. Tori turns on Kane. Triple H beats Vince with help from Steph. Vince is gone, so the only McMahon around is now Steph. Steph and Hunter run wild on the WWF, along with their DX buddies. Triple H keeps trying to make a freshly debuted Kurt Angle lose, because Steph has a crush on him. Triple H retires Foley.

When the New Age Outlaws lose to the Dudley Boyz, Road Dogg and Billy have words. Billy is upset that the next night on Raw, he was replaced by X-Pac in the tag title rematch. DX beats up Billy and injures his shoulder.

Mania 2000's main event scene is changed so much when all the other McMahons return to TV.

Eventually, the main event is Triple H w/Steph vs. The Rock w/Vince McMahon vs. The Big Show w/Shane McMahon vs. the retired Mick Foley w/Linda. If Foley wins, the title will be vacated the next night. But, it was always his dream to win at the big main event of WrestleMania!

Linda is upset at all the infighting in the McMahons, but Vince promises to "make it right" starting on the last SmackDown! before Mania. He puts Steph in her first ever match against Women's Champion Jacqueline. Steph wins. I see what's going to happen right here, but I don't think too many others do.

It comes down to The Rock and Triple H. They're going at it. Wait! Vince screws The Rock! The Rock has been screwed! Vince McMahon has reunited with his daughter. What the hell? And Shane was in on it too!

k, so DX is now The McMahons, Tori, Triple H, X-Pac, and the Road Dogg.

This continues until Vince decides to go home and make babies with Linda and become the "Genetic Jackhammer". Mick Foley is brought back by Linda as Commissioner. Foley continues to feud with DX in his retirement.

Eventually, they kinda fizzle out, with Road Dogg and X-Pac being the only guys that still show a DX side to them. Then, even THEY have a falling out, and it turns out that X-Pac screws over Road Dogg in a match...over what started as a "friendly competition."

Triple H turns face to feud with Angle and Benoit. Road Dogg has Hunter's back. But wait! Dean Malenko has Benoit's back! But WAIT! Billy Gunn has Hunter's back! What the?! Eddie Guerrero and Perry Saturn help Benoit reform the Radicalz! But now, Chyna has reunited with her former DX buddies. X-Pac is somehow left out of all of this.

They return for a one night 8 man tag match, where they beat the Radicalz on Raw. Hunter then reveals that he was the man that had Rikishi run over Stone Cold Steve Austin the year before. The other three want nothing to do with him. The DX reunion is over.

Sure, at Survivor Series 2000, the Radicalz defeat Road Dogg, K-Kwik, Chyna, and Billy Gunn, but can you REALLY count that as DX? I dunno, maybe you can...

anyway, DX is gone...forever...

until August 2002. Bischoff orders Michaels to be Hunter's manager. Michaels has no problem with Hunter, but refuses to do something just because Eric tells him to. Bischoff says he does it or he's fired. Triple H and Shawn come up with a plan.

BREAK IT DOWN! :eek: Degenerate into something fool, we just got tired of doing what you told us to do...etc...

DX! Shawn and Hunter as DX once more! Nash, Hall, and X-Pac are all gone, so there's no more nWo...but now...DX is back! Are you ready?! I said, are you ready?! Then, for the thousands in attendance, and for the millions watching around the world, ladies and gentlemen, lllllllllllllllllllllllllet's get ready to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt!

Wait, Hunter has Pedigreed Michaels. DX is dead, but Michaels returns to the ring...end of DX.

Boondock Saint
01-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Oh ya, don't get me wrong. I've done my research into things. I know Rick Rude was part of it and stuff. I just don't think of DX and think of Rude or Kane. When i think of DX i think of HBK/HHH/Chyna, or HHH/Chyna/NAO/Xpac.

I don't consider the reunification with K-Kwik much of anything. But that's just me.

What I didn't know, was the COMPLETE story you just gave. Some details Pre-99 I was hazy on. Thanks man

Kane Knight
01-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Oh ya, don't get me wrong. I've done my research into things. I know Rick Rude was part of it and stuff. I just don't think of DX and think of Rude or Kane. When i think of DX i think of HBK/HHH/Chyna, or HHH/Chyna/NAO/Xpac.

I don't consider the reunification with K-Kwik much of anything. But that's just me.

What I didn't know, was the COMPLETE story you just gave. Some details Pre-99 I was hazy on. Thanks man

Rick Rude wasn't as much part of it as he was an enforcer for the early DX...Hired muscle.

Boondock Saint
01-31-2004, 09:48 PM
Like Curtis Hughes!

Loose Cannon
01-31-2004, 11:06 PM
And another thing: When the McMahons and HHH, X-pac, Tori and Road Dogg were all together, it was The McMahon/Helmsley Faction, NOT DX anyomore

Head
02-01-2004, 12:43 AM
When Vince gets desprate, he will try to revive anything.

John la Rock
02-01-2004, 01:23 AM
"Suck It!" was only cool back in 1998 sorry

Pepsi Man
02-01-2004, 05:32 AM
And another thing: When the McMahons and HHH, X-pac, Tori and Road Dogg were all together, it was The McMahon/Helmsley Faction, NOT DX anyomore
Road Dogg still talked about representing DX. :o

SUPREMO
02-01-2004, 07:27 AM
I certainly hope dx will come back they rule!

dx fantic
02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
so do i supremo dx where da best

ColdwaVer
02-19-2004, 08:05 PM
I certainly hope DX stays dead, I'd hate to see the Anti-DX Union reform around here.

Instigator
02-20-2004, 07:33 AM
DX were the best and if they came back i would jump for joy then bolt......

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-20-2004, 07:39 AM
You need two stables for anyone stable to work as they have to fight against each other.

DX and NOD are the perfect example of this.

I wouldn't want to see DX again though but the NOD could be brought back

blake639raw
02-20-2004, 09:23 AM
With Trips and HBK running things, it's only a matter of time before we see the crotch chops again.

VonErich Lives
02-20-2004, 09:57 AM
I hope they don't bring back DX, it will never be the same.

Notice, with Flair they could have done the Horseman, instead they did "Eveloution"...

New stables, maybe some of the same players... but new stables.

ColdwaVer
02-20-2004, 10:48 AM
You need two stables for anyone stable to work as they have to fight against each other.

DX and NOD are the perfect example of this.

Well, with a heel stable, if it's small enough all you really need is a couple of strong faces to go up against them, which is what always made the Horsemen work.

loopydate
02-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Do you think the best stable ever formed will one day return,

WWE should never try a Four Horsemen reunion. Evolution is as close as I want to get, thank you very much.

can u see hhh returning to wearing tights

Nope. He likes his main-eventer short-shorts too much.

would you want to see the reformation of the degenerates?

No.

Do you think xpac and road dogg could once again embrace a wwe ring?

For one thing, neither one has arms long enough to "embrace" a ring. In a non-literal sense, though, I could see the Dogg come back, even though I wouldn't want him to. I think X-Pac is done, and I'm thankful for that.

Kane Knight
02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
With Trips and HBK running things, it's only a matter of time before we see the crotch chops again.

Doubtful.

Triple H is the most important thing in evolution. Why would he give that up to be part of DX again?

Savio
02-20-2004, 02:06 PM
They should call Evolution the Four Horse men.

VonErich Lives
02-20-2004, 02:18 PM

No, they shouldn't.

Let the horsemen go in peace.

What made the horsemen great (and it was mentioned) they didn't feud with another "group" it would always be a few strong faces.

I wouldn't mind seeing eveloution grow... maybe add a female wrestler (Trish would be great for the role) or add a tag team (no, Batista and Flair don't count).

ColdwaVer
02-20-2004, 04:10 PM

They should call HHH the Title Whore-man.

Shaggy
02-20-2004, 06:48 PM
I would like to think that they might have a chance to get back togeather. Will it happen, probably not but a new DX might form with new members but I dont see all the old ones coming back togeather.

Kane Knight
02-20-2004, 09:13 PM
one of the best things about DX was that it worked at the time. To rehash it now would just suck.

It is possible to do wrestling without rehashing EVERY angle, gimmick, and match.

Watson
02-20-2004, 10:03 PM
God, I hope not. last thing we need them doing is ruining the DX legacy the way they ruined the nWo and Hogan...

I agree. Some people should realize that no matter what, DX, the nWo, and The 4 Horsemen regardless of who reforms them will never be restored to their former glory. Those were 3 of the greatest stables in wrestling history but unfortunately they have all 3 run they're course and even if all 3 were reformed even with some of the original members they'll never be as great as they once were. That was proven in WWE with the return of the nWo. The past is history, the future is what WWE writers should focus on. But then again, that's just my opinion. Some folks may disagree.

Kane Knight
02-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Man, the nWo return really did blow, didn't it?

There was no way they could ever restore the stable's former glory, but man...They didn't drop the ball...They skewered it with lawn darts and stapled it to the ass of JR's government mule...

Watson
02-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah no doubt man. I mean they completely defeated the purpose of the nWo. They were just another stable in the WWE locker room and that wasn't the idea of the nWo. They were supposed to be the outsiders who raised hell and screwed up the show by kicking everyone's ass. Not just be regular workers doing whatever Vinnie Mac tells them. What made nWo so kickass in WCW is the fact that they showed up and raised Hell whenever they felt like it and just beat the Hell out of everybody, faces and heels. Hell in WCW faces and heels even joined together to try to rid the company of the New World Order. nWo just didn't give a **** and ya never knew who was gonna join next. But they nothing like that in WWE. They were just another stable trying to get over as superheels. What a waste of time. I guess that's what happens when Vince has control over something he didn't create; he just completely kills it. (New Midnight Express anyone?)

Savio
02-21-2004, 01:44 AM
Man, the nWo return really did blow, didn't it?

There was no way they could ever restore the stable's former glory, but man...They didn't drop the ball...They skewered it with lawn darts and stapled it to the ass of JR's government mule...
The proudest moment of the NWO was when they ran over Rock.

Boondock Saint
02-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Damn it. I really wished I watched when the nWo was first around. I've seen old footage, and read as much as I can, but it's not the same as seeing it live and everything. :-\

Bad Guy
02-21-2004, 03:36 AM
I'll go with no. :-\

MVP
02-21-2004, 10:28 AM
**** no, I'd hate to see Road Dogg and X-Pac back in WWE. Not to mention Billy Gunn getting air time.

Kane Knight
02-21-2004, 11:37 AM
**** no, I'd hate to see Road Dogg and X-Pac back in WWE. Not to mention Billy Gunn getting air time.

All are horrible thoughts, aren't they?

Actually, the thought of Billy Gunn getting airtime's pretty smal compared to the thought of the others returning.

Then again, it's also small compared to Bob Holly getting a main event spot...Doesn't make it any better a choice.

Watson
02-21-2004, 02:16 PM

Amen to that. Death to Billy Gunn!!