PDA

View Full Version : In ten years...

Xero
03-12-2006, 02:58 PM
In ten years time, who do you think will be considered a "Legend" (Austin or Rock-like today) in the WWE? You can include anyone from today really, because you never know who will be going/leaving the WWE.

They can't be considered legends yet, though, so someone like The Undertaker can't be on the list but someone like Jericho can be.

Skippord
03-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Carlito or RVD

The One
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Randy Orton.

Evolution
03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately, John Cena. And JBL.

Y3J
03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Hassan

dablackguy
03-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Maybe Hunter, but will probably be remembered more for politics than some of his great matches

Y3J
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Booker T (He's already a legend in my eyes, just needs a World Title though)
MNM (As a tag team)
Carlito
RVD
Cena (unfortunately)
Edge
Batista

Skippord
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
...KENNEDY

V
03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Gohan3k

The One
03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Maybe Hunter, but will probably be remembered more for politics than some of his great matches

I would argue HHH has already acheived legendary status.

94 SVT Cobra
03-12-2006, 04:08 PM
In all fairness, when cena does hit legend status, hell forever be known as the "Face who couldnt get over" but will be promoted like a legend who had it all.....god i can jsut see them replaying that entrance at the rumble he did as one of his best moments

Skippord
Oh and

CHRIS FUCKING SABIN

dablackguy
He's great... but I dont know about legendary

LIC098
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
In ten years time, who do you think will be considered a "Legend" (Austin or Rock-like today) in the WWE? You can include anyone from today really, because you never know who will be going/leaving the WWE.

They can't be considered legends yet, though, so someone like The Undertaker can't be on the list but someone like Jericho can be.
BATISTA EDGE BENIOT CENA
HHH ORTON

V
03-12-2006, 04:15 PM
WAT ABOUT
FUNAKI?

The One
03-12-2006, 04:22 PM
SmackDown #1 Announcer!

weather vane
03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Triple H

Y3J
03-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Kenny from Spirit Squad.

Skippord
03-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Mitch from the SS

Skippord
03-12-2006, 04:34 PM
BTW I dont mean the spirit squad I mean that they mey have a Nazi gimmick

redoneja
03-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Christopher Daniels
Randy Orton
HHH

The One
03-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I would have said Daniels as well, but he is signed to a contract in TNA until 2010 (so is AJ). Which means even if as soon as he was done he went to WWE, he would still only have a few years to acheive LEGEND status in WWE. But unquestionably Chris Daniels will go down as a legend of professional wrestling in the eyes and minds of most anyone who knows jack shit about this industry...even if that doesn't include WWE.

John la Rock
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
SOMOA JOE

HeartBreakMan2k
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
What makes me sad is Kurt Angle is one of the top guys WWE have had in the last few years and yet he will not be; while guys like Randy Orton and Rob Van Dam have the ultimate potentional to be.

Jordan
03-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Joe... he will become a legend in TNA not WWE.

Rammsteinmad
03-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Chris Benoit

Y3J
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I think guys like Triple H, HBK, Angle and Benoit have already achieved legendary status to an extent, as long as they don't screw it up with stupid shit.

Sting Fan
03-12-2006, 07:35 PM
HHH is a legend, Angle is too, Benoit I feel needs one more title reign (a good one) to really cement him so he is a legend of true stature. Not a guy like Ted Dibiase who while recognised as a legend is seen by many as below a Hogan or a Savage or a Flair.

I think Orton with some more great matches will be recognised, Cenas heel turn will decide on him most probably. RVD may go down as the greatest to never win the big one (I hope not) and Kane and Big Show, I feel both deserve legendary status in the coming years.

Stickman
03-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Seeing how every fucking guy that ever worked for the company is going into the hall of fame, I'd say everybody is a legend.

JTB31
03-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm going to go with the opposite sex and say Trish Stratus.She may still be holding the women's championship in 10 years.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-13-2006, 12:54 AM
HHH is a legend, Angle is too, Benoit I feel needs one more title reign (a good one) to really cement him so he is a legend of true stature. Not a guy like Ted Dibiase who while recognised as a legend is seen by many as below a Hogan or a Savage or a Flair.

I think Orton with some more great matches will be recognised, Cenas heel turn will decide on him most probably. RVD may go down as the greatest to never win the big one (I hope not) and Kane and Big Show, I feel both deserve legendary status in the coming years.

I'm curious as to your definition of legend. See legends to me are guys like Rock, Austin, Hogan, Savage, Michaels, Hart and Sting. I fail to see guys like Triple H, and Kurt Angle as already being there. Hell, as much as I adore Chris Benoit, I fail to see how he's even CLOSE (saying one good title reign would do it is extremely close). I think the word main-eventer would be better for Benoit. One more solid title reign would cement him as that but he'll never hit legend status. He'll always be looked at in the same light as guys like Dibiase and Roberts.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-13-2006, 12:56 AM
OH and had they kept Paul E. as Brock's manager, and he had actually worked the full extent of his contract he would have been the next legend.

Anybody Thrilla
03-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Triple H is a ten time World champion. Most of the people we consider legends haven't even done half of that. He's not even done yet, either. He's a legend already.

Bad Company
03-13-2006, 01:20 AM
how you doing?

Sting Fan
03-13-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm curious as to your definition of legend. See legends to me are guys like Rock, Austin, Hogan, Savage, Michaels, Hart and Sting. I fail to see guys like Triple H, and Kurt Angle as already being there. Hell, as much as I adore Chris Benoit, I fail to see how he's even CLOSE (saying one good title reign would do it is extremely close). I think the word main-eventer would be better for Benoit. One more solid title reign would cement him as that but he'll never hit legend status. He'll always be looked at in the same light as guys like Dibiase and Roberts.

HHH has an undeniable and amazing affect on wrestling in the 90s right through until today. He offered amazing support to the Franchise players of the late 90s (Rock and Austin) and when the time was right took over that leading role flawlessly. He put on MOTYC with the likes of Foley, Rock and others. He has created new stars in Batista and Orton (well Tista anyway, he tried with Orton) and his impact on the WWE with ten world titles to date and above said impact makes him a legend too me.

Angle is is arguably the greatest entertainer the WWE has ever seen, his matches, promos and skits are of a quality and substance I dont think I have ever seen in a ring anywhere. Angle is the total package and as such is easily one of if not the best of the 90s and 00s. That is what makes him a legend.

And as for Benoit, I view him as an improved Dynamite kid. He puts on a great match every night without fail, he has had more MOTYC than I have had hot dinners and on top of that he has left a mark ranigng from Canada too Japan, ECW, WCW and WWE. He has one lengthy WWE title reign under his belt where he did well if not blowing the world away as champion. I think one more title reign of good stature and a few more years under his belt Benoit will deservedly be called the greatest In Ring performer of our time.

I may be strewtching it a bit with Benoit but many have called Dynamite Kid a legend and I think Benoit falls into the same catergory as Dynamite only better.

And as an overall blanket statement I dont think there is a set criteria too being a legend, it is all very subjective.

D Mac
03-13-2006, 03:07 AM
Boogeyman

Chavo Classic
03-13-2006, 04:16 AM
I I think the word main-eventer would be better for Benoit. One more solid title reign would cement him as that but he'll never hit legend status. He'll always be looked at in the same light as guys like Dibiase and Roberts.

On the other hand guys like DiBiase are more reverred than multi-time champions like Hogan and Savage. He'll still be a legend and a future inductee into the Hall of Fame regardless.

Chavo Classic
03-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Kane. Arguably one of the better picks out of Vince's bucket-o-gimmick.

Pinnacle Charisma
03-13-2006, 05:13 AM
HHH, Jericho, Benoit and Kurt Angle will be if they are not already considered legends.

Honestily I dont understand why people have put Bats and Cena. So far in their time in the wwe they havnt shown anything more than Champions like Ultimate Warrior, Diesal and Sid. And as far as Im aware not many classify them as legends.

RVDmark
03-13-2006, 06:09 AM
HHH as he will hold everyone back and be the only person in the world to hold the titles for consecutive yeaars.

and Jericho is a legend he was the first WWE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION even if the WWE fucked up any chance he had with the crappy way they did it. He beat Austin and The Rock in consecutive matches on the same night. He is a legend already.

lol how marky was that