PDA

View Full Version : Guys who never realized their full potential

redoneja
03-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Basically, who are some wrestlers who you believe never was able to reach their full potential, for some reason or another.

For me, the guy who comes immeadiately to mind is Brian Pillman. I can't even begin to imagine a Pillman/Austin feud, post-WM 14. He would have introduced a large dynamo into the Austin/McMahon feud.

The One
03-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Brian Pillman, Chavo Guerrero, Val Venis, Brian Lawler/Grand Masta Sexay, Sean Waltman/X-Pac, and of coruse Kip James/Billy Gunn.

Some other guys who I think could have had AMAZING careers who had mediocer careers; Juvi, Lynn, and naturally the man who I think could have been bigger then Hogan or Rock (just an opinion)...CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO!

But Vince thought it be better that he fuck over the man who could have carried the company on his shoulders for the past few years...yeah Vince, screw a talented Rock'N'Roller and promoted a useless white rapper...good call...fucking dumbass.

Schoenauer
03-12-2006, 05:03 PM
What do you expect The One? Jericho was a Canadian, and in Vince's books... Canada should look bad since WWE is an American based company.

The Optimist
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Lance Storm, Mark Jindrak, Vampiro, Rick Steiner, Booker T, and Dean Malenko all never went where they could have.

James Steele
03-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Brian Pillman, Chavo Guerrero, Val Venis, Brian Lawler/Grand Masta Sexay, Sean Waltman/X-Pac, and of coruse Kip James/Billy Gunn.

Some other guys who I think could have had AMAZING careers who had mediocer careers; Juvi, Lynn, and naturally the man who I think could have been bigger then Hogan or Rock (just an opinion)...CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO!

But Vince thought it be better that he fuck over the man who could have carried the company on his shoulders for the past few years...yeah Vince, screw a talented Rock'N'Roller and promoted a useless white rapper...good call...fucking dumbass.

Saved me from typing.

LIC098
03-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Basically, who are some wrestlers who you believe never was able to reach their full potential, for some reason or another.

For me, the guy who comes immeadiately to mind is Brian Pillman. I can't even begin to imagine a Pillman/Austin feud, post-WM 14. He would have introduced a large dynamo into the Austin/McMahon feud.
charlie hass,stevie richards,test , buff bagwell

John la Rock
03-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I will always say Razor Ramon (Scott Hall). He could have easily been World Champ and headlining ppvs but he fell off the wagon one too many times

The Optimist
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I will always say Razor Ramon (Scott Hall). He could have easily been World Champ and headlining ppvs but he fell off the wagon one too many times
Try three or four too many times.

Bad Company
03-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Definately Scott Hall.

Skippord
03-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Gangrel and Vampiro

dablackguy
03-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Scott Hall, Ahmed Johnson, Billy Gunn

Gunn: Athletic, good size, limited mic skills, a little mic work, less injury, and a stable gimmick might have gotten him to the top

Johnson: Had the look and the size, also limited on the mic, (unintelligible in WWF Warzone) had he not gotten lazy and fat and worked on the mic, could went somewhere.. didn't help that he was black, because lets face it, that's a handicap in WWE

Hall: Had everything, but couldn't not be drunk

Zen v.W.o.
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Brian Pillman yes.

Basically, playing alongside Austin, he was the perfect foil. This guy would have been big in the attitude years, as he was already before his time.

Evolution
03-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Owen Hart. Should have been WWF Champion. They could have used Montreal to elevate him like they are with Eddie/Mysterio.

Gertner
03-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Brian Pillman.

Jake the Snake Roberts

Chavo Classic
03-13-2006, 04:21 AM
Bret Hart - the WCW years.

Pinnacle Charisma
03-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Chris Jericho could have been huge if the wwe had given him a cena like push in 2000/01.

If jake Roberts and Razor Ramon hadnt let thier personal demons fuck them up then they both could have been mutiple world champions

JH
03-13-2006, 08:12 AM
jake,hall,pillman,owen

XL
03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Hassan

Cuzziebro
03-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Although Chavo is still in the WWE he doesn't look like he is going to get a push. He is a very good wrestler and has come from a great family of wrestlers, he deserves a good run.

Stickman
03-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Although Chavo is still in the WWE he doesn't look like he is going to get a push. He is a very good wrestler and has come from a great family of wrestlers, he deserves a good run.

I'm not here to bash your thoughts, but I read comments like this online all the time and I don't buy it. I do however, completely understand what you're saying. Most (not all) wrestlers are pretty good in the WWE so how does that warrant a push? Coming from a family of wrestlers doesn't make you deserve a push either. I don't think Chavo "deserves" any good run or title reign or whatever. Yeah he's talented, but he's just not a main eventer. If everybody decent deserves a good push, there would be no such thing as a mid card division. Does it make more sense for Chavo to do the "Eddies watching over me" angle as opposed to Mysterio? Hell yeah. But a lot of talent doesn't get pushed for numerous reasons, Chavo is one of them.

Vermaat
03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Billy Gunn, he had it all but he didn't seem to care and was always like flat so WWE stopped pushing him. But he had it all to suceed.

Another one is his DX buddy X-Pac, he needed a name change, a shave and he could be mixing it up with Rey imo, X-Pac was pretty innovative in his moves and could use the mic.

Also believe it or not, Matt Morgan. He was a huge guy and awesome but that gimmick where he can't talk was dumb, he never should have used it.

alvarado52
03-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Sean O'Haire

D Mac
03-14-2006, 02:17 AM
Bastion Booger.

PullMyFinger
03-14-2006, 02:32 AM
1 - Scott Hall. One of the factors for making wrestling so bad in the 90s again, but never got to be Champ.

2 - Val Venis. I remember when this guy had the IC Title and used to wrestle on Raw and win. What happened?

3 - Chris Jericho - stated already.

4 - The Giant/Paul Wight/Big Show.