PDA

View Full Version : I'm not watching Raw tonight. You shouldn't either.

PureHatred
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Seriously. I'm reading the same thread about the problems the WWE is having lately. And here's the thing: I've made it a habit to leave the boards and come back...when wrestling doesn't keep my attention I don't visit TPWW that often...but I always get more excited around Wrestlemani and I generally like the build-up.

But this year..not feeling it. Not watching. Not even interested in WM.

Realisitically, Vince, even with all his eveil genius reputation, is notoriously bad at changing his product. So my not watching will have zero effect. But maybe if enough fans just stop paying attention, then that will send the message that the WWE needs to get its shit together.

So there you go...I'm not watching. Gonna read, or masturbate, or maybe work on my Cornellverse/EWR scenario. Probably some of everything.

flairwooo
03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Ye, You could boycott it in the hope other ppl will..but that's not very likely,So you might as well just hope it gets better..we all must hope:shifty:

Dorkchop
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
It's posponed in Canada so TSN due to curling. Boourns.

Blitz
03-13-2006, 07:37 PM
:foc: you, curling.

Innovator
03-13-2006, 08:18 PM
24 takes precedent over RAW

And the TV gets turned off before the Cena main event

The One
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Maybe on EWR you could create someone who's gimmick is he masturbates to erotic literature...that way you could do all three at the same time...in a way.

PureHatred
03-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Maybe on EWR you could create someone who's gimmick is he masturbates to erotic literature...that way you could do all three at the same time...in a way.

The Literoticator?

Xero
03-13-2006, 09:10 PM
The Bookworm

PureHatred
03-13-2006, 09:13 PM
The Bookworm

Clever, but a little on the weak side. "Literoticator" sounds like he could drill a hole through a Webster's dictionary with his mighty penis.

In fact, he could do that before every match. Like the Master Lock. Except entertaining.

ThruTheWire
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't care, you can sit there and beat off from 9pm-11pm.. I'll watch raw thanks.

94 SVT Cobra
03-14-2006, 12:06 AM
I watch raw tonight, and started playin mario strikers by ten thirty, after wanting to orginally play at ten. i have NEVER stopped wrestling show for a video game before this.

alvarado52
03-14-2006, 12:11 AM
OMFG GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST RAW EVER!!!!!.....jk

The Naitch
03-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I remember in 99/00 when RAW would go off the air, I was like "oh shit! I can't wait for Smackdown!!!!!"

I remember missing out on WrestleMania X7 because it was the culmination of the most anticipated Rock vs. Austin feud, and I regret extending that Christmas vacation

Nowadays, it's like if you miss it, it's no big deal...nothing really big happens anyways. The last thing i remeber missing is Rock's heel turn when against Hogan in 2003. But then again, I'm a huge Rock mark

Shit sucks, and that ONE THING that has the potential to make you wanna tune in week in week is GONE.

Back in 2000, it was The Rock's promos. You'd make sure your ass was planted in front of the TV screen on Monday Nights because Rock could come out in the opening segembnt, he could come out after the first hour or he could be in the final segment laying the smacketh down on some poor jabronie

They had the potential with Cena. I'd watch each and every week if he was cutting heelish battle "raps" on his opponents each week like he did on Smackdown in 2003. Imagine if he was to rap about Triple H's nose and bloated body. Fuck it would've been hilarious. Atleast entertaining enough to tune in

Now, it's just the same old shit. It's way too formulaic right now. Too predictable. Maybe it's just me?

I'm still gonna watch WrestleMania though, because I missed last years

KillerWolf
03-14-2006, 12:57 AM
RAW failed to record on my DVR tonight for some reason. i did watch about 20 or 30 minutes of it. then i turned it off before the main event. RAW really is unwatchable. i will not make any attempt at restoring RAW to my DVR timer. in all seriousness i simply cannot continue to devote any of my time to watching RAW.

Funky Fly
03-14-2006, 01:17 AM
I missed it. Didn't have a choice since the power was out for 4 hours on my block.

And only my block. :mad:

94 SVT Cobra
03-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I missed it. Didn't have a choice since the power was out for 4 hours on my block.

And only my block. :mad:

You ever heard of a blessing in disguise? or divine intervention?

Funky Fly
03-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Losing 4 hours with which I could have written a paper is considered a blessing? That time is coming out of my sleep now. :foc:

Dave Youell
03-14-2006, 07:54 AM
If you don't like Raw, watch Impact.

Thank you come again

RVDmark
03-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Surely vince wants us internet peeps to stop watching.

However with this present time being 'Make it or break it' for WWE you not watching could break them.

:rofl:

Funky Fly
03-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh shit, you know you are doomed when noobs who are even noobier (is that even a word? :?: ) than you are snappin' all over you. :D

KillerWolf
03-14-2006, 10:14 AM
If you don't like Raw, watch Impact.

Thank you come again

IMPACT sucks too, Dave.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
A few years ago, I felt like every epsiode of Raw was a must-watch. Even their bad episodes were still GREAT compared to what they have on now. Now I forget to tape it, and I find myself not caring that much. Or I watch it live, and I walk out of the room in mid-match/promo/whatever.

But honestly, I've got to say, thank you PH, for being intelligent enough to turn off the TV when the programming gets bad.

Londoner
03-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I woke up at about 10 past 2 in the morning, and thought 'Raw is the only thing on right now, might as well turn it on' and could barely sit through it and ended up turning it off.I don't even know the result of the main event and couldn't careless.

Am I seriously supposed to care about Edge V Goldust?

Btw, i'm odering wrestlemania because i've refused to order it ever since its gone on Sky Box Office and feel like I should give it a chance, but if this WM proves to be a waste of money, i'm not ordering a PPV/watching again until the product improves, which is why i'll still come on here, to see if it does.

Stickman
03-14-2006, 12:50 PM
So as Raw was postponed tonight due to Curling I made it home in time to watch the whole thing. I decided that since I wouldn't be getting laid I might as well watch. So it starts out with Vince pretending Austin is still his opponent. Oh wow, how unexpected, the cup of piss was thrown at the MacMahons. I never saw that coming. (Can you sense sarcasm?) Then there were a few boring matches and promos and you know what. The only thing I paid attention to was HHH during his promo. We all talk about HHH being a dink but he's the only reason to watch. Then there was other stuff. Seriously, I couldn't care less about what I was watching. WTF with the Black Cowboy coming out? I did find myself flipping channels but I did watch most of Raw and I seriously am uninterested. I don't even remember any of the matches. Yup, I am finally getting tired of wrestling.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 01:07 PM
I decided that since I wouldn't be getting laid I might as well watch.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-14-2006, 01:11 PM
WWE hasn't been good since early 2001.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-14-2006, 01:12 PM
5 years of feces.

Avenger
03-14-2006, 01:13 PM
RAW was good.

Stickman
03-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure which is worse.

Sadly, watching Raw

St. Jimmy
03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Trips > Jarrett.

i don't care if TNA had every great wrestler from the past 7 years on their program. they would still dissapoint me with their mediocore style of wrestling program.

Team Sheep
03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Seriously, you lot expect way too much. I liked RAW this week, and have been enjoying it for the past number of weeks. And I can't wait for Saturday Night's Main Event. I may just be an easily pleased person, but you should try tuning in without such high expectations. The Attitude era's long gone, this is a whole new generation. Either like it, or change the channel.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Seriously, you lot expect way too much.

Yeah. Like good programming.

PureHatred
03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Seriously, you lot expect way too much. I liked RAW this week, and have been enjoying it for the past number of weeks. And I can't wait for Saturday Night's Main Event. I may just be an easily pleased person, but you should try tuning in without such high expectations. The Attitude era's long gone, this is a whole new generation. Either like it, or change the channel.

The irony of this comment coming from someone who's user name is 'Team Sheep' is pretty thick. I'm glad you're "happy" with the programming. But there are some pretty legit reasons not to watch.

So I didn't. I was out a little bit, got some coffee with a friend, watched some movies on-line later, and prepped for a contract proposal at work. Basically I puttered. And like a lot of people in this thread I didn't feel like I missed much; I'm a pretty avid wrestling fan and the fact that I had zero interest in a Raw the week before SNME (the first SNME in years) and three weeks before WM is more an indicator of the quality of the product than of me being 'too demanding.'

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 06:01 PM
You know, aside from the Michaels Storyline (And Vince spending more time on the mic than HHH), another "squash" match where the Spirit Squad STILL couldn't dominate one guy and Cowboy Troy, there was some good stuff. Mostly HHH.

He saved the contract signing and the ME was awesome (as far as non-singles go). There was a lot of entertainment value in both segments.
Shelton vs the Whole F'ing show was also great.

Sadly, the Divas, McMahons, Spirit Squad and Rated R Superstar kinda sucked up the rest of the time. But those three highlights were enough to make me think the time I spent fast forwarding was worth it.

Vermaat
03-14-2006, 06:21 PM
I have one point to make.

A TRUE wrestling fan will not willingly miss a raw that has as much build up and exctiment as the raws that are on preceding Mania.

Make of that what you will but it is the TRUTH.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 06:23 PM
I keep going back and forth. I want to believe the guy's just trolling for a reaction, but I just can't imagin ANYONE putting that much effort into acting this stupid.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 06:26 PM
A TRUE wrestling fan will watch bad wrestling. That is the TRUTH.

A Crisis is coming.

Do unto others

Sit up straight and eat your vegetables.

Vermaat
03-14-2006, 06:27 PM
I keep going back and forth. I want to believe the guy's just trolling for a reaction, but I just can't imagin ANYONE putting that much effort into acting this stupid.

The only person trolling is you when you post off topic and insult other posters.

PureHatred
03-14-2006, 06:44 PM
The only person trolling is you when you post off topic and insult other posters.

Yeah, you're right. A TRUE wrestling fan will set there and watch whatever crap that the WWE shows, no matte rhow bad it is. That's the exact mentality that sickens me about WWE marks. Its amazing that enough people out there are like you that Vince is actually a billionaire.

In no industry would you hear people say, "Sure that show has been shitty for like the last 5 months, but if I stop watching I won't be a fan. I mean, how else is Queer Eye going to get ratings...."

Dorkchop
03-14-2006, 07:14 PM
A TRUE wrestling fan will watch bad wrestling. That is the TRUTH.

A Crisis is coming.

Do unto others

Sit up straight and eat your vegetables.

True truth crisis unto straight eat? :shifty:

Dorkchop
03-14-2006, 07:18 PM
I found the first hour wasn't necessary for me to watch... I watched it, it's just there wasn't much actual wrestling. The only thing I liked in the first hour was HBK throwing pee on Vince, Shane, and security.

I found the last hour was very good. Shelton vs RVD was good. Can you imagine how great that match would have been if they had more time?

I liked the main event. I usually really like 6+man tag team matches.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 07:42 PM

Actually, that's called flaming, tardboy.

V
03-14-2006, 07:53 PM
i slept through raw on monday and didn't even realize it until i saw this thread

Xero
03-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Trolling is assholes who can't accept when they've been defeated. OR when they're fucking with a forum.

I have to say, I've never seen such a big Unsmart Mark here that wasn't a joke account.

V
03-14-2006, 07:59 PM
i just saw the video of orton RKOing cena

the annoucnes no sold it... it seemed like something normal just happend, i really miss JR, who would have been like

"BAH GAWD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BASTARD RANDY ORTON DOING HERE, HE NEARLY RIPPED OFF CENA'S HEAD. BBQ SAUCE GO BACK TO SMACKDOWN WHERE YOU BELONG YOU SON OF A BITCH"

i'm not being sarcastic here... JR would have made that an awesome Raw moment :(

Nervous Ferret
03-14-2006, 08:04 PM
WHAT

Orton RKOed Cena wtfdffirghorfhgffff

I missed RAW because I was stuck in layover in Chicago but I could always downmload it or read a review or someithng, but I have been waiting for an Orton/Cena encounter for llike, 3 years

V
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
they faced each other on eddie's tribute show you know..

and are facing each other on saturday nights main event in a tag match

i have been waiting forever too :o

Nervous Ferret
03-14-2006, 08:08 PM
1) That was a little different
2) YEAH ACTUALLY KINDA pupmed for SNME, doubt I'll watch it though, due to it being you know, Saturday night.
3) I love you

94 SVT Cobra
03-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Losing 4 hours with which I could have written a paper is considered a blessing? That time is coming out of my sleep now. :foc:

In order to acheieve a nirvana like state that you didnt even know u felt missing this sucktasitc raw, a sacrifice MUST be made.

Team Sheep
03-15-2006, 04:27 PM
The irony of this comment coming from someone who's user name is 'Team Sheep' is pretty thick. I'm glad you're "happy" with the programming. But there are some pretty legit reasons not to watch.

So I didn't. I was out a little bit, got some coffee with a friend, watched some movies on-line later, and prepped for a contract proposal at work. Basically I puttered. And like a lot of people in this thread I didn't feel like I missed much; I'm a pretty avid wrestling fan and the fact that I had zero interest in a Raw the week before SNME (the first SNME in years) and three weeks before WM is more an indicator of the quality of the product than of me being 'too demanding.'

Everybody expects and demands a good show, and it was. You tune in to watch Raw to see wrestling and storylines. We had 5 matches, plus a good development in storylines, which has gotten me well pumped for SNME and Wrestlemania. Maybe you think you don't miss a lot if you're just half watching it, and popping out for a snack through the whole thing. But if you sit and watch properly, you appreciate the programming more.

Kane Knight
03-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, there as good storyline development in like, 2 segments, both of which involved Cena/HHH.

The rest of them were pretty much shit.

Arguing that you need to watch it properly is weak. It's their job to make people feel they need to watch it, not to make us feel like we have to be burdened in order to "appreciate" it.

Team Sheep
03-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I think the WWE is more for the purists in a way these days. No big time spots to keep you hooked, you should just appreciate the skill, timing and work ethic that is put in. And you can only do that by watching from start to finish. It's a lot harder to introduce newer fans now, because there are no 20 foot splashes every week. Besides, doesn't Raw have enough commercial breaks for you to go out? It's pretty ridiculous at times.

Shadow
03-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I have one point to make.

A TRUE wrestling fan will not willingly miss a raw that has as much build up and exctiment as the raws that are on preceding Mania.

Make of that what you will but it is the TRUTH.

So because crap is being shoved down our throats, we don't have the right to turn off our tvs or change the channle because then we won't be true fans?

Hey guys...we're not true wrestling fans!

Xero
03-15-2006, 05:16 PM
You know, I'm seriously beinging to think that Vermaat is somehow linked to the writing team and/or Vince McMahon.

Shadow
03-15-2006, 05:17 PM
He can't be Vince though. Vince wouldn't make himself sound like a 12 year old.

Xero
03-15-2006, 05:19 PM
He can't be Vince though. Vince wouldn't make himself sound like a 12 year old.
Never said he was. Vince, as stupid as he can be, wouldn't be this obvious.

Kane Knight
03-15-2006, 06:59 PM
So because crap is being shoved down our throats, we don't have the right to turn off our tvs or change the channle because then we won't be true fans?

Hey guys...we're not true wrestling fans!

True wrestling fans are mentally retarded and like watching bad wrestling!

Kane Knight
03-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Never said he was. Vince, as stupid as he can be, wouldn't be this obvious.

Not to mention he wouldn't want to piss off Brock anymore.